Nebula Setups 2 released (win, osx - x86/x64)

Additional software tools
zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: Nebula Setups 2 dev 2 released (win, osx)

Post by zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 am

richie43 wrote:
zabukowski wrote:Yes, there is a Setup Manager, which allows you to update/(re)create, rename and delete setups. You'll need dev 2 version.

Note, that each (old) setup must be first imported and saved within Nebula Setups 2 in order to be tracked and available in Setups manager.

Zabukowski
I don't think that we are "on the same page"......I am not talking about updating the setups, I am talking about updating the Nebula versions of each dll when I update the main Nebula. Right now I have to update Nebula, and then make copies of the new dll and manually rename them to match the custom dll's I made with Nebula Setups. Does this app do THAT in the Setup Manager? I can't see how to do it.
When you "save" the setup, plugin dll is also created (if selected on "save" dialog). Setups Manager is doing nothing else but batch saving of all selected setups. So not only setups are updated but dlls as well (with the updated source Nebula dll, for example).

Hope it is more clear now :)

Zabukowski

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 am

andiw wrote:Hi,

I tried NebulaSetups for Mac with Neb 1.3.600 and I found a bug:

in my 'Nebula3 Reverb.xml' the tag <PROTECTIONDB> is empty and in the created setup xml (in my case 'Nebula Guitar.xml') this tag is not closed (so just the <PROTECTIONDB> is created without the </PROTECTIONDB>). That was the reason why the VST hangs while loading. As soon as I closed that tag the VST loaded fine.
I think this may something to do with the way Setups XML parser interprets and saves empty XML values. Looks like the latest Nebula introduces some new XML "empty" tags - this was not the case before.

I'll look into this.

Zabukowski

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:02 am

zabukowski wrote:When you "save" the setup, plugin dll is also created (if selected on "save" dialog). Setups Manager is doing nothing else but batch saving of all selected setups. So not only setups are updated but dlls as well (with the updated source Nebula dll, for example).

Zabukowski
Duh...... :roll: I knew that it is referencing the dll, I should have known how that made sense.......Thanks, that's brilliant. So basically, even if I am not updating an instance with different presets, I can open the setups manager and just resave the setup, thus updating the dll version... aha, quite brilliant.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:12 am

richie43 wrote:
zabukowski wrote:When you "save" the setup, plugin dll is also created (if selected on "save" dialog). Setups Manager is doing nothing else but batch saving of all selected setups. So not only setups are updated but dlls as well (with the updated source Nebula dll, for example).

Zabukowski
Duh...... :roll: I knew that it is referencing the dll, I should have known how that made sense.......Thanks, that's brilliant. So basically, even if I am not updating an instance with different presets, I can open the setups manager and just resave the setup, thus updating the dll version... aha, quite brilliant.
For a single setup, you don't need Setups Manager. Even when simple "Setup/Save" function is performed, you can choose which components of the setup you want to update (xml, dll etc.). Setups Manager does the same function in batch for multiple setups.

Zabukowski

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:22 am

That' very cool Zab! i have a quick question then; If I make some instances, and then go in and hand edit the xml's to fine tune them for something specific (like the LFREQD for a reverb, for instance), when I update the dll with Nebula Setups, do I lose the hand edited parts? Doesn't the update use whatever I have Nebula Setups using as the template?

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:30 am

richie43 wrote:That' very cool Zab! i have a quick question then; If I make some instances, and then go in and hand edit the xml's to fine tune them for something specific (like the LFREQD for a reverb, for instance), when I update the dll with Nebula Setups, do I lose the hand edited parts? Doesn't the update use whatever I have Nebula Setups using as the template?
You are right ...

But fortunately dev 3 version will have new "Tweaks" feature, which will allow each setup to have a tweak list of changed parameters ;) When setup will be saved, they will override original parameters from the source xml file.

Coming very soon ...

Zabukowski

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:20 pm

zabukowski wrote:You are right ...

