Expert

Acqua Effects F.A.Q.

Post by enriquesilveti » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Acqua Effects F.A.Q.
Applicable to:
Product(s): Acqua Effect plug-ins.
OS(s): Windows, OSX.
Plug-in format(s): VST, AU, AAX.
Plug-in architecture(s): 32 bits, 64 bits.
Last update: 23.08.2017.

1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Q 1.1. What is a Acqua Effect plug-in?
R: Acqua Effect plug-ins are a professional audio processors that use Acqua Engine. Acqua Engine is a technology developed by Acustica Audio, which allows 3rd party developers create alone plug-ins based in Acustica Audio audio engine.

Q 1.2. Which are the differences between Nebula Acqua audio cores?
R: Nebula Acqua audio cores are part of the Acqua Engine is the core of Nebula and Acqua Effects plug-ins developed as a single framework.
First generation of Acqua Effect plug-ins were CORE2. Second generation of Acqua Effect plug-ins were CORE4. Third generation of Acqua Effect plug-ins were CORE5 and fourth generation of Acqua Effect plug-ins are CORE6
Nebula Acqua core is constantly updated whenever possible for all products for free and also trying to keep the maximum downward compatibility.

Q 1.3. What should I do if I need support with Acustica Audio software?
R: We recommend to contact us from Customer Area, Dashboard, Submit a Ticket. We have 3 different support areas: sales, licensing and technical support. All submitted tickets have tracking number and can be assigned between departments to solve complex request.
We not recommend to contact us through email, we receive hundred of emails daily and we can track them properly.
If you don't have account in our website you can contact us through our website in Contact, Info.

Q 1.4. After log-in a get a blank dashboard. What should I do?
R: Email as user name is not supported any more. Please contact us for edit your user name.

Q 1.5. I'm trying to submit a technical support ticket but I get a "Bad behavior" message. What is wrong?
R: Ticket system not allow to add programming code (HTML, XML, etc). Please copy/paste the programming code in a text file, compress in .ZIP an attach it in the technical support ticket.

2. PURCHASE QUESTIONS
Q 2.1. Should I do something before purchase in Acustica Audio web shop?
R: Before purchase a product in our web shop you should have an registered account in Acustica Audio and we recommend to register with same email from your PayPal email account.

Q 2.2. I purchase an Acqua Effect plug-in, what should I do next?
R: First download setup installer and install your Acqua Effect plug-in product. Run your Acqua Effect plug-in once and authorize it. In order to unlock your Acqua Effect plug-in you should install your license.
You will find more detailed information in Board, Acqua, Working with Acqua and in Five steps for put on Acqua Effect topic.

Q 2.3 After purchase Nebula not appears in Dashboard, My Products - Downloads section. What should I do?
R: Submit ticket to sales department from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 2.4 Do you have a product or license transfer policy?
R: Yes, Submit ticket to licensing department from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 2.5. Do you have a refund policy?
R: Yes follow this link: http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=315. If you have further questions submit ticket to sales department from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 2.6. There is any educational discount for students and/or teachers?
R: Yes. Go Store, Specials, Education. If you have further questions submit ticket to sales department from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 2.7. There is demo or trial version of Acqua Effect plug-ins to try before buy?
R: Yes. Go Store, Acqua Plugins, Trial Series.

Q 2.8. It is possible to get an invoice of my purchase.?
R: Yes we are able to send invoices in B2C and B2B mode following the UE MOSS recommendations. If you need a B2C invoices, we recommend you to add your complete information in the checkout step before confirm the order. If you need a B2B (UE/VIES) invoice, please, contact us, before buy to setup your B2B invoice with the correct information. Note that your Acustica Audio Dashboard information should match with the information submitted for the invoice.

Q 2.9. I have just bought an Acqua Effect plug-in from Acustica Audio web-shop but is not available for download on my Dashboard. What is wrong?
R: First check if the purchased product is not in pre-order phase. When a product is in pre-order phase, product is not released yet, when development period finished, product will appear in Download section in your Dashboard. If the purchased product isn't in pre-order phase, please, contact our technical support department for support.

Q 2.10. I received several discount coupons from Acustica Audio, how can I do to combine them?
R: Currently it is not possible; Only one discount coupon can be used in check out. We suggest you use the discount coupon that suits you according products quantity to buy.

