Aquarius - new download tool

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by davidgary73 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:02 pm

djrustycans wrote:I can’t seem to authorise the Amethyst III trial through Aquarius - in Logic it says it’s not authorised. On a different note, N4 was constantly crashing Logic after I installed the latest Acqua engine (1.4.200) so I rolled back to the previous version and now Violet fails the AU validation!
I guess they have not fix the Au wrapper yet. I got it to work with this @ https://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/v ... 11&t=30266
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 pm

djrustycans wrote:I can’t seem to authorise the Amethyst III trial through Aquarius - in Logic it says it’s not authorised. On a different note, N4 was constantly crashing Logic after I installed the latest Acqua engine (1.4.200) so I rolled back to the previous version and now Violet fails the AU validation!
Known behavior in everything reported. Open a support ticket for more details.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

djrustycans
User Level II
User Level II

Post by djrustycans » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Thanks davidgary and support!

Acusticaaudiouser33
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Acusticaaudiouser33 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:43 am

I have had not much luck with Aquarius I'm afraid:
I've got the 'bought the trials ' of Purple and downloaded them on my internet pc. I took these files over to my daw and installed them there... ran my daw as administrator and got that 'authorize' message.
Then I opened Aquarius and pointed it to my location and then it got authorized (green sign)
But when I start the daw and load the purple plugins I get this 'authorize' message again.

btw: I also tried putting in the Black Friday code to reset my trials two days ago ... and it was not accepted: was the code not to stay valid for a couple more days?

So, at the moment I can say that 'manual authorization' - which I seemingly can't do with purple anymore (due to Aquarius) was more straight forward and I didn't depend on many other parameters.

thanks for your help and regards

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:47 pm

There is a topic here about expired trials
You could not make them work at all

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:33 pm

I've got the 'bought the trials ' of Purple and downloaded them on my internet pc. I took these files over to my daw and installed them there... ran my daw as administrator and got that 'authorize' message.
It is not clear, are you using Aquarius?
Then I opened Aquarius and pointed it to my location and then it got authorized (green sign)
But when I start the daw and load the purple plugins I get this 'authorize' message again.
Wrong topic, trial expired, is not an Aquarius issue, read, Expired trials (Aquarius and legacy installers), here: http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... 56&t=30296
btw: I also tried putting in the Black Friday code to reset my trials two days ago ... and it was not accepted: was the code not to stay valid for a couple more days?
Black Friday 2017 campaign end, and Black Friday Aquarius coupon is offline.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

grabie
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by grabie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:27 pm

The last update (1.0.037) crashed here.
It could not find itself (aquarius_old.exe).
Now Aquarius allways crashes during start.
:roll:
windows 10 x64 - i7 6700K - 32 gb ram - GeForce GTX 960 - Asus Z170-A - RME HDSPe AIO

Acusticaaudiouser33
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Acusticaaudiouser33 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 pm

Support wrote:
It is not clear, are you using Aquarius?

Yes, I did if I remember correctly...but not 100% sure
Wrong topic, trial expired, is not an Aquarius issue, read, Expired trials (Aquarius and legacy installers), here: http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... 56&t=30296
ok, i understand
Black Friday 2017 campaign end, and Black Friday Aquarius coupon is offline.offline meaning not available anymore? If yes, ok!
Thanks I will try Purple again with the new Demo and Aquarius... thanks to the support team!

regards

Acusticaaudiouser33
User Level VII
User Level VII

only download files with Aquarius possible?

Post by Acusticaaudiouser33 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:21 pm

As I want to use my internet connection at home:

Is there no 'only download' function of updates of purchased Acquas or trials in Aquarius?

The download of plugins with Aquarius seems to mean a full install with one authorisation used on the internet laptop, right?
This is not wanted ... I just need the files for my non-internet connection studio!

How do I do this?
thanks and regards

Jdm5149
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Jdm5149 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:06 am

i just did an update for the first time using the tool. i just use 64bit aax.
how come it added over 1g more to my hard drive. updating colbalt now and its over 2g. is this correct???

Jdm5149
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Jdm5149 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:23 am

i have been reading all these posts from the beginning and i see people discussing a staging area. is this where all these gigs are going? also i read one where zab said a future aquarius wouls automatically delete this . is that possible yet??

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Re: only download files with Aquarius possible?

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 am

Acusticaaudiouser33 wrote:As I want to use my internet connection at home:

Is there no 'only download' function of updates of purchased Acquas or trials in Aquarius?

The download of plugins with Aquarius seems to mean a full install with one authorisation used on the internet laptop, right?
This is not wanted ... I just need the files for my non-internet connection studio!

How do I do this?
thanks and regards
I think there is an user manual explaining the datastage area. If the explanation is not good they will fix it
Datastage files are the real installer

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 am

Jdm5149 wrote:i have been reading all these posts from the beginning and i see people discussing a staging area. is this where all these gigs are going? also i read one where zab said a future aquarius wouls automatically delete this . is that possible yet??
This is the way Windows updates and app store installers are working
Normally you cannot delete files
Zab was speaking about an extra temporary folder used for extracting data from compressed files. It's already doing it now

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 am

Just to be clear, you can decide to purge datastaging area, but manually
I think we'll never change this behaviour, at least not now. There are many things planned, but not this one

Jdm5149
User Level V
User Level V

Post by Jdm5149 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:39 am

Can u explain how to manually delete that folder. Where to look. If I update all my plugins that would be a lot of gigs I would be putting on my hard drive. Should I just uninstall everything then start over ? If I keep the folder does that mean future updates will not take up more hard drive space?