The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Nebula feature suggestions
User avatar
flipnautold
Expert
Expert
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat May 18, 2013 3:36 pm
Location: Germany, Düsseldorf
Contact:

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by flipnautold » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:04 am

i would like to see Aqualized:

C h a n d l e r - Limited TG1
Studio One on Intel i7 4790k.
Aquas i like are: Lime, Gold, Pink2412, Amethyst2, Honey

hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:44 am

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by hwasser » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:26 am

Vintagedesign CL1. This unit have a really good reputation for its colour. I own Vintagedesign preamps and like their colour. Especially the M87D which is a mix of a 1081 and 1073 (kind of).

Image

The Vintage Design CL1 MK2 is an amazing compressor. It is a real TOOL for dynamic range control, plain and simple. It can do many different tricks for many different applications. The gain reduction circuit can very very transparent; however it does add a very clear and brilliant tone that works well for EVERYTHING!! It is a personal favorite for tracking vocals, bass, GTR's, and of course the drum buss.

I just want to chime in and say that the Vintage Design CL1mkII is pure magic on vocals. Like you say it adds weight and a smooth kind of punch. It can make less than ideal vocals sound interesting and great vocals sound spectacular. Puts a smile on my face every time I use it. The CL1mkII sounds great on most instruments, but for vocals it's pure magic.

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11140
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by giancarlo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:43 am

flipnaut wrote:i would like to see Aqualized:

C h a n d l e r - Limited TG1
for a client we developed something better than all your hopes

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3740
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by RJHollins » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 am

giancarlo wrote:
flipnaut wrote:i would like to see Aqualized:

C h a n d l e r - Limited TG1
for a client we developed something better than all your hopes
You're not suppose to tell anyone ... otherwise, <G> will have your hide :shock:

:lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

drecchiarex
User Level IV
User Level IV
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:51 am

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by drecchiarex » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:56 pm

giancarlo wrote:
flipnaut wrote:i would like to see Aqualized:

C h a n d l e r - Limited TG1
for a client we developed something better than all your hopes
Mi piace!

Enlighten us, Giancarlo! :)

User avatar
Dimzo
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by Dimzo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:36 pm

giancarlo wrote:
grmcsdinpc wrote:Thermionic Culture : THE CULTURE VULTURE for acqua plugin.
i know it is in nebula world. but i want to see this in acqua plugin.
yes
YES! :mrgreen:


space echo, too?

spigon
User Level VI
User Level VI
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:32 am

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by spigon » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:10 pm

A stereo pair of Greg's BA660. If this was sample Acustica would have one of the most versatile comp plugins ever; 5 compressors in one.

1. Fairchild 660
2. LA-2
3. N**e Console Bus limiter
4. S*L Quad limiter
5. RCA BA-6

Brian
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Taipei, Taiwan / San Francisco, CA

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by Brian » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:39 pm

I wonder if there's a better way to organize this - perhaps using the polling system. It would be handy to remove duplicate requests, see them all at a glance, and be able to vote for certain ones.

I'd love to see:
1. Thermionic Culture Phoenix (with proper envelope behavior)

2. Dramastic Obsidian

3. C******r TG1 (vocals, piano, drums, just so tasty)

4. C******r Curve Bender (yes, I'd prefer this over the original E*I desk because of the extra range and versatility)

5. Inward Connections Tubestep EQ (rare but very sweet and simple to use)

6. Retro Sta-Level

7. Retro 176
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
[email protected]

Mixing/Mastering Engineer at Sentient Sound Labs 覺知音樂工作室

Win10 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by dagovitsj » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Brian wrote:I wonder if there's a better way to organize this - perhaps using the polling system. It would be handy to remove duplicate requests, see them all at a glance, and be able to vote for certain ones.

I'd love to see:
1. Thermionic Culture Phoenix (with proper envelope behavior)

2. Dramastic Obsidian

3. C******r TG1 (vocals, piano, drums, just so tasty)

4. C******r Curve Bender (yes, I'd prefer this over the original E*I desk because of the extra range and versatility)

5. Inward Connections Tubestep EQ (rare but very sweet and simple to use)

6. Retro Sta-Level

7. Retro 176
- I'm not so familiar with hardware, but the Curve Bender is perhaps something that is coming soon, or maybe I'm interpreting this wrong? https://primestudio.at/de/equipment

- Anyone know what this primestudio collaboration with AA is all about?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 [email protected] 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |

Brian
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Taipei, Taiwan / San Francisco, CA

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by Brian » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:20 am

dagovitsj wrote: - I'm not so familiar with hardware, but the Curve Bender is perhaps something that is coming soon, or maybe I'm interpreting this wrong? https://primestudio.at/de/equipment
That's the original TG desk - if I recall, the channels featured a high-pass filter, and single filters for bass and treble. Some were expanded with a presence control which had selectable frequencies across the mids and highs for a peaking filter.

They no doubt sound lovely, but I'd prefer C******r's take on the circuit - it was expanded to be a much more flexible stereo 4-band EQ with additional HPF and LPF, while apparently retaining the core tone of the original as much as possible.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
[email protected]

Mixing/Mastering Engineer at Sentient Sound Labs 覺知音樂工作室

Win10 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9

onebaldbloke
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:36 am
Contact:

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by onebaldbloke » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:36 am

I'd like to have a Nebula version of the Compellor, which, in the days of using consoles, was my favourite master buss compressor.

Cheers,
Bob.
Samplitude ProX (latest), RME UFX, Win 10 Pro, 12 core Intel i7, 24 G RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

richie43
Expert
Expert
Posts: 5041
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by richie43 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:10 am

onebaldbloke wrote:I'd like to have a Nebula version of the Compellor, which, in the days of using consoles, was my favourite master buss compressor.

Cheers,
Bob.
Do you know which Compellor you are most familiar with? There are more than one, and they range from pretty simple and cheap to pretty fancy and cool......
Just curious..... :P
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/

User avatar
Dimzo
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by Dimzo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:08 pm

I would love to see a cool analog limiter like a P****lum Audio PL-2 Peak Limiter. I really don't know how an analog limiter sounds but i'm curious...

onebaldbloke
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:36 am
Contact:

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by onebaldbloke » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:40 am

Sadly, I don't remember..........
I spent months recording at Ardent & it was the one Terry Manning enjoyed at the time. I hated recording with it "on", but loved listing back to things when it was engaged.

Magic Glue!!

Cheers,
Bob.



richie43 wrote:
onebaldbloke wrote:I'd like to have a Nebula version of the Compellor, which, in the days of using consoles, was my favourite master buss compressor.

Cheers,
Bob.
Do you know which Compellor you are most familiar with? There are more than one, and they range from pretty simple and cheap to pretty fancy and cool......
Just curious..... :P
Samplitude ProX (latest), RME UFX, Win 10 Pro, 12 core Intel i7, 24 G RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

User avatar
SWANG
Expert
Expert
Posts: 553
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:31 am
Location: new york

Re: The hardware you would like to see Nebulized thread!

Post by SWANG » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:10 am

adding to the list:

1. eventide omnipressor

2. la-3a

:D :D :D

Post Reply