Love his libraries, but use workarounds to avoid low end ripple
12%
Used to use his libraries, but not anymore because of low end ripple
53%

Total votes: 34

ce1909

Re: AlexB libraries and low end ripple

Post by ce1909 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:05 am

I stopped using MFC especially, the low end sounds wooly & less defined. Plus one side is louder, image is off.

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Acustica Audio Acqua Coral eq response:

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5E75535D

How is it possible that it supposedly has the same "bass ripple problem" and no Coral user has complained?

This image is of Acustica Audio team

CDSoundmaster Helio* Typ* 69

https://ibb.co/phdwPqS

Same problem, nobody say nothing
Last edited by emilieitor on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:59 pm

"the low end sounds wooly & less defined"

Oh! Yes, of course. Not for my ears.

plexus

Post by plexus » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:08 pm

emilieitor wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:56 pm
Acustica Audio Acqua Coral eq response:

[snip]

Same problem, nobody say nothing
If you can't hear it, great for you. I worry about your audio work however. But, if it works for you, then great. It doesn't work for me, or for 55% of those that have responded to the poll.

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:56 am

emilieitor wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:59 pm
"the low end sounds wooly & less defined"

Oh! Yes, of course. Not for my ears.
Exactly, I found an alternative that sounds better....to my ears.

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Let's see how I tell you, that low ripple has always existed, since the beginning of Nebula years ago, and you come here to tell me that you have just discovered it, and that it only exists in Alessandro libraries, when it is extensible to almost all libraries by All third-party developers.

I have already told you that the "problem" of low ripple has not been corrected by Acustica Audio when it develops Acqua plugins because it is a real stupidity.

To date in the digital world, analog hardware has not been developed 100% the same and this means imperfections in the plugins that do not make them sound bad or that are not usable, because if we compare the harmonic distortion of a real hardware N**e 1073 ...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... s-N**e.jpg

... with which they offer the digital plugins that try to emulate it:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-n9mc ... lugins.jpg

Well, they do not look like anything, not sound the same, soud close and they have imperfections, but this does not make great engineers make use, for example, of decapitator, VEQ3, ... constantly, while amateur beginners are dedicated to analyze them and find that they are not valid because they say that the low end sounds "woody", "sandy", "wandy", ... and other nonsense rather driven by autosuggestion.

So you better dedicate yourself to learn to mix well with the use of plugins, which is what you have to do, instead of wasting your time analyzing VSTs because it is worthless, because everyone is going to have failures, hopelessly.

And I hope that the people of Acustica Audio did not delete the post because threads like this with unjustified criticisms do a lot of damage to third-party developers and their sales, which are already very limited and they have a hard time getting ahead.

plexus

Post by plexus » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:01 am

emilieitor wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:30 pm
Let's see how I tell you, that low ripple has always existed, since the beginning of Nebula years ago, and you come here to tell me that you have just discovered it, and that it only exists in Alessandro libraries, when it is extensible to almost all libraries by All third-party developers.[snip...]
You are welcome to your own opinions. Your opinions are not that of the majority of current Nebula users that concerned about these audible aberrations. They have existed in the past but now there are solutions to fix them. You are welcome to use whatever tools you want, even those that are mediocre. But the rest of us, so far almost 60% of those that replied to the survey, demand better. None of your whining and hand-waving trying to convince us that we should accept the medicrity you accept is going to change our opinion. We see it and we hear it. As you eluded to, we pay good money for those tools and we demand they operate at their optimum - that means NO RIPPLE.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:12 pm

plexus wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:01 am
emilieitor wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:30 pm
Let's see how I tell you, that low ripple has always existed, since the beginning of Nebula years ago, and you come here to tell me that you have just discovered it, and that it only exists in Alessandro libraries, when it is extensible to almost all libraries by All third-party developers.[snip...]
You are welcome to your own opinions. Your opinions are not that of the majority of current Nebula users that concerned about these audible aberrations. They have existed in the past but now there are solutions to fix them. You are welcome to use whatever tools you want, even those that are mediocre. But the rest of us, so far almost 60% of those that replied to the survey, demand better. None of your whining and hand-waving trying to convince us that we should accept the medicrity you accept is going to change our opinion. We see it and we hear it. As you eluded to, we pay good money for those tools and we demand they operate at their optimum - that means NO RIPPLE.
Please provide a Link to that 'Survey'.

thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Andrums » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:58 pm

RJHollins wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Please provide a Link to that 'Survey'.
Scroll to the Top

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:59 am

I do not know if I have explained myself well, the only thing that sounds 100% perfect is class A hardware, its emulations in the digital world have imperfections and are not totally the same, things like a ton of inharmonic content in the plugins are going to exist , but this does not mean that these plugins, despite their defects, ARE NOT USEFUL TO MIX AND MASTERING, as you intend to propose.

I have always known the pros and cons of the sound of Nebula and its libraries which has not prevented me from using Acustica Audio technology as a sound production tool in my own work for years, so if you don't like Nebula or their libraries or the products of Acustica Audio then use other types of plugins from other companies, Waves, Steven Slate, ... that are to your liking and the users of Nebula leave us alone, which seems to be that according to you the people we use This software is either dumb or we are doing something wrong, nothing is further from reality, dear ones.

plexus

Post by plexus » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:58 am

emilieitor wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:59 am
I do not know if I have explained myself well, the only thing that sounds 100% perfect is class A hardware, its emulations in the digital world have imperfections and are not totally the same, things like a ton of inharmonic content in the plugins are going to exist , but this does not mean that these plugins, despite their defects, ARE NOT USEFUL TO MIX AND MASTERING, as you intend to propose.

I have always known the pros and cons of the sound of Nebula and its libraries which has not prevented me from using Acustica Audio technology as a sound production tool in my own work for years, so if you don't like Nebula or their libraries or the products of Acustica Audio then use other types of plugins from other companies, Waves, Steven Slate, ... that are to your liking and the users of Nebula leave us alone, which seems to be that according to you the people we use This software is either dumb or we are doing something wrong, nothing is further from reality, dear ones.
Thanks for the clarificaitons. Of note: It's not that I/we dislike using Nebula, its that we dislike using Nebula programs with low end ripple or any other issues like this that do not sound good. I only use AlexB when I "want" that fat unfocussed wooly low end sound. That is not very often. I'd prefer if the ripple wasn't there because then I'd get way more use out of them. That's it. Initially before analysing what was going on with AlexB programs, I just assumed that their sound and limited my use of them. But now we have evidence that this is a problem and we'd like it fixed. it just makes sense to fix it since there are way to fix it. resisting that makes no sense.

ce1909

Post by ce1909 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:26 pm

As you can Alex is fixing these various issues & releasing new ' Golden Editions'.
Good to see he's listening to us customers. It's been a long time coming. Lots of work involved so I appreciate his efforts.
Hopefully the consoles will be fixed too so I can try MFC again.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Let's hope that AlexB has access to that hardware again.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Shibata

Post by Shibata » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Sweep tones should stay from previous sampling.

plexus

Post by plexus » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:47 am

ce1909 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:26 pm
As you can Alex is fixing these various issues & releasing new ' Golden Editions'.
Good to see he's listening to us customers. It's been a long time coming. Lots of work involved so I appreciate his efforts.
Hopefully the consoles will be fixed too so I can try MFC again.
Yes. Thank you very much to Alex for this. I looking forward to using his libraries to their full potential!