Aquarius - new download tool

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Aquarius - new download tool

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:29 am

Aquarius (FULL VERSION) is the download and authorization tool currently available in "Public beta" only for Windows users.
Direct link to download it:
https://app.box.com/s/b10etxilertxqqnt6lwm4zl8o1uspqpx

we added a list of commercial products, and lemon trial. We are continuously updating the lists.
There are two advantages:
- they are updated to latest engine, 1.4.200
- from this point you'll have "automatic" updates on the products you installed using the new method; each time you login to aquarius it prompts new updates

just a note: when the product had a 48-88 release it is included! For example gold is the whole package. At the moment you cannot decide to install the 44-96 part alone, but you are forced to a full installation. In the past we avoided it because downloading installers from box is a pain, and we have a limited download size (this limit doesn't exist in aquarius since it downloads blocks of 50 megabytes at once). Anywayt a full 44-48-88-96 is suggested where possible because the product is generally tested using the biggest configuration.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Aquarius - new download tool

Post by DavideBurattin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi Giancarlo, thanks for this big step forward for us.
QUestion: it will be in future any way to load multiple updates? (example: if I wish to leave the PC to update several plugins overnight?)
Because for now I can click just one at time if I'm not wrong.

Another question is about the already done updates: a couple of days ago I downloaded via Acquarius the updates of Diamond, Lemon and Violet (Acqua), tagged all at 12th October.
Now I'm finding the same updates in the "Purchased" tab, still from 12th of October, then I guess I don't need them anymore.
How to tell to Acquarius to remove the already done updates from the list of avaliable? Or change maybe the colour, to avoid to check between the 2 tabs every date?

Cheers.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:17 pm

it's already implemented

purchased tab contains ALWAYS the whole list of plugins available to you for a complete re-installing. The list takes in account both the items supported by aquarius AND your purchases, exactly like iTunes.

The updates list contains the actual products installed in your system. Basically the structure is the same featured in iTunes/AppStore

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:00 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:Hi Giancarlo, thanks for this big step forward for us.
QUestion: it will be in future any way to load multiple updates? (example: if I wish to leave the PC to update several plugins overnight?)
giancarlo wrote:it's already implemented
Really? I cannot press no more other "update" button while the first one is pressed.

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:47 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:
DavideBurattin wrote:Hi Giancarlo, thanks for this big step forward for us.
giancarlo wrote:it's already implemented
Really? I cannot press no more other "update" button while the first one is pressed.
You can use "Update All" and it will install all available updates. You can't start multiple (selective) updates manually. This is planned for the future releases.

leckel1996
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by leckel1996 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Works great here! I see people mentioning a free Violet Acqua... do you have to own N4 to get this gift?
N4, Pink2, Azure, Crimson, Lemon, Ivory3, Ebony, Gold, Pearl2, Navy, Sand, Scarlet3, White2, Purple P-1

craigb913
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by craigb913 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Hello,
I have updates for Coral and Scarlet3, Coral installed fine but I have an issue with Scarlet3ZL (ticket already opened). What is actually updated on these other than the engine? All of the .N2V files appear to be new, were the units resampled?

cjperez
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by cjperez » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:20 pm

leckel1996 wrote:Works great here! I see people mentioning a free Violet Acqua... do you have to own N4 to get this gift?
I would like to know the answer to this as well.
Intel Core i7 5820k 3.3ghz. 32gigs Ram, Samsung SSD, MSI X99A motherboard, Cubase 8, H******* Mixbus 3.3 & 2.5, Antelope Audio Zen Studio & Yamaha N8 Mixers. Win. 7 64 bit.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 am

cjperez wrote:
leckel1996 wrote:Works great here! I see people mentioning a free Violet Acqua... do you have to own N4 to get this gift?
I would like to know the answer to this as well.
I think yes because the activation *.ser file is the same as N4.

DavideBurattin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by DavideBurattin » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:32 am

zabukowski wrote: You can use "Update All" and it will install all available updates. You can't start multiple (selective) updates manually. This is planned for the future releases.
Hi Franci, thanks for the reply.
Sorry, I'm having some difficult to find the "Update All" button. Any hints? [windows version 1.0.028]

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:42 pm

craigb913 wrote:Hello,
I have updates for Coral and Scarlet3, Coral installed fine but I have an issue with Scarlet3ZL (ticket already opened). What is actually updated on these other than the engine? All of the .N2V files appear to be new, were the units resampled?
Acqua engine to version 1.4.200. Scarlet3 vectors files are same files from installers in download section.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:03 pm

DavideBurattin wrote:
zabukowski wrote: You can use "Update All" and it will install all available updates. You can't start multiple (selective) updates manually. This is planned for the future releases.
Hi Franci, thanks for the reply.
Sorry, I'm having some difficult to find the "Update All" button. Any hints? [windows version 1.0.028]
It is on "Updates" page (top right, under main progress bar) and it shows up only if there are available updates to be installed.

There is no "Install All" button on "Purchased" page, though.

garbage914
User Level I
User Level I

Post by garbage914 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi Franci, very cool having the new Aquarius. Even after I have installed the updates to Ebony, Violet, Purple, Scarlet, Lime, Diamond, and Gold, they still appear with the "Install" button next to them in the "Purchased" tab. Pink is also there but I haven't updated it yet. Under the updates tab, it just has sections "Updates Installed in October 2017" and "Manual Updates Only- please reinstall". Is that the way it should be working?

The headings feel reversed to me. Once things are updated, shouldn't they no longer appear in the "Updates" section? And shouldn't plugins I haven't updated like "Pink" be in the "Updates" section?

Also, I'm getting an error that a file is in use when installing "Pink" even though nothing is open and Aquarius has worked to update all other plugins. And the two Pink compressors are crashing Aquarius as they near the end of their installing.
Intel I7 6950, Windows 10, 24 GB RAM, Pink, Pink Bundle, Amethyst, Purple, White, Scarlet, Navy, Lime, Pearl, Sand, Blue, Nebula4, UA Apollo 8, Antelope Orion 32

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:52 pm

@garbage914

If you are experiencing strange situations and/or crashes, try first to delete stage area contents. Install product again from scratch. If this doesn't help, attach a log file.

Aquarius is in a large part very similar to Apple Store.

"Purchased" page contains your purchased products. You can always (re)install them from there (the latest version).

"Updates" page is very "alive" and contains few sections.

A. available updates for your purchased products
B. installed updates of purchased products, which are up to date
C. purchased products which were not yet installed using Aquarius (must be installed using "Purchased" page)
D. purchased products which are not supported by Aquarius (manual install only)

Aquarius is offering "update (upgrade)" option and "downgrade" option as well, which can install any older version. This is something you rarely find with similar programs.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Question ZAB.

Is there a way to prevent having the 48/88 files installing ? maybe as an option only ?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]