Acusticaaudiouser33
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by Acusticaaudiouser33 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 pm

Acusticaaudiouser33 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:04 am
Hi,
please let me ask this before I start reinstalling everything with Aquarius again:
I notice that latest Aquarius lists most of my already installed plugins as 'manual updates only ( please re-install)' or 'manual updates only'.
But most of those listed plugins are already up to date as they were updated by me the old, manual way 1-2 months ago.

Just to be sure: Aquarius can't see if my plugins are already updated/ latest build (as I said all had been updated manually the old way) by looking at my personal, added installation path? Can Aquarius only check the up to date status of Aquas hat were updated or reinstalled through Aquarius itself? And then: I will have to keep those files in the stagearea as to have Aquarius keep track of what was updated when?
I fear you will confirm this and I will ask: Can we have a more comfortable solution where Aquarius can read what needs to be updated by looking at my vst plugin folder and at what version is already installed on the computer?

2) Is there a way for me to see what build I have installed by looking at the installed files in my vst/Aucsticax64 folder? (I can't seem to find a way what it is but keeping the installation zip files in a seperate folder on an external hd to keep track)

3) As storage space is tight on my OS ssd : can I move the stagearea folder on an external (usb connection) drive such a western digital passport without any problems?

Many thanks for a quick reply!!!
regards
Wow, only reading through pages 10-22 and the questions raised there - back and forth -gave me most answers.... i hope and think !!! Not reading the manual did it. Sorry, those posts and questions and constructive criticisms are imho spot on.
I think it is only now going through those 12 pages that I start to understand how to interpret things in Aquarius.
I'm giving you this feedback to tell you that those 'question' are valid when working with Aquarius for the first time. Maybe you should 'include those conversations' in the manual as to help the user understand to work.

nverxion

Post by nverxion » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:56 am

I can't download 1.1.004 because each of my browsers kills it due to a virus notification. Is anyone else getting that?
Azure / Amethyst / AQ3 / Cobalt / Coral / Crimson / Diamond / Emerald / Green / Ivory / Magenta / Navy / Neo / Ochre / Orange / Pearl / Pink / Red / Sand / Scarlet / Tan / Nebula 3 Server

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Help us help you and open a support ticket with more details.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

kylen

Post by kylen » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 pm

I tried to install Pink2 last night using Aquarius. After the files downloaded to the staging area I received an out of disk space message during the Install. Now when Reaper tries to scan my Acqua plugins (Coral for example) I get a reaper.exe system error message "The program can't start because ipps-8.0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

Obviously I can't use Pink2 yet as it won't scan any other Acqua or Nebula plugs ...Win7-32
Anyone seen this - what is happening and how can it be corrected?

Edit: I should mention disk space has since been freed up but the ipps problem downstream still remains.

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:45 pm

After installing Pink2 on one of my PCs, Aquarius crashes while 'getting data from server.' I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Aquarius to no avail. It's probably user error on my side. My other PC that I installed Pink2 onto yesterday has had no issues.

I'm about to open a ticket, just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar issue/has an easy fix?
Also, is there any rough estimate as to when we can "deactivate" licenses through Aquarius? I have a some older plugin licenses tat are all used up because 2 of my computers I that built 10+ years ago are FINALLY being replaced with new CPU builds (soooo many hard drive replacements through the years though).

It's funny looking back on how long Acustica has had a grab on my ears and wallet :lol: I've been a complete Acustica-head since 2007, building my first Nebula-focused computer in 2010. Money/time well spent!!! :mrgreen:
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

kenbobplus3db
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by kenbobplus3db » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:02 pm

dumchidumchi wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:32 am
Blue and Orange not available on the Aquarius 1.0.037 on Mac. Fix on next beta release?

I bought Blue VST64 a year ago, I got frustrated by a wonky control interface, and uninstalled it. I would like to give it another try. Can you please add an installer to the Aquarius system?