Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Mic Locker Nebula library for vocals

Post by emilieitor » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:40 am

This a idea for third-parties.

Maybe is necessary in the Nebula world a Mic Locker library for vocals specially (Neuma** U87, *hure SM7, etc...) . I was study this with Vocaloid voices and work very well the presets of mics included in Nebula comercial libraries that you get when you purchase Nebula, and Henry Olonga presets of mics with option of 20cm of distance, less like 5 cm don´t work well.

It´s incredible the feeling when you work in a mix and you can change the mic of the voice in real time while you are mixing, you can see the difference textures, what mic/s are better for a specific voice in concret, what mic fit better the voice with other instruments, you can use different mics in different songs in a album in you want... the feeling is incredible, really.

This was experimented by me with Vocaloid vocal tracks but in the real world...

In the real world, and after talk about this with Enrique Silveti of Acustica Audio, would be necessary record vocals with a measurement microphone (there are someone with a price of less of 50$, there are very cheap) because they have flat response (and if you use a very clean mic preamp too, better), and after apply to the vocal track recorded with that type of micro a Nebula microphone preset of a Neuma**, Shur*, some vintage ribbon mic, ... you know.

I can only say: I want a Nebula library like this!!

Maiv
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Mic Locker Nebula library for vocals

Post by Maiv » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Modula? :o :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

with microphone and clean preamp ;)

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 pm

I've never tried it, but I felt like Henry Olonga's mic locker would be great with Slate's VMS. Probably better than Slate's own microphone emulations. lol Henry's sampling technique and converter quality is really good!

Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Post by Henry Olonga » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 am

If I can get some time this year I may give it a shot to do some new high resolution microphone samplings. :D

tomheavybeats
User Level III
User Level III

Post by tomheavybeats » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:30 am

Yes please Henry! What happened to your piano samples I read about , any update on them?

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:25 am

You've been away too long, Henry! By the way, your Bricasti AD-DA library is incredible for EFFECTS! An updated microphone locker would be dope! One question, before you decide to get too busy on us...is your microphone locker designed to pair with something like the flat response/"ultra clean" Slate mic?

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Henry, could you make this library of mic locker for vocals, please!?. I just can say that work well your firsts microphones Nebula libraries in 20 cm distance preset, like a a real recording of vocals, I think. 5 cm, 10 cm, ... presets not work well. The last library that you make about a Shur* SM57 don´t work well, maybe so dry and artificial, and not sit in a mix well. The mics of comercial library of Nebula 3 work well too, maybe Mirco made these.