Q 2.11. I wish to know how automatic discounts work?
R: Acustica Audio loyal customer discounts are based on how much money has been spent in our web-shop and also on how much discount you received in the past. To see how much you have spent in our store, go to Customer Area, Dashboard, My account.

If you have not received our loyal customer coupon email, reasons can be many:
. Email with your loyal customer coupon is in SPAM folder, please assign a rule in your email account to avoid our emails go SAPM folder.
. Email account didn’t work, please contact our support team and provide a working email address.
. You exceeded the maximum discount limit because you have exceeded the maximum possible discount percentage limit for range of money spent in our web-store. In this case you will not receive any discount or warning email, please contact our sales support team, they can confirm you if you have exceeded the maximum discount limit.

Q 2.12. I can not use my loyal discount coupon "c-qdt8m9rwlpid" in web-shop in check-out. I get "code cannot be found" error. What is wrong?
R: Loyal customer discount coupons accept multiple commercial products purchase only, but can be used only one time using the username for which coupon was issued. If you did a purchase simulation and didn't end buying, for our system coupon was used and will not work any more.

Coupon not working reasons:
- Coupon expired.
- Use are not logged in Acustica Audio website.
- Coupon has already been used in the past.
- Your are using different username for coupon was issued.
- You added in cart products not included in coupon, for example trial products.
- You are writing a wrong syntax in check-out, for example extra spaces or wrong characters.

Q 2.13. I'm adding free products into cart in web-shop but at check-out I get "The selected quantity exceeds..." error. What should I do?
R: Free products are added into your account after user account creation. For download go: Customer Area, Dashboard, My Products - Downloads.

Q 2.14. I have not been able to complete a product purchase due PayPal link has not worked. What should I do?
R: Go to Customer Area, Dashboard, My account, View and click over unfinished purchase and click over PayPal for pay.

3. DOWNLOAD QUESTIONS
Q 3.1. I get errors in download link. What should I do?
R: Downloads are supplied by our cloud partner box.com. You can check system status in status.box.com. Box.com need your web browser have enabled cookies and Adobe Flash. If box.com cookie has expired, go first http://www.box.com and accept cookies.

Q 3.2. I'm Magenta user and I want to download Magenta version 2. Where I can find the setup?
R: Go Customer area, Dashboard, My Products - Downloads, Magenta, Magenta version 1 and version 2 will be available for download.

Q 3.3. I tried to download my product but I get a 403 error message. What is wrong
R: Dashboard and forums are two different websites but you get logged in both at the same time. After several minutes without no browser update you are logged out due a timeout. Logout and login again to download your product from Dashboard.

Q 3.4. I have bought an Acqua Effect plug-in from Acustica Audio in pre-order, when will be available for download the commercial version?
R: New products release steps are:
1. Pre-order start, and first trial version is released.
2. Commercial Windows candidate is released.
3. Commercial OSX candidate is released.
4. Final commercial OSX and Windows are released, including all frequencies vectors. Pre-order end and new trial is released based into the current commercial release.

Q 3.5. I'm trying to log-in in my Dashboard in order to download new installers but I get an error "Bad Token". What is wrong?
R: PHP boards and Joomla adds security tokens to forms. The security tokens keep sites safe from most Cross Site Request Forgery attacks. When a page is accessed, if the token is not current, the error occurs. Unfortunately, often times false negatives occur for legitimate users due a incorrect previous log-out.

4. INSTALLATION QUESTIONS
Q 4.1. How to install an Acqua Effect plug-in?
R: Follow How to install, upgrade and uninstall Acqua Effects guide in Board index, Acqua, Working with Acqua

Q 4.2. How to update or Acqua Effect plug-in?
R: Follow How to install, upgrade and uninstall Acqua Effects guide in Board index, Acqua, Working with Acqua

Q 4.3. How to Acqua Effect plug-in?
R: Follow How to install, upgrade and uninstall Acqua Effects guide in Board index, Acqua, Working with Acqua.

Q 4.4. I tried to install my Acqua Effect plug-in several time but I get an error?
R: Download the installer (setup or update) again and do not resume or sleep computer during download.

Q 4.5. Are Acqua Effect plug-ins compatible with 32 bits OSs like Windows XP or OSX 10.6/10.7?
R: Acqua Effect plug-ins are compatible with Windows and OSX, 32 and 64 bits architectures. Legacy OS like Windows XP or OSX 10.6/10.7 should be installed in legacy mode.

