AlexB: S432 Golden Edition

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
AlexB
Expert
Expert

AlexB: S432 Golden Edition

Post by AlexB » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Hi, the S432 Golden Edition released !!!

This release offer better audio performance, improved sound, near zero ripple (+/-0.1dB below 50Hz!), new preset and new skin. Also It's released into all sample rate: 44.1 48 88.2 96kHz comprehensive in the package at the same price.
For this purpose, customers that has bought the previous expansion pack they'll receive a refund soon. Free Upgrade for previous release owners.
I'm glad that all customers pays the same price :)

To achieve this audio improvement I have modified my custom made sampling converters and developed a new personal sampling and programming technique.

SoundTec 432 Vintage Parametric Disk Master eQ
It has been an honor for me to work on this Vintage Parametric Disk Master eQualizer, a wonderful and classic creation by Mr.Burgess Macneal. I have totally refurbished the unit, restoring it to it’s original and beautiful sound, along with two mods done at request by the owner to make it more suitable for Mastering. The original Gain step has been changed from +/-12dB to +/-6dB and an additional High Shelf Filter at the Air Frequency of 16kHz has been added. Now this Holy Grail of equalizers fully expresses sweetness and musicality. It's not colored or necessarily “warm”, but it is subtle, focused, detailed, fast, immediate and extremely natural. The more you listen it, you begin to notice a little something “special” imparted across the audio signal... Simply Beautiful.

At the end the owner has allowed me to sample the unit, so with a lot of care to not damage the delicate circuits. It's not only a matter of banal 0VU = 0,775v but an accurate matching in signal, i/o impedance, filtered power supply, invisible converters and more. Now I'm glad to offer you the sound of this rare marvel for your music production, thanking you for the support that will allow me to keep on developing these programs.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. 44.1 48 88.2 96 kHz sample rate
. Low and High Shelf combo at 50/100Hz and 10kHz +/- 6dB
. Low and High Shelf combo at 50/100Hz and 16kHz +/- 6dB
. Bell Filter from 11Hz to 150Hz +/- 6dB, slope from 5 to 15 dB/oct
. Bell Filter from 150Hz to 1000Hz +/- 6dB, slope from 5 to 15 dB/oct
. Bell Filter from 1kHz to 5.7kHz +/- 6dB, slope from 5 to 15 dB/oct
. Bell Filter from 5.7kHz to 25kHz +/- 6dB, slope from 5 to 15 dB/oct
. Generic new AlexB skin for N3
. Special AlexB skin for N4

Please, check the website and download the user manual
www.alexb.eu

Thank you, all the best ! 8-)
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Shibata

Re: AlexB: S432 Golden Edition

Post by Shibata » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:05 pm

Finally, Alex! Our efforts were not in vain)

AlexB
Expert
Expert

Post by AlexB » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Shibata wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:05 pm
Finally, Alex! Our efforts were not in vain)
I'm sorry but it has happened NOT for the reason you said.

My and YOURS thanks must be addressed to the customers, users, friends and beta testers that has SUPPORTED me by writing via email their thoughts and questions and by pushing me to still in developing despite all these false and technically-poor things written on the forums about me and my work without any respect.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Shibata

Post by Shibata » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:13 pm

I knew you would answer that way.
But it’s me and my friend who started this whole multi-page argument about ripple and chirp at gearslutz, after which RJ wrote to you and you called us ignoramuses with toy analyzers (PD).
We described the problem of the occurrence of truncation due to the short length of the kernels and suggested making it at least 150ms. But all of us only laughed.

After which you wrote that: As said: increasing FREQD made the sound far from the sampled hardware. I'm working in another way to improve the audio quality and suppress the ripple. i.e. not only by calibrate the FREQD but by improving the sampling quality also.
It takes A LOT of time but the libraries will be updated soon.

And after all, Golden Editions libs have a long enough length of the kernels ( 130-150ms ). Yes, there are probably some other improvements, but the main thing is a sufficient length in order to avoid truncation resulting in ripple effect.

So, i'm glad that everything turned out that way, but if not for that fierce argument, everything would have remained the same, is not it?

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:43 pm

This is not the first time that AlexB had ever updated a Library.
Recall the PRO Editions were the 2nd generation.

For years, AlexB set the Standard, and Libraries were praised by near everyone. FACT.

Critics are giving themselves way over credit ... that is the easiest job on the planet.

It's the hard working people that actually create solutions to take things to the next level that
deserve ALL the credit.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Post by vicnestE » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:18 pm

S432 Golden Edition is quite magical.
With one 5k program, the whole music glues better with more pleasing transients.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:35 pm

AlexB recommended setting:

<OFREQD> 11 </OFREQD>
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

Shibata

Post by Shibata » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:35 pm

RJHollins wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:43 pm

For years, AlexB set the Standard, and Libraries were praised by near everyone. FACT.

Critics are giving themselves way over credit ... that is the easiest job on the planet.

It's the hard working people that actually create solutions to take things to the next level that
deserve ALL the credit.
Yes, yes, I know that you protect him. But if we did not get sick of everyone on GS about ripple'n'chirp - there would be no update at all. FACT.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:55 pm

Shibata wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:35 pm
RJHollins wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:43 pm

deserve ALL the credit.
Yes, yes, I know that you protect him. But if we did not get sick of everyone on GS about ripple'n'chirp - there would be no update at all. FACT.
Only from Your ignorant perspective.

I call it Support Our 3rd Party Developers. [unless you believe LESS Developers are better for the Community].

We have seen many Products evolve and upgrade over time. [just consider how many versions of an ACQUA plugin we now have].

This includes AlexB. TimP, Cupwise ... and others.

There can only be a possible upgrade when new insights and techniques come together to make an improvement.

The Acustica technology is groundbreaking ... the evolution/advancements have to be created.

Those are the FACTs.

karl
User Level II
User Level II

Post by karl » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Amazing! I loved the sound of this library before, but the improvement is pretty dramatic. Thanks for putting in the work, Alex! :D

testa
User Level I
User Level I

Post by testa » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:58 pm

thank you so much!!!! :D :D :D :D