N4 Crashes Pro Tools While Loading Up Session

Serious issues
IAMCRISIS
User Level I
User Level I

N4 Crashes Pro Tools While Loading Up Session

Post by IAMCRISIS » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm running Pro Tools 12.7 on a MacBook Pro running 10.9.5

I was working on a session with a few instances of N4 (1.0.011.0 Rel D) without any issues at all. CPU usage was great as well. I was using AlexB Classic Logic Console on 4 Stereo Mix Busses and 1 on the 2 Bus. I also had another instance of N4 on the 2 Bus with the Tape 5042 II loaded into it. Saved the session and went to reopen it the next day and now Pro Tools crashes in the middle of loading up that session. The only way I can get the session to load without Pro Tools crashing is by loading up the session with all of the plugins disabled. I updated to the latest version of N4 (1.0.012.0 Rel F) and I get the same results. I even tried Reinstalling the plugin after a crash, deleting everything inside of the Temp folder and deleting the ~scanboot.xml inside of the Setups folder and still, Pro Tools crashes every time in the middle of loading the session.

After getting the session to load with all of the plugins disabled, I loaded just 1 instance of N4, saved the session and quit Pro Tools, tried to load the session and as soon as the loading bar got to track with N4 loaded onto it, Pro Tools crashed. Doesn't matter how many instances I have loaded. 1 or 5. Pro Tools crashes every time in the middle of loading up a session but loads perfectly fine without any instances of N4.

Anybody having the same issue or have a solution?

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Re: N4 Crashes Pro Tools While Loading Up Session

Post by antago1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:24 am

Yes, absolutely. Sorry that you're having trouble with your Nebula 4, as I was pretty upset about this happening to me. My solution was to downgrade my Pro Tools 12.7 to 12.6.1. It's been working all day and I've finally be able to get a mix done! Hope you find a solution soon and they send library/N4 updates soon to fix this!

Tag

2009 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 HGz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | OS X 10.9.5 | Pro Tools 12.6.1

EDIT-----> This was partially fixed in N4 1.0.012.0 Rel F, which I'm currently using, but a couple sessions still will not load. I'd have to take the plug-in out of the Pro Tools "Plug-Ins" folder to reopen the crashed sessions.
Last edited by antago1 on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am

You should also state what Version of N-4 you are using.

Version D was the initial release. There have been 2 updates since, and we are testing the 3rd.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:41 pm

I am facing the exactly same problem.

Aparently, if we replace the INIT files (INIT.N2P and INIT.N2V) for and old one (like the one in Nebula 3 Server) it should solve the crashes.

That make sense to me. Unfortunately i can't test it, as i don't have Nebula 3. But if you have, i guess it is worth trying.

IAMCRISIS
User Level I
User Level I

Post by IAMCRISIS » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:16 pm

RJHollins wrote:You should also state what Version of N-4 you are using.

Version D was the initial release. There have been 2 updates since, and we are testing the 3rd.

You must of not read my whole post brother. Version D was the 1st version I tried than updated to the latest version and I am still having the same issue!

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 pm

sorry ... I do read all the postings. My last remaining brain cell has difficultly recalling every message posted :|

As a general note [not pointed to anyone specific]. Troubleshooting an issue is not always a simple reply. It's not like the programmers held an important piece of code back, just so that they can save the day with a solution.

In that search, we need detailed info of the Users system, software, versions, etc.

Again, as a general statement ... I've read so many post that give no clues. The User is so familiar with their system ... but they don't tell anyone what it is. That is the reason the 'Ticket' system was implemented.

It is frustrating. Everybody knows this.

We try to help each other, but solutions need to replicate the problem in order to deduce the fix.

Every software company deals with this. Has anyone read the issue Microsoft had with their latest update? None are immune. [unfortunately].

IAMCRISIS. I'm following your posts across different forums. I have no special info to supply. Several other Users seem to have similar problem ... without doubt it is being look into.

As a beta-tester, I don't have MAC and don't use ProTools, so I can't provide direct help.

Hopefully a solution is quickly identified.

