the dictionary xml file

Nebula feature suggestions
mathias
Expert
Expert
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 am
Location: South-West Germany

Re: the dictionary xml file

Post by mathias » Fri May 02, 2014 11:44 pm

there was a bug with the list tool in nat, that rendered the programs unloadable (means "init", when loaded) when only changing the categories. when you also change the name, it works ok.

i think it is solved now (can you confirm giancarlo?), but maybe the newest official release of nebula/nat did not incorporate the fix.

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

bma25
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:16 am

Re: the dictionary xml file

Post by bma25 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:22 am

I just found out that i can still load the modified programs in the 32-bit version of nebula, but not in the 64-bit version.

I did not change the file names of the n2p- or n2v-files if that's what you mean. I didn't change the "original name" in NAT either. I changed name, category and description, but even if i don't change anything (just load the program in NAT and press save) the problem still exists.

Nebula32 and Nebula64 each have their own nebulatemprepository folder. When i delete the scanboot.xml and the temp-files the modified programs don't even show up in Nebula64, but they do in Nebula32.

mathias
Expert
Expert
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 am
Location: South-West Germany

Re: the dictionary xml file

Post by mathias » Sat May 03, 2014 1:44 pm

this looks like a bug in NAT that should be adressed.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox/x3, tracktion6/7, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6/7(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB

bma25
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:16 am

Re: the dictionary xml file

Post by bma25 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:50 am

It was more likely a bug in Nebula 1.3.708. I updated to version 712 and now it works as expected. But thanks for your help.

User avatar
Support
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am
Location: Lodi, Lombardia, Italy.
Contact:

Re: the dictionary xml file

Post by Support » Mon May 05, 2014 11:07 am

. Windows 8.1 x64
. Nebula3 Server VST x64 1.3.712
. NAT3 x86 1.3.712
. Reaper x64 4.61
. Open Office x86 4.01

- NAT Editor > List > Add/Save including renaming: Name, Category, Subcat1, Subcat2 and Description is working here.
- NAT Editor > List > Export working here.
- NAT Editor > List > Import (after edit in Open Office x86 4.01) working here but not in the correct way.

NOTE: You should rebuild your Nebula emulation presets database after edit .N2P files, Nebula is reading a temporary file(s) to speed up the boot.
Attachments
screenshot.0011.jpg
screenshot.0012.jpg
screenshot.0013.jpg
screenshot.0014.jpg
screenshot.0015.jpg
screenshot.0016.jpg
screenshot.0017.jpg
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

User avatar
giancarlo
Founder
Founder
Posts: 11153
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 pm
Location: Italy

Re: the dictionary xml file

Post by giancarlo » Mon May 05, 2014 12:39 pm

yes it possible the trick does not work for protected libraries. Check you have the same exact version for both nebulas

bma25
User Level I
User Level I
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:16 am

Re: the dictionary xml file

Post by bma25 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Yes before I had NAT and Nebula32 in version 712 and Nebula64 in 708. Now with everything in version 712 it works as expected.

Cheers

Post Reply