Aquarius - new download tool

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
User avatar
Phelix
Member
Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by Phelix » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:29 pm

giancarlo wrote:no aquarius doesn't delete automatically the stage area because many users want to keep all installers online. It makes updates very fast. You can purge stage area by yourself, it is like deleting an installer after you used it.
No problem, I just wondered if it’s optional.

About errors, unfortunately we cannot cover the whole userbase easily, we are interested in covering 90% of it in our fist year.
Ok I see

If you want your problems solved I suggest to send log files to franci via our support as soon as possible (he explained the procedure few posts above).
Off cause, if of any help to you guys. Where to find the log-file on Mac, Franci?

We are solving most of problems at the speed of light following your tickets and they are leading to a sort of priority list in our bug-hunting job. I can say there are NO problems for most of users, especially considering that a lot of users are downloading items and really very few issues are raised at the same time.
I’m happy to hear that!
.
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

User avatar
botus99
Expert
Expert
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by botus99 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 pm

I've updated Diamond and have installed Lemon through Aquarius. Very nice and effortless!

I tried upgrading Aquamarine yesterday... now the sidechain switch doesn't work. I've tried manually upgrading Aquamarine over the years with the same result. Am I alone on this?

Also, before I go crazy updating everything, will reinstalling through Aquarius take up a license slot?
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 64gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by gus_vccs » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:12 pm

Aquarius worked flawless here on Mac Sierra 10.12 and Pro Tools AAX 64bits. Installed Gold, Diamond, Cobalt, Lemon and Violet without any problem. The only thing is that I can't find Nebula 4 on the purchased tab. Also, on the purchased tab, I have Lemon and Lemon Trial, but no other trial. Is there a way to remove the Lemon Trial from there? I would suggest another tab only for Trials and managing them.

Another minor suggestions:

- On the purchased tab, would be better if the products were named with (Bundle) after their names. Today it is Cobalt (Equalizer) Ivory (Equalizer), but as far as I can see, when you click that you are installing the whole bundle, with Eq, Comp and DynEq.

- You could add a default format option to download. I'll ever just need the AAX x64, but I almost started downloading the VST x64 without noticing, as it is the current default format to download. Would be better if we could change this.

Anyway, congrats again. Aquarius has the potential to be a killer app.

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by giancarlo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:40 pm

No there will be a search
In purchased page they are sorted in alphabetical order

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3643
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by Support » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:06 pm

Tried this, and unfortunately I didn't have any succes on a fresh system (macOS10.13).
Is it only supposed to work in conjunction with an existing N4/Acqua installation?

Version:
Aquarius 1.0.035 Mac OSX UB portable

For the test I tried installing both Aquamarine and Diamond.
Deleted everything and tried a second time, with same result.

Downloaded content in Stagearea seems expanded and complete, but Aquarius doesn't place any plug-in to be recognized by host. All factory paths seems valid.

I did a search for any "system error message" string on the entire drive, but nothing found.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Thank you for try Aquarius public beta, please open a support ticket, we need Aquarius log for further research.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3643
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by Support » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:29 pm

botus99 wrote:I've updated Diamond and have installed Lemon through Aquarius. Very nice and effortless!

I tried upgrading Aquamarine yesterday... now the sidechain switch doesn't work. I've tried manually upgrading Aquamarine over the years with the same result. Am I alone on this?

Also, before I go crazy updating everything, will reinstalling through Aquarius take up a license slot?
This is an Aquarius topic, for report issues in products, please open a support ticket.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3643
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by Support » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:31 pm

gus_vccs wrote:Aquarius worked flawless here on Mac Sierra 10.12 and Pro Tools AAX 64bits. Installed Gold, Diamond, Cobalt, Lemon and Violet without any problem. The only thing is that I can't find Nebula 4 on the purchased tab. Also, on the purchased tab, I have Lemon and Lemon Trial, but no other trial. Is there a way to remove the Lemon Trial from there? I would suggest another tab only for Trials and managing them.

Another minor suggestions:

- On the purchased tab, would be better if the products were named with (Bundle) after their names. Today it is Cobalt (Equalizer) Ivory (Equalizer), but as far as I can see, when you click that you are installing the whole bundle, with Eq, Comp and DynEq.

- You could add a default format option to download. I'll ever just need the AAX x64, but I almost started downloading the VST x64 without noticing, as it is the current default format to download. Would be better if we could change this.

Anyway, congrats again. Aquarius has the potential to be a killer app.
Aquarius is in beta test, and not all products are in Aquarius (public beta) yet.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
Phelix
Member
Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by Phelix » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Support wrote:
Tried this, and unfortunately I didn't have any succes on a fresh system (macOS10.13).
Is it only supposed to work in conjunction with an existing N4/Acqua installation?

Version:
Aquarius 1.0.035 Mac OSX UB portable

For the test I tried installing both Aquamarine and Diamond.
Deleted everything and tried a second time, with same result.

Downloaded content in Stagearea seems expanded and complete, but Aquarius doesn't place any plug-in to be recognized by host. All factory paths seems valid.

I did a search for any "system error message" string on the entire drive, but nothing found.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Thank you for try Aquarius public beta, please open a support ticket, we need Aquarius log for further research.
All good now, did you change the installer script since yesterday?
N4 Generic still not showing up in Purchased section, but not really urgent to me.

Btw, I like the ‘confidential’ stamp on the Violet red GUI, that looks cool;)
Looking forward to the next release!
.
Ableton⎜Studio One⎜Reaper⎜VST2⎜macOS10.13⎜[email protected]/32GB⎜RME ADI-2 Pro⎜ATC

User avatar
eaccin
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:52 am

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by eaccin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 pm

I installed Aquarius yesterday and it went fine until I opened a session that had an instance of Lime trial (already frozen) and a couple of tracks with Lemon trial. Insert names were swapped (lemonT became LIMET!!!) :?

I've deleted and installed everything back and it remains the same, lost 2 hours trying to figure it out, need to send this mix to master...well, I blame myself for installing this Aquarius beta version...just need some help asap

MAC OS 10.12.6
PT 12.7

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by giancarlo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:58 pm

There was a clash of magic numbers between lemon and lime commercial, we'll check it again for trials. I think trials were not fixed...
Problem is not aquarius, you are just installing latest releases of all plugins so we suggest caution. Starting from aquarius, you can go back and forward so it becomes safer

User avatar
eaccin
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:52 am

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by eaccin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:03 am

All right!

I just don't know how to fix it now...I've tried all possible ways. How do I go back with Aquarius? I've deleted everything and tried to install manually and with Aquarius so far the same...Or I could wait for the magic number fix. Is it something that could take a while?

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:11 am

You can go back to a version you installed in aquarius
You cannot go back to something pre-existing.
We'll check for it

User avatar
eaccin
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:52 am

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by eaccin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Can I edit the XML and change the magic number on one of them? Sorry for being impatient but I need to fix this soon. I could open a ticket but if it's something easy I can try it here...

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11214
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by giancarlo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:53 pm

Yes but you need the correct one

mindseyedub
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by mindseyedub » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:59 pm

I did install Magenta, Diamond, Ivory and Amethyst (got plenty more). I set the path c:/program files / vst. These plugins were installed in that folder. Before Aquarius, I always did the same when installing and a folder named acustica64 folder was created. With Aquarius it did not. Now I have the previous pluings installed with the Aquarius ones. I guess a total uninstall is needed to start from scratch!

Post Reply