Q 4.6. What is VSTGUI3 and VSTGUI4 UI framework?
R: VSTGUI is an UI framework. Acustica Audio products are available in both framework in order to keep compatibility with legacy OSs like Windows XP or OSX 10.6/10.7. As factory default VSTGUI4 is installed but installer has an option to install VSTGUI3 instead of VSTGUI4 UI Framework.

5. AUTHORIZATION QUESTIONS
Q 5.1. After run my Acqua Effect plug-in for first time, I can not find my computer identification (.SER file). How can I fix it?
R: You are installing your Acqua Effect plug-in in a protected folder where your standard user account isn't able to write computer identification (.SER file). As a workaround you can run your audio host with administrator privileges or log-in in your operation system as administrator and run your audio host from this account.
If you need more assistance contact technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 5.2 I'm trying to upload my computer identification *.SER file into Dashboard but show "You have reached the maximum number (2 of 2) of license requests for the product class". How can I fix it?
R: Two authorizations are allowed per each Acqua Effect plug-in. If you change your computer hardware, your computer ID will change and you will need and extra slot for authorize the new computer. Please request extra license slot(s) to licensing department though customer area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 5.3 I'm installing version 2 of my Acqua Effect product. I need to authorize this product again?
R: Will depends. Run lasted new version, if generates a new computer identification (*.SER) file you should request a new authorization.

Q 5.4 I was testing Ultramarine trial and now I installed commercial version but is not working any more. I need to authorize it again?
R: Yes. Trial and commercial releases are completely different products. Uninstall or move to a backup folder your trial files/folder for all formats and architectures installed and run Ultramarine commercial version setup. A new computer ID code will be generated on first run and you should upload it in your Dashboard in order to get a valid license to unlock your product.
Note: old sessions created with trial product(s) will not work with commercial product(s). Use trial(s) for evaluate the product features but only in a test or backup (copied/duplicated) session.

Q 5.5 I need to authorize free and trial products also?
R: Free products are free of our protection system and you don't need to authorize it. Trial products must be authorize it and license must be present in the computer system for unlock the product for the 10 days trial period.

6. LICENSE QUESTIONS
Q 6.1. Automatic email with installation instructions and license has never reached. How can I fix it?
R: Check first spam folder if you still don't find it contact technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 6.2. Should I request a new license when upgrading my computer or OS?
R: In Apple OSX devices computer ID will be your Apple hardware serial number. In PC Windows devices computer ID will be generated depending on your hardware. Please read How to register and authorize Acqua Effects topic in Board index, Acqua, Working with Acqua.
If you need more assistance contact technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 6.3. I have used both licenses available for my product and I have a new computer. How I can transfer one license from my old computer to new one?
R: Contact Licensing department thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 6.4. Will I be able to use one license of my Acqua Effect plug-in in my laptop and the other one in a desktop computer?
R: Yes. Each Acqua Effect plug-in can be used in two computers at same time. You need to create each computer identification, upload in Dashboard for authorize them or run Aquarius Lite in both computers. Remember, to unlock your Acqua Effect plug-in you must to install a valid license in each computer.
For more information, read How to register and authorize Acqua Effects topic in our on-line forums at Board index, Acqua, Working with Acqua.

Q 6.5. Can you tell me the correct path for install my license?
R:
Computer ID code file in OSX:
License file in OSX:
Name: depends on the product or bundle.
Extension: .SER.
Paths: VST plug-in folder 32 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Acustica/, VST plug-in folder 64 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Acustica64/, AU plug-in folder 32 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/ and AU plug-in folder 64 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/.

License file in OSX:
Extension: .AUT.
Paths: VST plug-in folder 32 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Acustica/, VST plug-in folder 64 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Acustica64/, AU plug-in folder 32 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/, AU plug-in folder 64 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/, AAX plug-in folder 32 bits: OSX HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/ and AAX plug-in folder 64 bits: OSX HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/.

Computer ID code in Windows:
License file in windows:
Extension: .SER.
Paths: VST plug-in folder 32 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Acustica/, VST plug-in folder 64 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/Acustica64/, AU plug-in folder 32 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/, AU plug-in folder 64 bits: OSX HD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/Components/, AAX plug-in folder 32 bits: OSX HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/ and AAX plug-in folder 64 bits: OSX HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/.

