New Cupwise Compressor Release- 4k Crush -New Skin

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

New Cupwise Compressor Release- 4k Crush -New Skin

Post by Cupwise » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Hello again everyone! So I've finished a new compressor. This is nearly the last of a big batch of comps I sampled way back in early 2013. This one is kind of a sister release to the Slick 9k I released way back. I want to point out that I have special bonus programs that allow you to transition between hard and soft knees, which isn't possible with the real hardware. I found myself really strongly preferring settings about half way between the two, for things like kick drums. It's not a subtle thing either!

For this release I also paid special attention to the harmonics, because the samples I took got somewhat saturated with higher amounts of gain reduction, so I really wanted to capture that, which can be tricky with Nebula. I think it came out really well!

http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/4k-crush/

As usual there's a kind of introductory price sale offer for the compressor, which will probably be up for about two weeks. Also, the summer sale I had going on some of my lesser known releases is still going, even though I meant to shut that down by September. But I also really wanted to have this compressor out, so I could mention that sale for one last week in a new thread. So, I'm extending that site-wide sale for one more week. I'll probably also go through and put some of the other items on sale too here in a few hours.
Last edited by Cupwise on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Re: New Cupwise Compressor Release- 4k Crush

Post by SWANG » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:27 pm

Will pick this up. Thanks Tim...

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:00 am

hope you like it swan.

i think i should probably comment about the skin(s). i made them myself. sales have kind of been on a decline, so i didn't feel that i should spend money a skin. so i took the opportunity to do some graphical work myself which i've always wanted an excuse to do because it is fun. it's obviously not skeumorphic in style, and i could have spent extra time to learn some tricks and tried to make it at least look like some kind of hardware, but it would have took more time since graphics aren't really where my skills are. instead i just made something that i thought looked interesting, and still is in my opinion the most important thing- functional. so you should definitely look at the skin before buying, maybe you won't like it, but it is what it is.

just felt like getting that out there since i'm sure it will maybe be a bit eyebrow raising to some, since it's so unusual.

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Hey Tim. Had an issue with this, but it may be user error. Please check your pm, and let me know. Thanks!

KuulArt
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by KuulArt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:49 pm

So any comments on the sound?
I did not see a demo and I am not that familiar with 4k comp sounds so some descriptions/reviews would be nice.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:02 am

sorted!

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:34 am

Hey, Tim! Great work, this is useful!

I just bought this and it's giving me Solid State vibes, highly! I'm used to this sound on rappers like Kendrick Lamar, Eminem and Dr. Dre!
Last edited by antago1 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:52 am

Also, I ran into this problem after installing! I hope you can help!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 7.49.54 PM.png

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:14 pm

you installed the programs meant for using the custom skins, but you didn't install the skins.

you can install the skins if you want, but if you don't want to, you have to make sure to install the programs that are for use without the skins. they're clearly labelled as such in the .zip file with the programs.

so all you'd have to do to fix this situation is either install the skins (read the skin install manual), or go back to the first .zip with the programs, and get the correct programs out of there and install those over the ones you have installed.

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:22 am

The attachment Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 7.19.06 PM.png is no longer available
Cupwise wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:14 pm
you installed the programs meant for using the custom skins, but you didn't install the skins.

you can install the skins if you want, but if you don't want to, you have to make sure to install the programs that are for use without the skins. they're clearly labelled as such in the .zip file with the programs.

so all you'd have to do to fix this situation is either install the skins (read the skin install manual), or go back to the first .zip with the programs, and get the correct programs out of there and install those over the ones you have installed.
By the way, I'm on a 2009 Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

I most definitely installed the skins and the properties. They are in theses folders (images attached). I don't have a problem NOT having a skin for N4, however, another issue is when I installed the version without the N4 skin. It appears to not load any of the library at all and stays in "INIT". I'm not a Nebula noob, as this is the first time this has happened, since 2014. LOL It would be too timely to send video of the installation process, so I'm trying to explain as well as I can.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 7.19.06 PM.png

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:46 am

all i'm seeing is a picture of your vectors folder which seems to have the vectors installed correctly. i also think this kind of problem is best dealt with by email instead of over a forum, since it's probably going to require a bit of back and forth and i dont come here as often as i check my email. so you might want to just email me.. if you don't have my email you can use the contact form at my site. i'm pretty sure there's an issue with your install.

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:20 am

Thanks so much, Tim!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:40 pm

no problem! and believe me, to this day a lot of these little technicalities with having things placed correctly etc still get me too. just the other day i lost probably an hour or half an hour at least, trying to solve some random mystery while working on an update for flucti-mew, and it turned out to be that i hadn't over-written the old vectors with the new ones. that stuff happens to me all the time.

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:40 am

LOL, glad to know! Hey, man! It was great emailing you and getting assistance! I look forward to getting more compressors! 4k crush does what I need and some! Peace, always!

KuulArt
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by KuulArt » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:27 pm

How did you resoslve the issue with the skin not loading?
I just bought this and the new C660 and installed both at the same time. Did all of the usual steps - install vectors, install programs to be used with skins, copy skins and properties to relevant locations.
And the C660 is working properly, meaning the skin is loading, but the 4k crush is skinless - like in the post above. Tried clearing N4 cache, but that did not help.
So maybe there is a solution as antago1 seems to got them working?