Neo

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
owen_musician
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Neo

Post by owen_musician » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:42 pm

I have Waves NLS, REDD, Satson and Britson and of all of these VSTs I find NEO to be the best at giving the 'weight' of a real console.
However, I'm frustrated as, unless I use NEO in a project with quite low track and VST counts, Cubase crashes whenever I insert any of the NEO plugins.
None of my other VSTs does this - and some of them are well-known CPU-hogs. Are there any workarounds which would enable NEO to be used on a high-track project or do I need to save it for when everything is frozen/bounced down?

(This happens on a Windows 8.1 system with Cubase 64 7.5.3, 32GB RAM, all SSD drives, i7 3820 CPU and a RME UCX)

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Neo

Post by Support » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:37 pm

owen_musician wrote:I have Waves NLS, REDD, Satson and Britson and of all of these VSTs I find NEO to be the best at giving the 'weight' of a real console.
However, I'm frustrated as, unless I use NEO in a project with quite low track and VST counts, Cubase crashes whenever I insert any of the NEO plugins.
None of my other VSTs does this - and some of them are well-known CPU-hogs. Are there any workarounds which would enable NEO to be used on a high-track project or do I need to save it for when everything is frozen/bounced down?

(This happens on a Windows 8.1 system with Cubase 64 7.5.3, 32GB RAM, all SSD drives, i7 3820 CPU and a RME UCX)
Probably both issues, crash and low performance, are OS account privilege related. Please check that our are a real administrator with a real complete administrator right and your sequencer is running with administrator rights.

If you need more assistance please, contact us thru a support ticket in your Dashboard.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

scalawag
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:26 am

Re: Neo

Post by scalawag » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi!
Will Neo have a new GUI? I mean, even the free Acquavox has a gorgeous design, and all Acqua plugins made after Neo have a great GUI.
Please!!!!
Thank you!

owen_musician
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:59 am

Re: Neo

Post by owen_musician » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:35 pm

Running Cubase in Admin mode made absolutely no difference. Every time I instantiate Neo on a track in a 'big' project there's a huge resource spike and the program crashes.

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Neo

Post by Support » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:36 pm

scalawag wrote:Hi!
Will Neo have a new GUI? I mean, even the free Acquavox has a gorgeous design, and all Acqua plugins made after Neo have a great GUI.
Please!!!!
Thank you!
No new UI planned.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

poshook
User Level V
User Level V
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Neo

Post by poshook » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Any news about upcomming update with mac support?
Mac Pro 12-Core, OS X 10.2.3, 32GB RAM, GTX970, Apogee DUET FW, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Trinity, Titanium, Pink, Red, Ochre, Orange, SAND, Gold

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Neo

Post by Support » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:27 pm

owen_musician wrote:Running Cubase in Admin mode made absolutely no difference. Every time I instantiate Neo on a track in a 'big' project there's a huge resource spike and the program crashes.
Send a ticket plase.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Neo

Post by Support » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:28 pm

poshook wrote:Any news about upcomming update with mac support?
VST/VST64 and also AU/AU64 will be release, we are also working in a better way to get all your Acustica Audio products update in a few clicks with also safe backup.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

nonstandardryder
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:23 am

Re: Neo

Post by nonstandardryder » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:36 pm

I have been wanting this one for mac for a while now. Will the new version have any of the new technology/advancements you guys have been making with the compressors and loading times of the eq's?

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3561
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Neo

Post by Support » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 pm

nonstandardryder wrote:I have been wanting this one for mac for a while now. Will the new version have any of the new technology/advancements you guys have been making with the compressors and loading times of the eq's?
Acqua Effect and Nebula share the same code, it is like a framework, we apply improvement to all products. We are in 1.3.810.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11158
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Neo

Post by giancarlo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

we hope to upgrade it in november. It is the last product missing,because we don't plan to upgrade stradipad

alriccu
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:13 pm

Re: Neo

Post by alriccu » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Neo dll update when is possible download the new version? :roll:
Alessandro

jrasia
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:39 am

Re: Neo

Post by jrasia » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:13 am

Looking forward to this update as well.

teod
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:19 am

Re: Neo

Post by teod » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Is this still going to be released for Mac? I bought it a while back without realizing there was no Mac version, but I read that Mac would be released so I decided to keep it and I have been waiting. I really hope it will be. :D

nonstandardryder
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:23 am

Re: Neo

Post by nonstandardryder » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:33 am

When this is updated will it have any new engine updates? Also with any new engine updates since the compressor break throughs, will the new updates help keep transients better?

I'm looking to offline render a bunch of Dance/House/Club projects and would like to keep my transients while still adding that nice glue and color effect.

Post Reply