Aquarius - new download tool

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
JulenJVM
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by JulenJVM » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello,

I´m on v 1.0.033, and all I see under Updates is "Manual Updates (Please Re-Install)" and further down, again "Manual Updates Only", for all the plugins.

Is this how it is supposed to work? Do I need to click on re-install for all the plugins?

Also, can I customize the Stage Area to another drive?

Thanks!
Attachments
Aquarius 1.PNG

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Just install them from the purchased page if suggested
That's all. Follow what it says
Before you should select proper folders
Follow the documentation

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:11 am

giancarlo wrote:Yes but you need the correct one

yes, I saw both are LM26...how can I get the correct one?

make the magic happen please!! :D

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:51 pm

giancarlo wrote:Just install them from the purchased page if suggested
Follow the documentation
It's weird that I cannot find my N4 to install/update in my "purchased" tab.
Just in the "updates" folder.
Or is this normal for now?

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:52 am

Follow the documentation
<G> Every ACQUA is on the purchase page.

Lets look at the UPDATE page.

My example: COBALT-eq

In Aquarius, the UPDATE section shows that Cobalt was recently updated.

However ... the same Cobalt is listed in the 'Manual Updates Only [Please Re-Install] section.

Additionally, as expected, Cobalt is listed on the 'Purchased' page.

It appears that the Update section is not parsing correctly.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:19 am

No it's parsed correctly
Individual plugins of cobalt for the exception of main cobalt plugin are also "Manual updates only" because you could possibly modify and authorize them individually. This is also for keeping backward compatibility of aquarius in the case you don't want to install things from it and you want to force authorization on individual components.
On the other side, you don't have any more cobalt in the section "Manual updates - please reinstall". This is the section which prompts you do install the product from purchased section.
After you installed all products again simply forget technical things and wait for an "update" prompt of a product, it's easy

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:27 am

DavideBurattin wrote:
Follow the documentation
It's weird that I cannot find my N4 to install/update in my "purchased" tab.
Just in the "updates" folder.
Or is this normal for now?
Nebula has a very complex installation and it is not actually covered by aquarius. We support its authorization. Before it, we'll support nebula3 libraries, then nebula 4 libraries, then possibly a new version of n4- with a different management of datapath and installation path, which will make the life easier

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:15 am

giancarlo wrote:No it's parsed correctly
Individual plugins of cobalt for the exception of main cobalt plugin are also "Manual updates only" because you could possibly modify and authorize them individually. This is also for keeping backward compatibility of aquarius in the case you don't want to install things from it and you want to force authorization on individual components.
On the other side, you don't have any more cobalt in the section "Manual updates - please reinstall". This is the section which prompts you do install the product from purchased section.
After you installed all products again simply forget technical things and wait for an "update" prompt of a product, it's easy
Let's skip the last 'easy' part, for the moment ...
It's FIRST getting everything registered from Aquarius.

How is the User to know what has, and hasn't been Aquarius installed, WITHOUT jumping back and forth, scrolling the lists, for each product.

Sure ... I can see ignoring everything afterward.

But as it stands right now, it is a convoluted mess of dual list and sections. Really.

There should be some type of INDICATOR on the purchased page that identifies a status of what has already been Aquarius aware.

:|
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:23 am

the model is exactly the one featured by Apple. You don't see the state simply because you could have more formats at the same time, and something managed manually, so it is perfectly normal the purchased page doesn't provide any indication
In my pc I have 5 different installations of amber, covering 3 different formats and a manual update just in the virtual machine. Outside the Mac is managing other 3 installations, one of them is manual.
Before you think it could be improved, think twice to all strange situations we are covering . Our users have strange configurations, it's not black and white and all of them need something intuitive and straightforward.
When we place constraints is because other people have special requirements
Purchased page simply lists the products you bought, period.

Hope it helps

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:42 am

Doesn't help.

I can appreciate the various config challenge. So I guess this is as good as you're able to do.

If you really want to help, then. Answer this:

At the current state of Aquarius, AND, the current versions of all the plugs ....

WHAT plugins [VST-2, 64-bit, Win] do we NOT download from the purchase page ?

OR [even simpler], do ALL of them. This is to include the MAIN strips, and all the individual components.

NOTE: the BETTER we 'testers' understand, the better informed we can handle others' questions in various sites.

thx

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 am

Ok let's not pollute the thread, people are still using it for basic questions and info. The application will not change, it will be just enriched with other pages
From our logs, all users are using it correctly and we explained pretty nothing
Let's keep the discussion straightforward and simple here, if you have questions start a new topic

Basic usage: if aquarius suggests to reinstall a product or to update this is the correct action to do. Everything in aquarius is represented in plain English language. Since it is a beta, go slowly

Good news, mac osx is now officially a beta, not alpha any more

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:19 pm

I agree with RJHollins.

Aquarius is a very useful tool, but it is a mess. A lot of lists that I simply ignore, and some information missing.

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:18 pm

You can see everything from "Updates" page ... no need for checking any other page.

From top to bottom there are 4 possible sections:

Section A - available updates for products, which were installed using Aquarius. You can update them, or even downgrade. When updated to the latest version, they will be moved to section B, otherwise they will stay in section A.

Section B - up-to-date products (sorted by days, months etc), which were installed using Aquarius. You can downgrade them and they will be moved to section A.

Section C - installed products, supported by Aquarius but installed manually (without Aquarius). Re-install is needed using "Purchased" page. After this, product will be automatically moved into section B.

Section D - installed products, which are not supported by Aquarius at the moment

Plugin format of each item on "Updates" page is not directly visible, but it can be easily resolved (IMO) by looking at the plugin path under item name. At least this is my experience, because i always know which paths on my system are used for AAX, VST, AU etc.

"Purchased" page will always show all your purchased products, which are supported and can be installed using Aquarius. Note that when installing from "Purchased", the latest version/update will be installed and put into Section B on "Updates" page.

Not sure, why this is a mess? Maybe it is working in a different way than you expected, but (as already mentioned) Apple does it in similar way in iTunes, AppStore etc. I think one must get used to it, because it is dead simple. Of course, things will be improved and polished with time, but basic workflow will stay like this.

Just my 0.5c

be a gorilla

Post by be a gorilla » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:32 pm

is it public beta for mac? it dont show in dashboard, just lite

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:39 pm

I guess this Sections are not clearly labeled. Right now I have:

- Updates installed in October 2017 (I guess this is your section B) - here I have all the Acquas I have installed with Aquarius, so far, so good.

- Manual updates only (Please Re-Install) (this might be the section C) - don't know what this means, and here I only have Violet (I guess this is the N4 library since the AAX plugin is on section B)

- Manual Updates Only (section D, I guess) - here I have the modules of the plugins that are already on section B. What this means? Only the equalizer of Cobalt is up to date? Not the comp, since it is on section D? Same goes with every single product.

I know this is still in beta, but I'm just trying to give a feedback of my user experience. Maybe things are this way because it's not ready, but now is a bit confusing.

Right now I just look in section A and B if something needs to be updated, and the other sections I simply ignore, and is just there polluting the App.