Aquarius - new download tool

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
Dimzo

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by Dimzo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:15 pm

RJHollins wrote:Question ZAB.

Is there a way to prevent having the 48/88 files installing ? maybe as an option only ?
+1

Kamui76
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by Kamui76 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:36 am

Mac user here, so I haven't tried it yet.
Is it possible to deauthorize computers?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:21 am

Kamui76 wrote:Mac user here, so I haven't tried it yet.
Is it possible to deauthorize computers?
not this year.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 am

zabukowski wrote:@garbage914
"Purchased" page contains your purchased products. You can always (re)install them from there (the latest version).

"Updates" page is very "alive" and contains few sections.

A. available updates for your purchased products
B. installed updates of purchased products, which are up to date
C. purchased products which were not yet installed using Aquarius (must be installed using "Purchased" page)
D. purchased products which are not supported by Aquarius (manual install only)
Cool, now is all more clear to me, but I think it would be useful some colour-code (?) or text, or tab, that tell me which updates are already done in the "Updates" page, because in the "Purchased" page there are still available to install again.
Now I have to write down on paper, from the "Updates" page, the install dates and manually check in the "Purchased" page if they still match.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:09 am

the layout is exactly the one you have in iTunes/AppStore
We are sticky to their analysis, because they studied it quite a lot and I think they have spent an huge amount of time for an effective layout. After several months we'll analyze the situation again and we'll try to understand if our requisites could lead to several modifications, but basically I would avoid it. I would add other features (ie other pages) but I would like to keep their workflow as much as possible. They have this separation text, and I find it quite elegant and effective.

1)
This slowdown during product installation is a godsend.
Go carefully, upload products slowly and test them a little bit before going on, and decide to migrate to aquarius slowly. Keep in mind they could be updated or modified, don't hurry.
2)
Keep in mind several products will be still "manual" even after a full installation, and it is perfectly normal they are a bit hidden. For example, when you install coral, only the coral plugin is in your aquarius list. Coral Reef is installed automatically by it, and it is a part of Coral installation. But single plugin components will be still displayed as "manual". Simply ignore the bottom of the list.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:27 am

Is there a way to prevent having the 48/88 files installing ? maybe as an option only ?
In the future we'll have an option, because on the backend it is already implemented
Atm we prefer to keep things as much simple as we can

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:35 am

giancarlo wrote:

In the future we'll have an option, because on the backend it is already implemented
Understood. This is the beginning of a new system [better].

To be clear ... should we opt NOT to have those SampleRates ... are we OK'd to DELETE those specific files ?

thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:30 am

DavideBurattin wrote:
"Purchased" page contains your purchased products. You can always (re)install them from there (the latest version).

"Updates" page is very "alive" and contains few sections.

A. available updates for your purchased products
B. installed updates of purchased products, which are up to date
C. purchased products which were not yet installed using Aquarius (must be installed using "Purchased" page)
D. purchased products which are not supported by Aquarius (manual install only)
Cool, now is all more clear to me, but I think it would be useful some colour-code (?) or text, or tab, that tell me which updates are already done in the "Updates" page, because in the "Purchased" page there are still available to install again.
Now I have to write down on paper, from the "Updates" page, the install dates and manually check in the "Purchased" page if they still match.
If product has already been installed using "Purchased", it will be present inside "Updates" section B as installed update up to date. No need to search and compare.

If purchased hasn't been yet installed, it will be visible in "Updates" section C or D (depending if it is supported by Aquarius).

For example, when product has been installed without Aquarius, it will be placed in section C (you should install it again using Aquarius "Purchased"). Then it will automatically move to section B.

garbage914
User Level II
User Level II

Post by garbage914 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:25 pm

If you are experiencing strange situations and/or crashes, try first to delete stage area contents. Install product again from scratch. If this doesn't help, attach a log file.
Thank you for the explanation Franci. That helps a lot. Is keeping the downloaded files in the "Stagearea" of the Roaming Folder on Windows necessary for Aquarius to work smoothly? It's got over 20 gigs in it and I'd prefer not keep it on my drive.
Intel I7 6950, Windows 10, 24 GB RAM, Pink, Pink Bundle, Amethyst, Purple, White, Scarlet, Navy, Lime, Pearl, Sand, Blue, Nebula4, UA Apollo 8, Antelope Orion 32

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:43 pm

You can purge your staging area safetly, but it could means you could have a slower download during an upgrade and for sure a slower download during a downgrade.

------------------------------------------------

We uploaded other plugins, and we fixed possibly the scarlet3 installer. Many of new products have fixes, for example white2 has a better 48-88 pack (there were bugs).

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:44 pm

RJHollins wrote:
giancarlo wrote:

Understood. This is the beginning of a new system [better].

To be clear ... should we opt NOT to have those SampleRates ... are we OK'd to DELETE those specific files ?

thx

don't do it

martel80
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by martel80 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Ok so I tried the aquarius and it says please reinstall those :
-GOLD strip
-Ebony strip
-Violet (compressor)

So I followed the ''please re-install'' notification in updates tab but they stay there and never show up as installed.

Also, all the modules and strips of Ebony are showing as installed twice and 1 used/10 available.

They are now installed in 2 different directory. ( same for all gold and magenta modules )

Now, i've went in my programs and features and my plugs are not showing up as 1.4.200 like you suggest in your OP but rather:
1.4.169 for gold
1.4.179 for cobalt and ebony
1.4.152 for pearl
1.4.009 for Magenta

Am I missing something because this tool is not working at all for me....

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:01 pm

sure you are installing in "that" folder? check your vst installation folder in settings.
If you want to be sure, remove one of your old ones (copy it elsewhere) and install the same item using aquarius. It should go there. It will be deadly fast because you already downnloaded stage files, so the test is a matter of seconds.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm

It would be nice an automated action that at the end of the update will delete the temp0 folder (keeping of course the zip stage files).
Because it's basically the expansion of the zip files.
In this way we could spare an half of the HDD space.

Or are them required also for the future updates? (slowing down the process?)

martel80
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by martel80 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:25 pm

giancarlo wrote:sure you are installing in "that" folder? check your vst installation folder in settings.
If you want to be sure, remove one of your old ones (copy it elsewhere) and install the same item using aquarius. It should go there. It will be deadly fast because you already downnloaded stage files, so the test is a matter of seconds.
Well, I've just tried what you said and its been installing absolutely nothing for the last 15 minutes with no progress bar.
aquarius.jpg
win 8.1