Acqua Hardware List

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Acqua Hardware List

Post by kindafishy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:46 am

Giancarlo, you have hinted at a very impressive number of Acqua plugins you hope will be released in the next year.

Any chance we can get a relatively complete list of what to expect? Even with secret names so the clever people on the boards can figure out what they are?

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Acqua Hardware List

Post by kindafishy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Hello,
Is there anybody in there?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:53 pm

we can't tell you exact names, for branding and copyright reasons. I can tell we are going to sample whatever we'll find in every professional recording or mastering studio. We'll start announcing things with a bit of details before the release.

We'll publish also demos, comparative files and so on (graphs, details, screenshots...)

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Thanks giancarlo, it is understandable that you can't give names. Happily, what you're basically telling us though, is that the hardware list is basically EVERYTHING. :shock:

These Acqua plugins are what I have always been waiting for from Acustica, so this is a very exciting time.

Can you reveal whether or not there is an Acqua version of the Gemini Audio G2500 (or a new sampling) coming? This one is at the absolute top of my list. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want this one.

If so, will it be complete with variable stereo linking?

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 am

yes but not in 2014.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:04 am

Thank you! I'm happy just knowing that it is coming, even if not in 2014.

Martinez

Post by Martinez » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:05 am

Personally, I'd love to see a Modern Flagship channel strip. That would be the bomb!

jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by jpchartrand » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Martinez wrote:Personally, I'd love to see a Modern Flagship channel strip. That would be the bomb!
+1 ! By far my favorite console

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:02 pm

tomorrow we'll post videoclips, graphs & audio demos about 2 products to be released, a mastering eq (magenta) and a fet compressor (black). Stay tuned!!!!!!!!

nonstandardryder

Post by nonstandardryder » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:59 pm

giancarlo wrote:tomorrow we'll post videoclips, graphs & audio demos about 2 products to be released, a mastering eq (magenta) and a fet compressor (black). Stay tuned!!!!!!!!
Excited to see this! :)

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Looking forward to these clips...

Giancarlo, there is another piece of hardware that I am wondering about, but I think it will be included in 'everything'. Perhaps you can confirm?

Is an Acqua version, full sampling of the FTS bit of the AlexB Tape and Saturators FX collection planned? I've never heard the AlexB sampling of this but I know that I would love a full Acqua version of it because I like the hardware itself.

kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by kindafishy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:42 am

Bump!

Still wondering about a "full sampling of the FTS bit of the AlexB Tape and Saturators FX collection"

Also wondering if a "ten ate the one" is planned for early on in the EQ releases? Alternatively, perhaps a "ten seven T three" EQ. Both with the pre, of course :).

I'm not so good with the creative naming, I suppose...

drecchiarex
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by drecchiarex » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Please tell me a vintage APE-E-EYE 5 FITTY A is on the way... :D

It's really one of my favorite sounds and seems to be a relatively easy piece to sample and create an Acqua plugin for.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:26 pm

do you mean 2500 compressor? or 550? both of them are in front of me right now, but we didn't plan to sample them

Sheikyearbouti

Post by Sheikyearbouti » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Both are considered classic tools and many people love them. They are very popular.

Waves have both but they sound really bad (especially the EQs are are so bad that I wonder if the people that developed them have ever even listened to their plug-in - I would have been ashamed to release these). UAD have the EQs but I can't comment on the sound as I have never used them.

I think that both are definitely worth looking at. Bear in mind that there are different versions of the 550.
--
Nikolay Georgiev
http://georgievsound.com/