Neo

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Neo

Post by tumburu » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:14 pm

giancarlo wrote: it's something revolutionary for this kind of product. It's the kind of beast which makes a shop interesting and not boring. We are creating different products and gui
What is revolutionary? The fact that it's a console plugin with Nebula technology? Indeed, Nebula was the first that started this, but now there are plenty of console plugins out there.

Regarding the creation of GUIs, I'd like to point out that the no. 1 complaint regarding Nebula was always the GUI. Why not focus and fix the main thing in the first place?

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:24 pm

tumburu wrote:
giancarlo wrote: it's something revolutionary for this kind of product. It's the kind of beast which makes a shop interesting and not boring. We are creating different products and gui
What is revolutionary? The fact that it's a console plugin with Nebula technology? Indeed, Nebula was the first that started this, but now there are plenty of console plugins out there.

Regarding the creation of GUIs, I'd like to point out that the no. 1 complaint regarding Nebula was always the GUI. Why not focus and fix the main thing in the first place?
Don't worry.
Acustica is working on many streams; one of this is the evolution of the Nebula gui.

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:54 pm

That's good to know. I'm really glad Giancarlo is back in developing Nebula. The waters cooled down too much in the last year.

mike1000
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by mike1000 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:06 pm

So has anyone actually bought this?? :?

maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Post by maniak » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:43 pm

I agree with tumburu.

I also love Nebula... the Preamps, EQ’s, consoles and others.
But this GUI and some others … I don’t know, they tend to look so “plastic” :| .

Something that others plug-ins manufacturers are doing very well are the GUI’s. We can take UA for example..... right? ;)

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:54 pm

My opinion may be unpopular, but I personally would rather see Giancarlo and crew devote time to furthering development on the audio, stability, and other functionality-based aspects of this wonderful software and leave the boring GUI as-is. To me, any time spent in development on the GUI is a waste of time, especially when there are some pressing issues in regards to other more important things (again, in my opinion). I also prefer the generic and "plastic" GUI of Nebula, it reminds me that I am tweaking software to affect the audio, not getting wrapped up in some gorgeous GUI (which can have a tendency to fooling people into liking something....).

Don't get me wrong, I love artful and pretty GUI's- Some of the Aqua plugins are really stunning to look at and use. But the functionality is already defined and stable. But Nebula is like the Grand-daddy plugin, it has more potential and versatility than any specific Aqua plugin. And because of that, i personally feel that some of the more pressing issues should have development time devoted to them long before GUI upgrades (ask a 64bit Mac user how they feel about better GUI's having priority over them getting a stable native plugin). I am not on a Mac, but know some that are getting frustrated.

I have it easy, I am on a PC and have a great experience with Nebula. But if dev time is precious, then I certainly hope that different issues are priority over gui's. Just my opinion of course.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:28 pm

I repeat: Acustica is working on many, many streams; many of these are secrets but they reserves (again) incredible evolutions.

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:51 pm

richie43 wrote:My opinion may be unpopular, but I personally would rather see Giancarlo and crew devote time to furthering development on the audio, stability, and other functionality-based aspects of this wonderful software and leave the boring GUI as-is. To me, any time spent in development on the GUI is a waste of time, especially when there are some pressing issues in regards to other more important things (again, in my opinion). I also prefer the generic and "plastic" GUI of Nebula, it reminds me that I am tweaking software to affect the audio, not getting wrapped up in some gorgeous GUI (which can have a tendency to fooling people into liking something....).

Don't get me wrong, I love artful and pretty GUI's- Some of the Aqua plugins are really stunning to look at and use. But the functionality is already defined and stable. But Nebula is like the Grand-daddy plugin, it has more potential and versatility than any specific Aqua plugin. And because of that, i personally feel that some of the more pressing issues should have development time devoted to them long before GUI upgrades (ask a 64bit Mac user how they feel about better GUI's having priority over them getting a stable native plugin). I am not on a Mac, but know some that are getting frustrated.

I have it easy, I am on a PC and have a great experience with Nebula. But if dev time is precious, then I certainly hope that different issues are priority over gui's. Just my opinion of course.
Maybe you misunderstood my post. I'm not talking about flashy GUIs. At all. And this one is, btw, it was exactly my remark. Giancarlo stated his opinion on it and I was simply pointing out that GUIs were the weakest point in the link and this one makes no exception IMVHO. I'd rather prefer a simple interface, but made with good taste and with accurate controls and meters. That's all.

FWIW Nebula's interface was copied by Waves and Klanghelm and that' a good sign, in terms of placement of controls. The new browser was a godsend but the akai style screed remained. On top of that it never worked as smooth as expected and the meters were also a bit awkward.

I understand your point and agree with it although not entirely.

Really looking forward for those surprises Antonello is talking about. Hopefully everybody will be happy :mrgreen:

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:07 am

Antonello wrote:I repeat: Acustica is working on many, many streams; many of these are secrets but they reserves (again) incredible evolutions.
I have faith in you Acustica crazy folks.... :shock:
I was not saying that you guys are not working, because I know that you are working very hard in many ways. I just have no issues with the GUI as-is. I don't even mind the metering- The only thing that i personally care about metering with are compressors, and then again, even accurate metering in compression is only secondary to how it sounds.... so I guess vague metering has always been ok with me...lol.
Also.... tumburu, I wasn't attacking you either, it's all good.

tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by tumburu » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:59 am

richie43 wrote:tumburu, I wasn't attacking you either, it's all good.
Never perceived your post as an atack, we're cool! :D

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:48 am

tumburu wrote:
richie43 wrote:tumburu, I wasn't attacking you either, it's all good.
Never perceived your post as an atack, we're cool! :D
Good deal. I am a hopelessly positive person but sometimes I get so into something that I get misinterpreted as jumping on someone. Cheers!

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:45 pm

This links in a bit with something Richie and I were discussing a couple of months ago which I think is pertinent to all the lovely and secret things antonello et al are doing.

Richie can flick settings here and there, mess about with Nat or whatever, great. Many of us can't cook won't cook. I took the decision to reduce my nebula usage because it killed my pc. Cpu and load times locked me out of a few projects and it was a task to recover them.

I accept neb is a high end product needing a high end pc, but I won't be buying more libraries until cpu power goes up or neb comes down. And a user friendly way of managing thousands of programs would help. I must be too stupid or lazy to get zabukowski's thing, but I represent a fair part of the market I think.

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:49 pm

garyk_123 wrote:This links in a bit with something Richie and I were discussing a couple of months ago which I think is pertinent to all the lovely and secret things antonello et al are doing.

Richie can flick settings here and there, mess about with Nat or whatever, great. Many of us can't cook won't cook. I took the decision to reduce my nebula usage because it killed my pc. Cpu and load times locked me out of a few projects and it was a task to recover them.

I accept neb is a high end product needing a high end pc, but I won't be buying more libraries until cpu power goes up or neb comes down. And a user friendly way of managing thousands of programs would help. I must be too stupid or lazy to get zabukowski's thing, but I represent a fair part of the market I think.
I am not a tweaking guru by any stretch. I have accepted the work-flow issues, and I do not use a "nuclear" computer (I have a simple quad core, not nearly the power of a modern i7). The biggest "salvation" for my work-flow was indeed the Zabukowski Nebula Setups. I hear that NebulaMan is also awesome, but as a Reaper user I have most of those functions built into my DAW software. But load-times are vastly improved and organization issues were solved with that simple app. I am not scoffing at your post, though, it is all valid and relevant. But I did feel a need to address some comments, especially regarding me tweaking my Neb. My installation is actually 90% stock, default settings nowadays. Most of the devs make libraries made to work with default settings. If not, directions are easy enough, even if you don't "cook". I do agree that the future success of Nebula/Aqua technology will be very dependent upon the stuff being usable to more people as-is, right after purchase and instal.

sneaky

Post by sneaky » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:23 pm

does neo share ram usage across multiple instances?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:01 am

Yes it does