License file in Windows:
Extension: .AUT.
Paths: VST plug-in folder 32 bits: C:\VSTPlugins\Acustica\, VST plug-in folder 64 bits: C:\VSTPlugins\Acustica64\, AAX plug-in folder 32 bits: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\ and AAX plug-in folder 64 bits: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\.

Q 6.6. How can extend the trial period?
R: Each trial product can be authorized two times only and each trial license will expire after 30 days from the day that authorization has been issued. If you use the trial in only one computer, you can request a second authorization after first authorization expired for extend trial period to the double of time.

Q 6.7. I installed Navy trial and the trial license but Navy trial warning pop-up UI still ask me for a license.
R: Trial period is counted from the authorization request, you can check it in your Dashboard, My Licenses sections. If date is correct we suggest you to uninstall/delete everything, download and install trial and license again. Note that our download partner service not support resume and sleep computer during downloads will result in corrupted files.
In order to trial products work correctly your computer date must be correct, and you should avoid any application that change your computer date.

7. USAGE QUESTION
Q 7.1. Can you tell me which OSs are supported?
R: Acqua Effect plug-ins are compatible with major 64 bits operating systems including OSX 10.8 to 10.12 and Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Legacy operating systems like OSX 10.6/7 and Windows XP are supported in 32 bits mode using VSTGUI3 UI framework.

Q 7.2. Can you tell me the minimum and recommended computer specs?
R:
Minimum computer requirements
CPU: Intel Sandy Bridge i5.
RAM: 4 GB.
SSD: 1 TB.
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 (XGA).
Plug-in format support: VST2/AAX (Windows) and VST2/AU/AAX (OSX).

Recommended computer requirements
CPU: Intel i7 Skylake.
RAM: 32 GB to 128 GB.
SSD: 10 TB to 100 TB.
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 (HDTV) to 4096x3112 (4K).
Plug-in format support: VST2/AAX (Windows) and VST2/AU/AAX (OSX).

Q 7.3. Where I can find a list of supported audio/video host?
R: Acqua Effect plug-ins are VST2 and AU formats in 32 and 64 architectures. Any audio and video host with those format and architectures should be supported.

Supported sequencer audio host: Ableton Live, Adobe Audition*, Audio Enginering Triumph, Apple Logic*, Avid Pro Tools*, Bitwig Bitwig Studio, Cakewalk Sonar*, Crockos Incorporated Reaper, DSP Quattro DSP Quattro, Image Line FL Studio, H******* Consoles Mix Bus, Presonus Studio One*, Tracktion Software Corporation Tracktion, Merging Technologies Pyramix, MOTU Digital Performer, Renoise Renoise, Ross Bencina Audio Mulch, RML Labs SAW*, Sonic Studio Sound Blade*, Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Magix Sequoia and Samplitude, Vienna Symphonic Library Viena Ensable Pro.
Supported audio editors host: Izotope RX, Sony Sound Forge*, Steinberg WaveLab*.
Supported video editors host: Avid Media Composer*, Apple Final Cut Pro, Magix Video Pro X and Sony Vegas*.

Note that host marked with (*) are partially supported. If you need a detail of features not supported on a specific host, please contact our technical support thought a support ticket from Customer Area, Dashboard, Get Support.

Q 7.4. Does Acqua Engine or AcquaVox sound better than Nebula?
AcquaVox and Nebula use similar audio engine. All Acqua Engine based plug-ins have the same audio quality as Nebula.

Q 7.5. Can explain me how to use an Acqua Effect plug-in in Pro Tools computer?
R: Install AAX 32 bits for Pro Tools 10 and AAX 64 bits for Pro Tools 11 or superior.

Q 7.6. After install my Acqua Effect plug-in, I try to run one instance and crash my sequencer immediately. I'm doing something wrong?
R: Check that your license is installed. Try first with a new session.

Q 7.7. Does (internal and external) side chain feature will work in my audio host with my Acqua Effect plug-in?
R: Acqua Effect plug-ins are developed under VST 2.40 standard that enable two input for side chain but depending the particular implementation of side chain in each audio host can be limitations.

Q 7.8. Can I load Acqua Effect plug-ins emulation presets in Nebula?
R: Yes. You can do it in Nebula3 Pro and Nebula3 Server. Read The Nebula tip of the month (#51 - September 2014) for details.

