Acqua Effect plug-ins next releases (2016)

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
udo
User Level X
User Level X

Re: Acqua Effect plug-ins next releases (2014 - 2015)

Post by udo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:17 pm

giancarlo wrote:

About compressors, we'll announce something on monday.
???????? Where is that announcement???????

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 pm

I want to be sure first :) but yes we are working on them :)

flipnautold
Expert
Expert

Post by flipnautold » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:47 am

a free d-b-x 160A would be nice...

and what about Pearl? Black Comp? :)
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Ok I can say it: we are working on Core6 for compressors.
It will be an amazing revolution: we'll be able to create 0 sample latency compressors (but without the preamp) OR/AND low latency compressors featuring the same exact current nebula quality, we'll be able to get a ligher cpu load, and we'll be able to get faster compressors soon, improving existing ones.
We are moving our amazing engine to the next level.

Dimzo

Post by Dimzo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:53 pm

giancarlo wrote:Ok I can say it: we are working on Core6 for compressors.
It will be an amazing revolution: we'll be able to create 0 sample latency compressors (but without the preamp) OR/AND low latency compressors featuring the same exact current nebula quality, we'll be able to get a ligher cpu load, and we'll be able to get faster compressors soon, improving existing ones.
f*ckin' brilliant :mrgreen:

Mannymac

Post by Mannymac » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Amaaaaaazing.
Does this mean we will see a Core6 ersion of Acquamarine as well?

Tracking through Aqua compressors with 0 latency..this is a revolution!

nonstandardryder

Post by nonstandardryder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:01 pm

giancarlo wrote:Ok I can say it: we are working on Core6 for compressors.
This is great news! Im very excited for the improvements. :)

nonstandardryder

Post by nonstandardryder » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:16 pm

giancarlo wrote:about licenses, we are working on a single tool for authorizing things automatically. Atm we are working on the backend side
With this tool would you ever consider a subscription service? Like $30 a month for everything? Access to all Acqua plugins for a monthly price. This could also remove the need for demos.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:58 pm

we'll take in consideration

sontrinh
User Level I
User Level I

Post by sontrinh » Fri May 01, 2015 3:09 am

nonstandardryder wrote:
giancarlo wrote:about licenses, we are working on a single tool for authorizing things automatically. Atm we are working on the backend side
With this tool would you ever consider a subscription service? Like $30 a month for everything? Access to all Acqua plugins for a monthly price. This could also remove the need for demos.
I would be all over this. I think as more plugin developers adopt this model, if it works out, others will be more open to it..

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Fri May 01, 2015 3:41 am

sontrinh wrote:
nonstandardryder wrote:
I would be all over this. I think as more plugin developers adopt this model, if it works out, others will be more open to it..
In case it is not implied (and I think it is... but just in case) -> "as long as you continue to sell individual plugins at current or better prices in addition to a subscription model".

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Fri May 01, 2015 4:06 am

I would be open to a subscription as an option, but not as the only pricing. And if that happens, then there will invariably be complaints from the people who do use the subscription when they have reached an amount spent that is beyond what the one-time price would have been..... But I personally do not support the idea of subscription only software and would be disturbed if Acustica goes that route. Maybe a short-term subscription as a more flexible demo.....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

Mauri
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by Mauri » Fri May 01, 2015 11:30 am

Please don't make subsciption the only option!

Mauri.
Cubase 10 Pro x64 + jBridge | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 4 SSDs for samples & project files | i7 5930K @ 4.7GHz | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x UAD2 Solo | Mackie HR624 MK2 | 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors | WaveLab Elements 9.5.50 | N4 and many libraries| Aquamarine and Ultramarine.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri May 01, 2015 12:21 pm

really we are moving to the opposite direction. You'll understand why soon.
Subscriptions are in the direction of depricing the software value, while we want to increase and make it less available. Software should not be easily accessible to everyone, exactly like hardware. And it is not a matter of price. It is a matter of energy you spend on collecting, on looking for the best gear and so on. Exactly like in the hardware recording studio land.

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:40 pm

giancarlo wrote:really we are moving to the opposite direction. You'll understand why soon.
Subscriptions are in the direction of depricing the software value, while we want to increase and make it less available. Software should not be easily accessible to everyone, exactly like hardware. And it is not a matter of price. It is a matter of energy you spend on collecting, on looking for the best gear and so on. Exactly like in the hardware recording studio land.
I can understand cultivating an exclusive upmarket reputation by pricing high and attracting fewer sales with higher unit margins as opposed to going mass market low price/high sales. The choice is the developers. It is a business decision usually aimed at maximising profit, which is a perfectly acceptable business goal. Everyone needs to feed their families.

I suppose you take great pride in your products and you don't want them abused by a bunch of casual 'jerks'. Understandable, but too judgmental for me at least. If you gave all the wannabe 'producas' your marvellous tools, I don't think most of them would suddenly start making great music. But some might. And whether they did or not would not reflect badly on Acustica. Their bad tracks would not be your responsibility.

Pricing just to keep out the riff raff is a disturbing, elitist position to adopt. Top hardware is exclusive because it is genuinely expensive to design and manufacture. Software is a great leveller because there's no manufacturing cost (bar site hosting, copy protection etc.) What separates us should ideally be our dedication to our art and consequent skill, not the depth of our pockets.

Price it as you will, but if it gets out that you're being snobs I fear you'll end up 'Slated'. And I would be tremendously disappointed if that happened.