Until then.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

IAMCRISIS
User Level I
User Level I

Post by IAMCRISIS » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:39 pm

RJHollins wrote:sorry ... I do read all the postings. My last remaining brain cell has difficultly recalling every message posted :|

As a general note [not pointed to anyone specific]. Troubleshooting an issue is not always a simple reply. It's not like the programmers held an important piece of code back, just so that they can save the day with a solution.

In that search, we need detailed info of the Users system, software, versions, etc.

Again, as a general statement ... I've read so many post that give no clues. The User is so familiar with their system ... but they don't tell anyone what it is. That is the reason the 'Ticket' system was implemented.

It is frustrating. Everybody knows this.

We try to help each other, but solutions need to replicate the problem in order to deduce the fix.

Every software company deals with this. Has anyone read the issue Microsoft had with their latest update? None are immune. [unfortunately].

IAMCRISIS. I'm following your posts across different forums. I have no special info to supply. Several other Users seem to have similar problem ... without doubt it is being look into.

As a beta-tester, I don't have MAC and don't use ProTools, so I can't provide direct help.

Hopefully a solution is quickly identified.

Until then.

All good brother. Thanks!

enriquesilveti
Expert
Expert

Post by enriquesilveti » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:08 am

We will start answering N4 Pro Tools OSX crashed from tomorrow after release version 1.0.013.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (W8.1 | OSX 10.10.5 | i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SSD)
SP4 ( W10 CU | i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SSD)
UFX | Digiface USB | Lyra2 | USBPre2
VM U16 | VM W10 FCU | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX6 | LN2C | SMAART8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10 | BW1 | NIK5

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:31 am

IAMCRISIS,

Did you read this post:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... ead#unread

from the user, he says:
oh nice...

by the way after scrolling down trought these many pages i came across a info that was usefull and no more crash..

i changed the dsp buffer..it was 1024..and i've changed to 256 my normal buffer... and it works just fine no more crashes even with previous conflicting programs...

i don't know if that was the issue but it works now.
might this be useful ?

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:34 pm

We found exactly the issue, we need release a new version.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

cpwade
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by cpwade » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:40 am

RJHollins wrote:IAMCRISIS,

Did you read this post:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... ead#unread

from the user, he says:
oh nice...

by the way after scrolling down trought these many pages i came across a info that was usefull and no more crash..

i changed the dsp buffer..it was 1024..and i've changed to 256 my normal buffer... and it works just fine no more crashes even with previous conflicting programs...

i don't know if that was the issue but it works now.
might this be useful ?
I can confirm that on PT 12.7 | OS X 10.12.2 | with only N4 rev F
"new engine" clean install at 256 buffer on an old test machine #1 I have been able to load, save, reboot and reload without any issues at all. Only 3rd party lib on this machine atm is Ho. I do not have N3 on this machine. I did find that hard linking the OS X directory- "repository" (it's on a separate drive) in OS X finder seemed to help the crashing on older revisions , D,E. I have become comfortable with the finder menu scroll after fighting that change for a week. Machine runs great. My 2c today. Milage may vary.
Attachments
Untitled.tiff
Untitled.tiff (1.03 MiB) Viewed 3819 times

cpwade
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by cpwade » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:26 am

Confirmed on machine 2. Same settings as above except buffer at 1024, no changes to xml, this is stock. Using Jus11 Rom Dict tweaks. Version F. N4 and N3 together with most of my libs loaded back in, I'm not using atldatapath, just rom pointers.. Working fine. No crashes. I have not stress tested but I'll do that when I load up in my studio machine.

*Edit- I did the libs cave man style and just dumped them over to program and vectors on N4 subtracting the INIT from N3.
Attachments
Untitled 2.tiff
Untitled 2.tiff (1016.87 KiB) Viewed 3811 times

Support
Expert
Expert

Post by Support » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Pro Tools crash is related with N4 INIT files and N4 protected libraries like CPCL v5.

We are waiting a debug for new version.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com

IAMCRISIS
User Level I
User Level I

Post by IAMCRISIS » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:17 am

I'm going to be downloading the latest version and checking to see if it works. Any particular things o have to do? Or do I just install the new version over the old one? Thanks for the help guys.

giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Post by giancarlo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:48 am

If you experience crashes just raise a ticket
They will create init files using the old procedure and it will work (confirmed on many sessions we tested)