Q 7.9. There are free Acqua Effect plug-ins available?
R: Yes. AcquaVox, Red, Stradipad FREE, Ochre, and Tan are free Acqua Effect plug-ins products.

Q 7.10. What is the difference between version and release?
R: Version is the Acqua Engine version used for build the Acqua Effect plug-in. Release describe the version of the vectors and N2S files.

Q 7.11. How I can update to lasted Acqua Engine version?
R: You can use Nebula Setups 2.50 or newer or do it manually, please follow The Acqua Effects tip of the month (#4 - December 2014) guide in Board index, Acqua, Working with Acqua.

Q 7.12. Which audio core use Ivory IAE-2 and IvoryME IAE-2?
R: Before release IvoryME IAE-2 was announced as CORE5 and Ivory IAE-2 as CORE6, but finally both were released under CORE6.

Q 7.13. I'm trying to use your product at zero latency mode but my audio host report some samples of delay compensations. There is something wrong?
R: Acqua Engine is working a zero latency but your host report a delay compensation that is the sum of real gear latency plus some samples added for 1.5 ms offset for backward compatibility.

Q 7.14. I should like to know main differences between each Acqua core.
R:
CORE4: First approach of skinned Nebula emulation preset released.
CORE5: Multi emulation preset feature added. Acqua Effect plug-ins can load several emulation preset in the same plug-in instance.
CORE6: Trimed kernels feature added. Each emulation preset don't add extra latency in Acqua Effect plug-ins.
CORE7: Multi-threading technology based on a fractal approach to partitioned convolution feature added. Acqua Effect plug-ins can run at zero latency and in a complete separated thread.
CORE8: Second version of Acustica Audio's multi-threading technology adding FIR to IIR signal processing.
CORE9: Ultra-sync technology, Dynamic sample rate conversion and preset feature added.

Q 7.15. What is the diferece between IN and TRIM in Navy?
R: IN and TRIM works in a different way. Trim is an inverted linked input output parameter with automatic level compensation. As you can see by default is setup at -18 for trying to replicate the levels you might use in real hardware, important topic for get correct nonlinear distortion levels however if you works with ITU 1770 level norm you can setup TRIM to 0.

Q 7.16. Does Acqua Effect plug-ins works with Avid surfaces like Artist mix or S6?
R: Acqua Effect plug-ins are compatible with Avid surfaces.
Avid S6 owners should update to version 1.41 if are using Pro Tools 12.0.
Avid Artist, S3, S5-Hybrid and MCPro owners should update to version 3.2 or higher if are using Pro Tools 12.3.

Q 7.17. Scarlet2 and other Acqua Effects plug-ins automation works in a weird way under AU format, should I do something to make it work?
R: Several hosts implement automation in different way and dynamic parameter positioning is not supported resulting in abnormal behavior. Disabling this feature will enable again automation but several hidden internal parameters will be shown in the list of parameters available to automate. For further information contact our technical support.

Q 7.18. My Acqua Effect plug-in has two skins how can enable and disable it?
R: There is always a default skin crypted into N2S files but you can disable it by deleting AlternativeSkinName tag in Acqua Effect plug-in master XML file.

Q 7.19. I can see two instances of my Acqua Effect plug-in one is named as ZL. What ZL means?
R: Acqua Effect plug-ins based on CORE7 use multi-threding technology by Acustica Audio. It's a fractal approach to partitioned convolution that allow to optimize Acqua Effects plug-ins performance for maximum use of system resources including zero latency mode (ZL). Instance marked with as ZL will have a minimum latency due the emulation presets loaded into the Acqua Effect plug-in engine.

Q 7.20. I trying to use external side chain in AU format but seems not work correctly. Should I do something additional?
R: Our AU wrapper version not support external side-chain, we scheduled AU wrapper update to 2017 in order to support external side-chain in AU format.

Q 7.21. Several Acqua Effect plug-ins behaves strangely and audio host CPU load meter go to 100% constantly even with a few plug-in instances?
R: In order to obtain an efficient analog simulation application we employ multi-thread where processes task are broken down in several, often many, very similar sub-tasks that can be processed independently and whose results are combined afterwards, upon completion. Communication and synchronization between different sub-tasks are typically some of the greatest obstacles to getting good parallel program performance. For this reason we invite our users to measure and research which audio host fits processing needs best.