Trinity EQ1

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
javahut
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Trinity Eq is coming

Post by javahut » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:20 pm

ce1909 wrote:sorry, that makes no sense to me at all.
Rename Trinity.dll to EQP1.dll?
I would guess he's trying to get you to temporarily rename the Trinity to EQP1 (temporarily removing EQP1), so it will use the XML settings you have for EQP1... to see if it's a setting in one XMLs that's not in the other that's causing one to work better than the other.

Of course, you could do this yourself... if Acustica would release proper documentation of ALL configuration settings used in the XMLs, and what they're for... and provide better, complete explanations. But they don't, or won't, so you're stuck with guessing in many cases.

Hopefully they don't come back here posting a link to the FAQ post containing the incomplete list of XML configuration settings. It's of little use in many cases.
downtempo.dub.psychedlic.twang
Canartic - Modulotion

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:15 pm

javahut wrote:
ce1909 wrote:sorry, that makes no sense to me at all.
Rename Trinity.dll to EQP1.dll?
I would guess he's trying to get you to temporarily rename the Trinity to EQP1 (temporarily removing EQP1), so it will use the XML settings you have for EQP1... to see if it's a setting in one XMLs that's not in the other that's causing one to work better than the other.

Of course, you could do this yourself... if Acustica would release proper documentation of ALL configuration settings used in the XMLs, and what they're for... and provide better, complete explanations. But they don't, or won't, so you're stuck with guessing in many cases.

Hopefully they don't come back here posting a link to the FAQ post containing the incomplete list of XML configuration settings. It's of little use in many cases.
Customer Area > Dashboard > Summit Tickets
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

javahut
User Level V
User Level V

Post by javahut » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Is anyone willing to say what the hardware equivalent of this is supposed to be? British EQ... controls appear to be N**e like. Is this a N**e console EQ? "Trinity" makes me think T*****t, but the controls don't really suggest that. Thanks.
downtempo.dub.psychedlic.twang
Canartic - Modulotion

kylen

Post by kylen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:01 pm

javahut wrote:Is anyone willing to say what the hardware equivalent of this is supposed to be? British EQ... controls appear to be N**e like. Is this a N**e console EQ? "Trinity" makes me think T*****t, but the controls don't really suggest that. Thanks.
I'm wondering this myself...someone can PM me if we're trying to keep it confidential.

EDIT: Unofficially here is a 'nebula-mangled' hint:
the EQ is from a British 90's All-tek console, built in a country between France and Poland by Dine-O-Cord.

kylen

Post by kylen » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:58 pm

None of the knobs are usable for me, when I move them they either send the mouse into outspace or twirl and go back to 0.

If you guys need me to beta-test the fix (I see other folks with the same problem). I'm on Reaper 4.6, Win7 32-bit, 2-core laptop. Till then I'll have to put it away - not usable! :(

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:21 pm

i assume it is authorized and the auth file is in place.

with an older machine like you stated, i would try the vstgui3 version, when available in your account.
when not, request it from acustica.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

kylen

Post by kylen » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:38 pm

mathias wrote:i assume it is authorized and the auth file is in place.

with an older machine like you stated, i would try the vstgui3 version, when available in your account.
when not, request it from acustica.

mathias
Yes - I believe it is authorized. Before placing the TRINITEQ.aut in the same folder as the TRINITEQ.SER TrinityEQ was giving me a 'nag to register' box. Now after placing the .aut it doesn't show the nag anymore. Regarding machine - is there a 'System Requirements' page somewhere I may have missed? I'll try vstgui3 version then as you suggest - thanks!

himhui
Expert
Expert

Post by himhui » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:19 pm

There are on/off buttons... Did you switch it on?
97v4 /Win10 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.7/X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro

kylen

Post by kylen » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 pm

himhui wrote:There are on/off buttons... Did you switch it on?
Haha - Customer: My PC won't work, Support: Is it plugged in? :lol:
That's the oldest trick in the book - thanks for the help - it works perfectly now! Knobs twirl just fine. I can honestly say I've never seen that in a plugin before (except maybe Aqua when it isn't authorized).
Now I'm off and running, turning on each on/off switch fixes my problem. Glory... :oops:

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:39 pm

haha classic - not to worry...yes because its nebula engine you dont want to have it all switched on as default... 8-)
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

kylen

Post by kylen » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:52 pm

SWAN wrote:haha classic - not to worry...yes because its nebula engine you dont want to have it all switched on as default... 8-)
Good point! My 2-core probably wouldn't like it, need to get more dilithium crystals... :lol:

kylen

Post by kylen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 am

I probably misunderstood which model this was sampled from and am pleasantly surprised that the Q/bandwidth of the peaking filters is wider than I thought and seems to be about 0.5 Q, or about 2.5 octaves (hope I measured correctly). But the sound of this is really a pleasure, and I've got all 5 switches on and it's not killing my memory or cpu like 5 Nebula instances can (depending on preset used). Hats off to Nebula 4 I think & AlexB for this great sound. I haven't used this long enough to go crazy but man this sure sounds fine! Still something about the knob control that I'm thinking about. But finally I can get to the different EQ bands all on the same plugin and focus on the sound...whew after all this time, thank you. :)

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:48 am

kylen wrote:I probably misunderstood which model this was sampled from and am pleasantly surprised that the Q/bandwidth of the peaking filters is wider than I thought and seems to be about 0.5 Q, or about 2.5 octaves (hope I measured correctly). But the sound of this is really a pleasure, and I've got all 5 switches on and it's not killing my memory or cpu like 5 Nebula instances can (depending on preset used). Hats off to Nebula 4 I think & AlexB for this great sound. I haven't used this long enough to go crazy but man this sure sounds fine! Still something about the knob control that I'm thinking about. But finally I can get to the different EQ bands all on the same plugin and focus on the sound...whew after all this time, thank you. :)
Thank you kylen.
Yes, Trinity is the first plugin that using some features of Nebula 4 technology.

Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Post by Hannes_F » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:58 pm

This thing sounds seriously good.

And: One instance of it with all bands on takes 0.07% of CPU power (i7 920 [email protected] GHz here).

For the future I wished I had a version with two bands more but for now I stack two instances.

But: for me it is a greeeeeeeeeat step up in usability compared to how Nebula worked in the past. Well done everybody!
Last edited by Hannes_F on Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:14 pm

Trinity is "Nebula4 ready".
;)