Cassette Deck 2- Now with skins (update)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
RainbowSix
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Cassette Deck 2- HUGE update

Post by RainbowSix » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Got it! :D

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:11 pm

great! my s3 account was being wonky with the file for some reason.

I just created a new bundle for all of my (non-reverb) tube radio and cassette tape related releases. Here:
http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/cassette ... io-bundle/

jbates
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by jbates » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:42 am

Another fantastic library! I will be using these programs a lot. So much beautiful coloration to play around with. Thank you again!!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cassette Deck 2- Now with skins (update)

Post by Cupwise » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:44 am

i just sent out an update for Cassette Deck 2. The main change is that now there are skins for both N3 and N4! I also rebalanced the harmonics, generally increasing them in level!

Here's a link straight to the CD2 page, where you can see a cool video max also made, showing off his skin and every tape effect.

Here’s the complete change list:

*skins added, graciously provided by Max. for both N3 and N4. THANKS MAX!!!

*harmonics were re-balanced, with odd order hamonics usually being boosted in amplitude, to match the original samples taken from the hardware closer. even order harmonics were generally lowered greatly, because they tend to not show up in the hardware samples.

*odd order harmonics being boosted means that the programs ‘break up’ earlier (at lower level inputs) compared to previous program versions. the effect you get when driving the input really hot, where some programs have crushed high frequencies, will result in much more distortion than in the past due to the input drive being so high. this means that if you liked abusing that behavior for creative purposes, now doing it would result in distortion that’s probably too loud to do it. BUT the higher distortion level is more accurate! HOWEVER- to make up for this, i’ve increased the range of the ‘dist’ control (called ‘drive’ in the skins), from +/- 30dB, to +/- 50dB. so if you really want that behavior, just lower the dist/drive control, which directly lowers the harmonics.

takboo
User Level III
User Level III

Post by takboo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:04 am

Thank You for Huge update with many(30 over on N4)skins.Very useful!
I stick to type "A" double speed samples to enhance dull sources with no EQs.
Especially Scotch XS , Maxell XL.. :D

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:09 am

glad you like max's skins!
yeah i think it worked out nicely how this deck's double speed mode really gave it something different compared to the tascam in CD1, and allows a lot of the programs to be used in different ways, such as enhancers, whereas the CD1 tapes usually always give noticeable high end roll-off.

too bad the BIC t4m deck i bought resorted to eating tapes right after i finished the crazy complex process of installing a new belt! i'm not technically inclined enough with that stuff so i never figured out that issue. but i've had this deck for years, and it also does double speed. got it with the intent of sampling. before it started eating tape i recorded a few songs from my cd copy of Queen, Day at the Races, and it sounded amazing in double speed. even better than the C3. i've thought about looking at it and trying some suggestions someone gave me long ago, or maybe sending it to someone else to look at...