Trinity EQ1

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
kylen

Re: Trinity Eq is coming

Post by kylen » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:52 pm

SWAN wrote:haha classic - not to worry...yes because its nebula engine you dont want to have it all switched on as default... 8-)
Good point! My 2-core probably wouldn't like it, need to get more dilithium crystals... :lol:

kylen

Post by kylen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 am

I probably misunderstood which model this was sampled from and am pleasantly surprised that the Q/bandwidth of the peaking filters is wider than I thought and seems to be about 0.5 Q, or about 2.5 octaves (hope I measured correctly). But the sound of this is really a pleasure, and I've got all 5 switches on and it's not killing my memory or cpu like 5 Nebula instances can (depending on preset used). Hats off to Nebula 4 I think & AlexB for this great sound. I haven't used this long enough to go crazy but man this sure sounds fine! Still something about the knob control that I'm thinking about. But finally I can get to the different EQ bands all on the same plugin and focus on the sound...whew after all this time, thank you. :)

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:48 am

kylen wrote:I probably misunderstood which model this was sampled from and am pleasantly surprised that the Q/bandwidth of the peaking filters is wider than I thought and seems to be about 0.5 Q, or about 2.5 octaves (hope I measured correctly). But the sound of this is really a pleasure, and I've got all 5 switches on and it's not killing my memory or cpu like 5 Nebula instances can (depending on preset used). Hats off to Nebula 4 I think & AlexB for this great sound. I haven't used this long enough to go crazy but man this sure sounds fine! Still something about the knob control that I'm thinking about. But finally I can get to the different EQ bands all on the same plugin and focus on the sound...whew after all this time, thank you. :)
Thank you kylen.
Yes, Trinity is the first plugin that using some features of Nebula 4 technology.

Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Hannes_F » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:58 pm

This thing sounds seriously good.

And: One instance of it with all bands on takes 0.07% of CPU power (i7 920 [email protected] GHz here).

For the future I wished I had a version with two bands more but for now I stack two instances.

But: for me it is a greeeeeeeeeat step up in usability compared to how Nebula worked in the past. Well done everybody!
Last edited by Hannes_F on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Trinity is "Nebula4 ready".
;)

Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Hannes_F » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Antonello wrote:Trinity is "Nebula4 ready".
;)
Antonello, was that a reply to my post or a general remark?

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:14 am

Hannes_F wrote:
Antonello wrote:Trinity is "Nebula4 ready".
;)
Antonello, was that a reply to my post or a general remark?
A general remark.

turbotrixie
User Level I
User Level I

Post by turbotrixie » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Been using this for a week now, I'm pleased!

A good, solid and somewhat versatile EQ which pretty much destroys all other algo EQ's.

Good job everyone :)

EDIT: PS the UI im not such a big fan of. Needlessly big and quite ugly. The aestethics arent as big of a problem, but the size kindof is..

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:04 pm

yes it is a 2 rack unit. In nebula4 you have a sort of rack, so you could have a single rack unit as min space usage (like dobly d316A). Most of acqua plugins will be 2 racks size

PaulRain
User Level I
User Level I

Post by PaulRain » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:04 pm

will Nebula 4 be able to do what the Trinity does? apart from the gui of course.
What do you mean with Tryinity is "Nebula4 ready"... that at the moment is not using N4 engine? but it will change as soon 4 is ready?
p