EQP1 v1

Share your experience, tips & tricks, show off your music.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

EQP1 v1

Post by giancarlo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Today we release Cooltec EQP1 Program Equalizer Suite.

This particular AcquaFX feature a completely new engine (blazing fast and saves a lot of ram resources).

The Cooltec EQP-1 Program Equalizer Plug-In Suite (7 single plug-ins) is created to provide you with a rare piece of American Music History. This is a world-class, world-famous, original “Cooltec” designed as the very first in the “EQP” line, using the original transformers and vacuum tubes. It uses vacuum tubes to provide the proper gain staging and an inductor for the amazing input frequency processing.
URL: http://acustica-audio.com/index.php?pag ... #more-info

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Re: Cooltec EQP1 Released

Post by SWAN » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:02 am

next level!
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

Vernon
User Level III
User Level III

Post by Vernon » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Really nice!

Just a question: could we load the suite in "one click" and use/bypass the single standalone plugin to taste or we have to load manually each single standalone plugin? Could we control each plugin of the suite from a unique GUI?

Thanks,
Vernon

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Vernon wrote:Really nice!

Just a question: could we load the suite in "one click" and use/bypass the single standalone plugin to taste or we have to load manually each single standalone plugin? Could we control each plugin of the suite from a unique GUI?

Thanks,
Vernon
I guess most DAW can do this already in a channel strip saving? But I do understand what you are asking for sounds like a plugin wrapper...would be quite cool only which to include - all 7? That is a lot of latency...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

zwatrif
User Level V
User Level V

Post by zwatrif » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:40 am

This looks cool and I'm very interested. Could someone tell me the difference between this release (Cooltec EQP-1 Program Equalizer Plug-In Suite) and CDSoundMaster's Cooltec EQP-1A3S release? I'm looking to purchase this style of EQ from CDSoundmaster. Is one of them tubes and the other solid state? Any info is appreciated.

dpclarkson

Post by dpclarkson » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:49 am

Cdsoundmaster's Cooltec 1A3S is a solid state version.

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:42 pm

ah I assumed this was repackaged CDSoundmaster release
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Post by ngarjuna » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:00 pm

89 Euros is a lot when you consider Alex's Vintage PoolTec is 20 and Michael's 1A3S is under $50. Other than the pretty pictures what makes this library so costly in comparison?

SWAN
Expert
Expert

Post by SWAN » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:13 pm

€89 is a lot because we've been spoilt by having a Pultec for €20...if we are honest with ourselves...plus this is not quite a Nebula Library in the same way...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper

zwatrif
User Level V
User Level V

Post by zwatrif » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:35 pm

I was wondering about the higher price as well.

ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Post by ngarjuna » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:03 pm

SWAN wrote:€89 is a lot because we've been spoilt by having a Pultec for €20...if we are honest with ourselves...plus this is not quite a Nebula Library in the same way...
Not really, no. If we were to play "One of these things is not the like the others" with pretty much every Nebula library ever sold, this is the odd man out. And if you're comparing to outside development then companies like Toneboosters, Klanghelm and Vlad G have demonstrated that great sounding single-use plugins don't have to run $100+.

As to "this is not quite a Nebula Library in the same way...", that was the question: how is this not quite like any other Nebula library exactly?

Antonello
God Administrator
God Administrator

Post by Antonello » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:01 am

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:26 am

I'd like more clarification on this ...

what I read is ..
The Cooltec EQP-1 Program Equalizer Plug-In Suite is available ... and includes 7 standalone plug-ins
What is different than the Nebula version ?

thanks.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Post by ngarjuna » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:09 am

RJHollins wrote:I'd like more clarification on this ...

what I read is ..
The Cooltec EQP-1 Program Equalizer Plug-In Suite is available ... and includes 7 standalone plug-ins
What is different than the Nebula version ?

thanks.
If I'm reading this all correctly this is a new sampling of an EQP1 by Michael, sold as an Acqua effect by A_A. To my knowledge there is no available Nebula library yet (CDSM sells his solid state Pultec and the MEQ but I don't recall there ever having been a tube Pultec by MA). Or did I just miss the announcement of the library?

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:33 am

my question had more to do with this new release format and design compared to Nebula ...

But what I understand of the libraries ... the 2 previous releases, 'COOLTEC EQP-1A3S' is SolidState, and the 'MEQ-5' is tube.

The AlexB 'PoolTeQ' is a tube unit.

It appears that this latest release is indeed a tube design ... but in the Acqua format.

I'm definitely interested in this sonic wise, but also as to the 'operational' control. The 7 plugins makes me wonder how this is split up. If the plugins are separate Q parameters, I find it much more difficult to the work-flow. I much prefer AlexB's approach in having all parameters available in a single band.

Anyway ... still would like to see more details to the construction.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]