Skin Builder and Skin Builder Library for N4

Nebula feature suggestions
wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Skin Builder and Skin Builder Library for N4

Post by wagz » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:29 pm

(This is kind of a weird request, I guess.)

Will you guys make a skin builder, please?

Please make an add-on application with a library of different knobs, meters, chassis, etc. that can be dragged on to one of the selectable blank chassis templates, allowing control of the program in use.

I'm not asking that you include routing options or anything that would require 3rd party builders to adjust their code/programs, just a way for N4 (average, non-programmer) users to create our own, more visual pleasing GUIs that we can share among each other, here. So, I am speaking of have adjustable, swappable, control over the cosmetics of a N4 program.

Example: "Hey the knobs on this program are too small or red when I wanted blue... No problem. I'll just open up the Skin Builder, swap it for the one we want, and save it under a different name. Done"

Also, please include the ability for us to add to the user library/database of knobs, sliders, blank chassis templates, lamps, etc.

wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Skin Builder and Skin Builder Library for N4

Post by wagz » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:38 am

Okay. No one has responded to my post - not even to tell me that this is a lame idea. Maybe I should have posted my idea in the Skins section?

I don't really want to double-post or create confusion on the forum.

So, I have a request. Please, will you at least tell me whether or not average users of N4 (as in not people that are not 3rd party developers) will be given access to the necessary tools to create our own GUIs? I've got so many libraries that could use better skins than the default N4 skin. And, if I do have to become a 3rd party developer to do this, please, let me know what is needed and what the cost will be.

jpn does a great job (N60A!), but I can't expect him to create skins for every library that I own. Whoever did the Violet skin did a great job, too.

Acustica, please, open the door so that some others can get in there and create custom skins for these libraries.
I feel that this lack of the ability for us to customize the N4 GUI/Skin is really making it harder for me to enjoy using N4. Am I the only one having this experience?

Jdm5149
User Level V
User Level V

Re: Skin Builder and Skin Builder Library for N4

Post by Jdm5149 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:16 am

i agree i thought the setups feature would give us at least the option of creating our our programs instead of loading 4 instances of n4 also thre abilitty to create our own skins would be great