Cupwise Summer Sale - Select Releases, Big Discounts

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Cupwise Summer Sale - Select Releases, Big Discounts

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:37 pm

I'm putting some select libraries of mine on sale. Some of them are releases that I think went a bit overlooked (haven't made too many sales), others actually sold well. I've tried to get an assortment of my various categories of releases into this sale, so look through it and see if anything interests you!

Here's what's on sale:

Rayphlex MkII- My first comp release, and one of my biggest sellers to date. I just updated it and I think it now matches my best comp releases in quality. Standard price-$34.00, on sale for $28.00 ($6 off)

Hardwood Floored Rooms- My most recent real spaces reverb release. Standard price-$21.00, on sale for $17.00 ($4 off)

Smack VU- A recent compressor release. Standard price-$35.00, on sale for $30.00 ($5 off)

Mixing Filters 3- A huge assortment of filter shapes sampled from a very cool old passive HP/LP filter unit that is rumored to have been used at Motown and is similar to ones that definitely were. Standard price-$15.00, on sale for $8.00 ($5 off)

Lunchpail- One my best and most versatile compressor releases. Standard price-$38.00, on sale for $34.00 ($4 off)

Plates of Legend III- Gold foil plate. Standard price-$21.00, on sale for $16.00 ($5 off)

Sooper Time Tube- This thing does a really awesome 'doubler' type effect, and there's lots of bonus things in the release too. Standard price-$20.00, on sale for $17.00 ($3 off)

Bee X20- I always thought this release went a little overlooked. Up there with my plate releases, and probably more like them than a typical spring. Standard price-$31.00, on sale for $26.00 ($5 off)

Raybon+Nolard B springs- Two really great, rackmount spring reverb units, both with (limited) sampled EQ control. Just got updated. Didn't sell a lot so it gets a pretty big discount. Standard price-$16.00, on sale for $8.00 (HALF OFF)

Raybon+Wyte Filters- A pretty nice set of HP and LP filters taken from two hardware EQs, and a bonus set of HPs from a consumer grade preamp. Standard price-$14.50, on sale for $9.00 ($5.50 off)

Bawling Brat Wah- Don't really expect the exact results you'd get with a guitar since you can't step on a pedal (obviously), but using the LFOs and envelope followers you can get some really cool filter effects. I put a lot of work into the LFO system used here, it's nice. Barely sold so gets a crazy discount. Standard price-$16.50, on sale for $7.00 (OVER HALF OFF)

Pioneer-SR60 Analog 'Reverbs'- A pretty unique library. Some really great doubling effects to be had here, as well as some interesting pseudo and lo-fi reverb effects. Standard price-$12.50, on sale for $7.00 ($5.50 off)

Plates of Legend Zero- Get a nice plate reverb library for $11 !! Standard price-$15.50, on sale for $11.00 ($4.50 off)

YouRei Notch/BP filters- Can be used for forensic notching, for bandpass filter effects, or even equalization, as adjustable peak boosts/cuts. Very precise control, through the entire audio range. Also has a whole other side, LFO and env effects, using my special LFO system. Standard price-$15.00, on sale for $8.00 (OVER HALF OFF)

Custom Tremolo- Very cool tremolos! Lots of tones/colors. Custom created from many pieces of gear. Standard price-$17.00, on sale for $12.00 ($5.00 off)

Tube Amp EQ+Filter FX- Close in sound to my tube radio releases, but with extended highs and lows compared to most of those. Also, 2 band EQ control! I love the tone of this one. Also comes with a bonus set of wah/filter effects which are good for experimental uses. Standard price-$16.00, on sale for $12.00 ($4.00 off)

Cassette Deck 2- My second cassette deck library. Made from a double speed capable deck, so many of the programs have extended high freq range compared to what's possible on most decks (can be used for more subtle tape sound), but many are also lo-fi and junky sounding. It's great. Standard price-$21.00, on sale for $16.00 ($5.00 off)

Tube FM3- Tube radio reverb effects. Even after all of my plates and echo chambers, etc, this is still one of my favorite reverb products. Check out the audio demo clips. Instant old sounding reverbs. Standard price-$17.50, on sale for $12.00 ($5.50 off)

Tube FM2- Tube radios, captured with microphones. Can be used where you might use guitar amp/cab captures, if you want something more lo-fi. Standard price-$16.00, on sale for $8.00 (HALF OFF)

abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: Cupwise Summer Sale - Select Releases, Big Discounts

Post by abuzaynab » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:34 pm

How long will the sale last Tim?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:42 pm

i'm not sure. at least a week. i'll probably give a warning a day or two before i end it.

abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by abuzaynab » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:59 pm

Cool man, thank you!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:13 pm

8-)

probably worth noting for everyone, that a lot of these prices are lower to significantly lower than the sale prices i've had in the past, which usually take somewhere around 15% off

Gorgol
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Gorgol » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Man those filter libraries are fantastic!

Thanks!

Pretty interested in which comps you have on the -unreleased- shelf.

Still hoping you will do the skin functionality for the C660, even if you do not update that library. But I'm hoping that you will.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:30 pm

it was always the plan to update all of them and i'd still like to, but my new releases get so little attention now, and my updates for older stuff get even less. the *huge* update for rayphlex i just did got some 'thanks' type forum posts but nobody actually commented about the *quality* of the update (besides the skin). the library was completely rebuilt from the ground up but nobody had anything to say about it, even with well over 100 customers getting the update for free. people are busy and nobody owes me those kinds of posts, but they are the kind that generate sales and i had hoped to get a few people say something about the actual compression etc, to generate some attention and sales to cover the cost of the skin.

there still were a few sales after the upgrade (some maybe entirely coincidental), and those sales have put me about $30 short of recouping skin cost. which isn't *too* bad, but i have the feeling that i've been paying jpn much less than the other devs for the skins he does for me. so yeah it starts to get to a point where it's like why do them? and the only real answer i have at this moment is because i would like the updates/skins for myself. but i don't really want to *lose* money (to say nothing of the crazy amount of hours it takes) doing them..

that said, i'm almost surely going to update the smooth 609 at some point soon-ish, because i think i'm going to re-tool the C254 comp skin to work with it. i also have ideas about doing a skin myself, for a 4k channel comp i haven't released yet, and that may be a more simple skin in terms of looks, but based on c254 sales it's not really worth paying for a nicer one. but if i do that i might then also retool that skin for my older 9k comp, and update it as well.

as for c660, i *may* still try to pay jpn to do a skin for that, but i think he's pretty busy lately, and i have doubts that i'll recoup even at the small amount i can afford to pay him. but maybe, since c660 is my most popular comp.

the answer about what comps i have left to release is, i think just 2 more, and probably ones that have already been done a hundred times by other devs. the C254 was the one i thought would get the most hype but it kind of made a tiny plop so i doubt the others will do better. how many 4ks are there already? not sure i want to reveal what the other one is at the moment. again, these were all sampled back around early 2013. so maybe i should've busted my butt to get them all out before the market was flooded with the same model of comps, and made all the moneys, but i just got a bit burned out on doing them and wanted to try to do some other things (like the plates), hoping maybe there was room for interest in something besides comps+eqs in nebula world. to be fair i guess maybe a thing holding reverbs back is the cpu?
Last edited by Cupwise on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:34 pm

on a couple other notes-
anyone else having trouble posting here? i keep getting logged out before i can post...

as for the summer sale:
i think i'm going to keep this going for a while, maybe to the end of summer. i'll probably take some of the more popular items off of there (like the comps) before too long (probably the end of this week) though.

Gorgol
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Gorgol » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 am

Indeed, posting here has become hard. When i have written the message, I'm already automatically somehow logged out of the forum again.

So I write the message, copy it, try to post, re-login, paste the message and immediately post it.

It is the only way I can write something on this forum.
It could also be why there seem to be very little new messages about your superb C254 and other libraries.

Your N3 skin quality switches are how Nebula always should have been.

Cupwise quality is absolutely top-notch and I would not want to be without those libz.
I have Nebula comps from various devs, but Cupwise are my go-to first choices for shaping.

I see the "edit message" button is back on the forum. that is already better than yesterday. Hoping the forum -auto logout before posting- issue will be resolved as well.

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:54 pm

If it helps any, I too can confirm that I use Lunchpail, Smack and 2254 all the time and they are every bit as good as the other Tim who seems to get all the hype. Did he start skinning first?

Also began exploring some of the other libraries like time tube and have not found a dud yet.

tomheavybeats
User Level I
User Level I

Post by tomheavybeats » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:08 pm

I love that Cupwise do more esoteric stuff, I'm less of a mixer so kind of overloaded with EQs and Comps already. Guitar pedals and lofi stuff is what I'm after to make interesting sounds, any more of these in pipeline Tim? I think I understand from previous posts from you though is that these don't make much money unfortunately

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:25 pm

it's fun stuff to do for sure. it's not just the sales, but limitations with nebula just really make it hard to create a presentable product, when dealing with the more experimental things. just one example, i created a really great (imo) system for dealing with LFOs in nebula, ages ago, and could have employed that to make lots of really great phasers and auto-filters etc. but i never did because nebula doesn't allow simple stuff like having a syncable LFO.

it *does* actually, but it's really wonky the way it handles it. you can't have a control that just switches between timings really easily and the user can see what timing settings they have. instead it gives this weird readout where you never know what it's actually synced to. also it doesn't allow you to have a control to switch LFO shapes, and for me that seems like a huge limitation. i think nebula had a lot of other potential avenues that could have been explored more but just never really were, and a lot of times it comes down to really frustrating limitations like that.

in an alternate reality there may have been a nebula where even with N3, there were lots of really cool LFO based libraries put out, and using them would be just as nice and easy as using any common, free vst phaser that offers those basic features. but i'm not going to put out a product if i can't have that basic stuff, so i haven't. that applies to a lot of the other types of things i would've liked to have done with nebula. i think some of my weirder old libraries were largely me experimenting with the engine to see what *was* possible. would've been nice to be able to apply some of those things i learned to more polished/pro products but if i can't have a switchable LFO shape, or sync, or a predelay in a reverb, or etc etc... so yeah it's not *just* the sales for that stuff being bad that's why i won't do that stuff anymore.

that said i *may* one day sample some more tube radios, just because i own several others that i never sampled. not sure i'll do it though.

Gorgol
User Level II
User Level II

Post by Gorgol » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:05 am

Just picked up Lunchpail Compressor after trying the demo and, while the demo is very usable, the full version is so much more, very impressed!

Was very impressed as well with stacking a few pass-through programs of some filters and compressors. It gets much nicer if you have more varietiies of them.
Beautiful.
I like the Lite-switch on the comps when my cpu is clogged.

It would be great with C660. I know I am repeating myself/

Thank you, Mister Cupwise for making N3 so much better.
Again.