But fortunately dev 3 version will have new "Tweaks" feature, which will allow each setup to have a tweak list of changed parameters ;) When setup will be saved, they will override original parameters from the source xml file.

Coming very soon ...

Zabukowski
You are the king. That's awesome. For now, I have all of my xml's saved in a back-up folder, and after a batch update (for the dll's), I can copy the other xml's on top to save any tweaks. But this app is awesome. When oh when is it officially released? I hope that you release before that temporary license expires......

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:00 pm

richie43 wrote:
zabukowski wrote:You are right ...

Coming very soon ...

Zabukowski
You are the king. That's awesome. For now, I have all of my xml's saved in a back-up folder, and after a batch update (for the dll's), I can copy the other xml's on top to save any tweaks. But this app is awesome. When oh when is it officially released? I hope that you release before that temporary license expires......
I think the final release is not very far. Don't worry - free license will be available/extended until the final release.

Zabukowski

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Awesome!

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Another thing ..

If you uncheck option "Nebula plugin configuration files(s) (.xml)" when saving a setup or using Setups Manager batch update, your xml files (containing changed params) will not be overwritten.

So preserving changed xml files is already possible. I almost forgot about it :)

Tweaks feature will be more interesting in case when xml files need to be updated and changed parameters preserved as well.

Zabukowski

richie43
Expert
Expert

Post by richie43 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:33 pm

zabukowski wrote:Another thing ..

If you uncheck option "Nebula plugin configuration files(s) (.xml)" when saving a setup or using Setups Manager batch update, your xml files (containing changed params) will not be overwritten.

So preserving changed xml files is already possible. I almost forgot about it :)

Tweaks feature will be more interesting in case when xml files need to be updated and changed parameters preserved as well.

Zabukowski
I sound like a fan-boy (but am way too old for that.... :oops: ha ha), but that is even more brilliant. Thanks for that info. A HUGE time saver when updating!!! :D

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Re: NEW: Nebula Setups 2 dev 3 released (win, osx)

Post by zabukowski » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:37 am

Dev 3 released with tweaks support.

You know where to find it ;)
Nebula Setups 2 OSX will remain 32 bit until 64 bit ACQUA OSX is available. Regardless, you can already generate 32 and 64 bit setups (unfortunately not with a single “Save”, as is the case with windows version). Temporarily, 32 bit program options (binaries, config files) can be used for 64 bit setups as well. I will consider further solutions, when all versions of Nebula OSX will be available as 64 bit.

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Note for Nebula Setups 2 dev 3 Windows users:

Please download and install program again. Installers were updated because of a bug (tweaks were not saved with 64 bit setups).

Sorry for inconvenience.

Zabukowski

FrankydT
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by FrankydT » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:34 am

Hi,

I've just tried the Tweak Menu on Nebula Setups 2 dev3.
From the manual, it's supposed I should choose a parameter from the drop-down menu.
But it's empty.
I'm on OSX 10.6.8. Nebula Server 1.3.600 (IPP framework is installed
- I upgraded from a previous version)
I've also tried to run Nebula Setups on my 10.8.5 partition.
I know that, officially, only Snow Leopard is supported.
Just reporting.
Thank you

zabukowski
Expert
Expert

Post by zabukowski » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 am

FrankydT wrote:Hi,

I've just tried the Tweak Menu on Nebula Setups 2 dev3.
From the manual, it's supposed I should choose a parameter from the drop-down menu.
But it's empty.
I'm on OSX 10.6.8. Nebula Server 1.3.600 (IPP framework is installed
- I upgraded from a previous version)
I've also tried to run Nebula Setups on my 10.8.5 partition.
I know that, officially, only Snow Leopard is supported.
Just reporting.
Thank you
Thanks for reporting!

Here is a temporary solution:

Right click on NebulaSetups2.app in Finder. Select "Show Package Contents".

Unpack attachment and copy file "default.nmdictionary"to Contents/MacOS folder (overwrite existing file).

Let me know if it works.

Zabukowski
Attachments
default.nmdictionary.zip
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 124 times