HELP Sampling Hardware Compressors

Tips & tricks, working results, technical support
soundwizard99
User Level 0
User Level 0

HELP Sampling Hardware Compressors

Post by soundwizard99 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:48 pm

I have spent over a week reading this entire forum, sos articles and can't understand why everything is so cryptic. Given that this is not an easy process nor did I expect it to be, but as an experienced sound engineer I find the descriptions and instructions rather convoluted and vague in most cases.

How do you begin to sample a hardware Compressor? In lay man's terms?

I didn't even see any specific information on connecting your device, one can assume but I didn't seen anything speaking to this?

How do you properly sample ratio?

How do you add a hpf?

How do you compile the samples?

Everything I have read is full of "hints" or even "suggestions" at best. I understand that there is no set way and I'll have to experiment to find out what works best, but is there anyone who could perhaps be a little more clear on how to get started sampling compressors?

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Re: HELP Sampling Hardware Compressors

Post by SWANG » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:55 am

^perhaps you could reach out to tim petherick, cupwise or another 3rd party developer via pm or email. they might be willing to assist you. :)

soundwizard99
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: HELP Sampling Hardware Compressors

Post by soundwizard99 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:14 pm

I have tested the levels and have things just right. I have a basic Compressor template loaded, but once I hit sample it goes through the process, I get wave files but no Program or Vector files, what am I doing wrong?

I have done the samples in steps as instructed but I am not seeing the program files on computer anywhere. Is there a set of additional steps that I need to do in order to create the actual program files?

I have tried both 45 and 35 step settings and still no program files. How do you initiate the deconvolution process to create programs?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks