Nebula setups rescan does not load most of my setups

Additional software tools
Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Nebula setups rescan does not load most of my setups

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:19 pm

In order to create setups for the new Flucti-mew, I opened Nebula setups 2.6, and it does not list most of my setups. And even when forcing a rescan, it only finds the newest ones.
I am using 2 computers, to save ressources using VEPRO. On both computers, the paths names are exactly the same. When I installed my new one, I copied all my Nebula folder into it, and everything went perfectly fine. Since September, I created setups for my new libraries on the new computer, and realized this week that when transferring these setups to the old one, I had forgotten to transfer the "Setups" folder. So my setups weew not opening properly on the old computer. So I just did the transfer from the new one to the old one, and now Nebula setups only finds those specific setups, and not the oler ones. Could be coincidence ?

Plus, when I do the rescan, I see it is looking in the right folder (in my case "H:\Nebula\Setups"). I looked into this folder and all the XML are there. What am I missing ?
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula setups rescan does not load most of my setups

Post by zabukowski » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:05 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:In order to create setups for the new Flucti-mew, I opened Nebula setups 2.6, and it does not list most of my setups. And even when forcing a rescan, it only finds the newest ones.
I am using 2 computers, to save ressources using VEPRO. On both computers, the paths names are exactly the same. When I installed my new one, I copied all my Nebula folder into it, and everything went perfectly fine. Since September, I created setups for my new libraries on the new computer, and realized this week that when transferring these setups to the old one, I had forgotten to transfer the "Setups" folder. So my setups weew not opening properly on the old computer. So I just did the transfer from the new one to the old one, and now Nebula setups only finds those specific setups, and not the oler ones. Could be coincidence ?

Plus, when I do the rescan, I see it is looking in the right folder (in my case "H:\Nebula\Setups"). I looked into this folder and all the XML are there. What am I missing ?
H:\Nebula\Setups contains setup files which are generated by Nebula Setups.

Actual setup description files are located in Nebula Setups common folder (.setup and .config files). These are shown in open dialog and used for further setup manipulation.

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:17 pm

zabukowski wrote:
Avgatzeblouz wrote:In order to create setups for the new Flucti-mew, I opened Nebula setups 2.6, and it does not list most of my setups. And even when forcing a rescan, it only finds the newest ones.

H:\Nebula\Setups contains setup files which are generated by Nebula Setups.

Actual setup description files are located in Nebula Setups common folder (.setup and .config files). These are shown in open dialog and used for further setup manipulation.
Hi Zab, thanks for chiming in. I'm aware of that, actually, as I checked my options. But how, in that case, do I add lost entries to the "open" menu ?
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:43 pm

Not sure how and where which setup has gone ... the fact is that Nebula Setups shows and uses setups which are located in common folder. Check common folder to see which setups do you have on old and new computer.

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Here are some screen captures from my current computer. you can see where are pointing the paths in the prefs, and a fraction of those folders. All the XML files you see on both folders don't show up when I do a rescan. I made sure the DLLs are there as well.
But if I list by date modified, I can match all the recent ones with the ones showing up in the manager.
General.JPG
Nebula setups.JPG
Setups folder.JPG
Saved setups (xml+dll).JPG
Manager.JPG

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:29 pm

As you are showing me contents of H:\Nebula\Setups again, let me repeat:

H:\Nebula\Setups contains setup files which are generated! by Nebula Setups when saving setups - they are not relevant to "open dialog"

Common folder path you are after is:
c:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Zabukowski\Nebula Setups\

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:36 pm

zabukowski wrote:As you are showing me contents of H:\Nebula\Setups again, let me repeat:

H:\Nebula\Setups contains setup files which are generated! by Nebula Setups when saving setups - they are not relevant to "open dialog"

OK, thanks a lot ! So could I just copy the common folder content (CONFIG and SETUP files only) from the old computer to the new one, as I made sure all paths are the same (drive letters, etc...)?

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:
zabukowski wrote:As you are showing me contents of H:\Nebula\Setups again, let me repeat:

OK, thanks a lot ! So could I just copy the common folder content (CONFIG and SETUP files only) from the old computer to the new one, as I made sure all paths are the same (drive letters, etc...)?
Exactly :)

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Yes, it works perfect ! Thanks !

mathias
Expert
Expert

Post by mathias » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:44 am

wow franci,
superspeed/spot on support! cool 8-) :)
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB