C254-E Compressor & Limiter - Cupwise Release - With Free Demo Programs!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX

Re: C254-E Compressor & Limiter - Cupwise Release - With Free Demo Programs!

Post by abuzaynab » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Cupwise wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:36 am
emilieitor wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 pm
Other library of the Ne*e 22*4, the are two libraries more of this hardware. I´ve been waiting libraries of some fundamental compressor like E*pirical Lab* Distress*r about 7 years ago.
i'm really not sure that would be any different even if i were still an official 3rd party developer either.
Hi Tim! Just thinking out loud here:

I see Acustica Audio getting more and more popular every day, Dave pensado and Greg Wells are talking about the plugins online etc. And with the developments in the tech the cpu and workflow is getting better all the time making plugins easier to use which I think will mean it is inevitable that the rest of the audio world will eventually catch on and AA will only increase in popularity.

In light of that i think that being onboard the "official" boat would give developers a great platform/springboard for their products, a better reach into the audio market. And probably a better return.

From what I gather, when you are "officially" onboard you have access to the new tech that gives you the ability to create Acquas with Nebula, as we see with the current "official" libraries.

And as for doing a Distress*r, i know everyone and their grandma has a version now, but as you know they probably won't sound as good as something done with Nebula. Certainly within this community it would be popular, but if it done right i can only imagine word would spread.

I see requests a lot for the Distress*r and also the La2a, 1176 and lots of other classic pieces of gear that already have a ton of algo versions, but that AA themselves don't want to touch for whatever reason. For me because there is a demand for these units, it is an opportunity for folks.

Anyway I don't know the ins and outs, i don't know if this is any of my business, like i said, just thinking out loud here based on what I'm seeing and hearing. Best wishes.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: C254-E Compressor & Limiter - Cupwise Release - With Free Demo Programs!

Post by Cupwise » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:25 pm

thanks for the consideration abuzaynab, and yeah there are a lot of 'ins and outs', and i've actually kind of considered it lately but some aspects aren't up to me.

on another note- there's a tiny update to the C254-E skins:

i saw a couple of little bugs in the skins for c254-e, while working on a skin for a new compressor... so i fixed them and made an update.

this is a simple little update- it fixes a few tiny little 'glitches' in the vu meters in all skins. honestly you probably won't notice the difference. one of the issues is that a few frames of the meter weren't being used, in the area where low amounts of compression are happening (around 3db of gain reduction). so this update adds a bit more resolution (2 frames) in that area. another is that the preamp n4 skin had a misaligned input level vu meter.

both are barely noticeable if you know what to look for and probably not noticeable if you don't. so it's up to you if you want to bother downloading them! all you have to do to install them is replace the old skin files with the new ones. you don't have to worry about any of the other skin related files (the .xmls), or anything else- just replace the old .n2s files with the new ones.

emails were sent out with the download links, to all customers.