Blues/Rock and Acqua

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
adam79
User Level I
User Level I

Blues/Rock and Acqua

Post by adam79 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:28 am

If you were commissioned for a blues/rock mix and could only use two Acqua plugs for the entirety of the mix, which two would you go with?

I know that seems pretty limiting, so as a second parter, what instruments in this blues/rock mix would you use Acqua plugs on over any other brand, and what Acqua plug would you choose for said instrument(s)?

I know the blues/rock genre can span pretty wide these days, so let's go with the low gain guitar, feel based over excess noohhj-hk=nnvv : vv.. Vvv n b

drezz
Expert
Expert

Re: Blues/Rock and Acqua

Post by drezz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Gold, Viridian, Cream & Cola.

Any of these will get nice results IMHO.

Try the trials and see which ones fit your sound. They are all pretty comprehensive and sound great in their own right. Some take a little bit of a learning curve depending on your experience.

You might want to add Water to that list too.

They all offer varying degrees of vintage sonics. Some older than others, but they would do the job well. Most have choices of different EQs and a few compressors, plus some preamp choices.

Good luck.
Official Acustica Audio Dealer for UK/Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/AcusticaUKDealer

http://www.newcutstudios.co.uk/

botus99
Expert
Expert

Re: Blues/Rock and Acqua

Post by botus99 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:37 am

Gold, Navy, or maybe Amethyst (personally, I use Navy almost all the time) are pretty much a given for basic tracking/mixing. Ebony should also be mentioned because it comes with a reverb and a good mastering/buss compressor too, so you can easily use it all over the mix.

For the 2nd, you may want to go with a more mastering oriented Acqua. This will be a hard choice that will probably come down to taste. I use Coral, Cobalt, Titanium and Magenta a lot. I don't own Ultramarine, but that should be a good one for blues rock. Definitely grab one of the Acquas with both an EQ and compressor to get the best bang for your buck!

I would highly suggest getting one for basic tracking/mixing duties and another for more group/buss/mastering duties.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon