Nebula setups How exactly do we copy settings SOLVED!

Additional software tools
bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Nebula setups How exactly do we copy settings SOLVED!

Post by bobbybland » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:28 pm

I just purchased Nebula Setups,I own Tim P LA3A and trying to understand how this is supposed to work, I can create a vst with the gui, but the settings are not on the gui. Not sure what I'm missing, is there a step by step, that explains this, or any video's on how to create a functional .dll for this?

thanks
Last edited by bobbybland on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4/El Ray/Taupe/Azure/Ruby/Lime/Cobalt/Sand/Amethyst/Crimson/Gold 2/Pink 2/Viridian/Diamond Lift/Tim P Libraries

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Nebula setups How exactly do we copy the settings to .dl

Post by bobbybland » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:41 pm

Is there anyone that can offer some help regarding how to make the parameters show up on the gui to get the plugins working?
N4/El Ray/Taupe/Azure/Ruby/Lime/Cobalt/Sand/Amethyst/Crimson/Gold 2/Pink 2/Viridian/Diamond Lift/Tim P Libraries

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:30 am

Forgive me but I thought I had to buy the program to get the settings to show up, assuming it was in demo mode, so I bought the program, but the parameters still don't show up when saving the .dll, I get the skin and gui to load up in daw, but there's no parameters working..

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm sorry I'm not a coder, just a musician and need a bit of help.

If anyone can offer, please do. thanks in advance.

JRMusic
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by JRMusic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:44 am

Is Nebula authorised and working by itself? If it is not authorised it will not respond or hold a library and work.

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:49 am

I have Nebula 3 free so I assume its working. I also own nebula 4.

Nebula 3 is working fine, it loads fine, it's just when I try and save a .dll via setups, the knobs on the gui, don't respond, and the parameters dont seem to be working

JRMusic
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by JRMusic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:00 am

I can't help you. I had too many issues with setup prog.
Email Zebowski (or something like that) :|

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:03 am

Thanks, email sent.

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:42 am

Already replied via email.

Looks like authorization issue to me - if you are using Nebula3 free, you can't load commercial programs with it.

This behaviour (knobs reset to zero) has nothing to do with Nebula Setups - it is caused by Nebula engine.

Try to use your base Nebula3 Free plugin in your host and see how it behaves.

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:51 am

I'm going to buy N3 right now and hopefully this all works, thanks for the help thus far. I really want this to work.

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:35 pm

okay bought and authorized nebula server 3 - now in setups after reading the manual, and following where to load the nebula reverb .xml in the prefs/general page, , I now try and save the .dll, it says to me, cannot open nebula reverb.xml

any idea, on what this is now?

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:28 pm

bobbybland wrote:okay bought and authorized nebula server 3 - now in setups after reading the manual, and following where to load the nebula reverb .xml in the prefs/general page, , I now try and save the .dll, it says to me, cannot open nebula reverb.xml
any idea, on what this is now?
In your email, you wrote: "Okay I authorized Nebula 3 server, now when I use nebual setups, and point the correct settings in nebual setups/ prefs/ general/ c:/vstplugins/acustica /nebula core 64 reverb.xml it says it cannot open. "

This is confusing. Please attach a screenshot of the actual error message. Looks like some file(s) can not be read or written. It may be a folder protection issue as well.

Try to run program as administrator for a start.

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi,
I am running as admin,win10 I fixed the issue, of not being able to save,I had it pointing to the wrong directory, now it's working as far as saving. Below was the problem.

C:/Vstplugins - x64/- Efx/Acustica Nebula 3/acustica64/Nebula3 Reverb.dll it was trying to go to some core 11 reverb thing?? and changing this fixed it..

But even after purchasing and authorizing nebula server, I'm still getting the issue I originally wrote about.

I'm trying to use setups for Tim P Opto La3a, so I set it up like the manual says,save it. I then load the plugin in daw, plugin and gui then loads fine, but it doesn't allow me to change settings, meaning the drive knob when turning it, goes back to zero, the menua button goes back to zero.
There's no values in the blank boxes above drive and menu windows, so it's not working.

My nebula server works fine, but setups doesn't seem to on my system, what else could it be?

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:52 pm

screenshot.PNG
here's my settings

I only care about x64 as I don't use anything 32 bit.

bobbybland
User Level V
User Level V

Post by bobbybland » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:55 pm

screenshot 2.PNG
here's a screenshot of the gui of the plugin,that has no settings after saving via setups.