Real Spaces- Hardwood-Floored Rooms

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Real Spaces- Hardwood-Floored Rooms

Post by Cupwise » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:08 am

I just recently got the opportunity to do some sampling in an empty house of a relative who I helped move. While carrying things across the house I noticed the strong reverberant qualities in there, largely due to the (mostly) bare wood floors. I asked, and was allowed to set up in there and take some samples. It was really fun and I think they came out really well! This is probably the quickest I've gone from having an idea for a Nebula thing, and actually releasing it (sampled about a couple of weeks ago).

Two bedrooms were sampled, with similar dimensions, sizes comparable to medium sized echo chambers and with similar results, but definitely unique to my previous chamber releases due largely to the wood floors I believe. I did another reverb setup going across a few rooms of the house, with the two mics in different rooms. Check the page for more info and check out the audio demos. If you haven't bought any of my chamber releases but are interested in this stuff, I think this would be a good one to start with.

These also have lower CPU use than probably any or at least most reverbs I've put out in the past 5yrs.

http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/hardwood-floored-rooms/

pipamail
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Real Spaces- Hardwood-Floored Rooms

Post by pipamail » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Great library :D
Thanks Tim!

emilieitor
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by emilieitor » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 am

A Nebula library about the reverb of a cavern, a house, a bedroom... maybe this is a stupid question, but: is possible the reverb of vocal room, tracking room... of a real recording studio?. Because I´ve been using Nebula about years and I have something like the reverb of a theater, but nothing about reverbs of tracking rooms of recording studios, this is not logical, it´s incredible for me.

But everybody knows that the first album of the Velvet Underground was recording in a loft and the recording rooms of Sound City Studioa were warehouses, ups!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:49 pm

pipamail wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:50 pm
Great library :D
Thanks Tim!
thanks, glad you like it
emilieitor wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:54 am
A Nebula library about the reverb of a cavern, a house, a bedroom... maybe this is a stupid question, but: is possible the reverb of vocal room, tracking room... of a real recording studio?. Because I´ve been using Nebula about years and I have something like the reverb of a theater, but nothing about reverbs of tracking rooms of recording studios, this is not logical, it´s incredible for me.

But everybody knows that the first album of the Velvet Underground was recording in a loft and the recording rooms of Sound City Studioa were warehouses, ups!
it's not like echo chambers are some crazy unheard of reverb source. ever heard of the beatles? but yeah what you ask would be possible. a vocal booth is usually designed to minimize reverb so they can apply whatever they want later. a nice tracking room would be just as possible as any other room or space, but is it going to sell enough to make back the money I put into it? or some profit? will it be worth my time?

edit- just wanted to clarify that i wasn't trying to be rude with this post, but the point i was trying to make is that i did this library because it was free to me (as i explained, i got a chance to go into a relative's empty house and get some samples). the echo chambers 1 and 2 releases were at an expense which the sales made up but didn't really go very far into profitable (not even counting my time). if people weren't that interested in echo chambers, i just really doubt that they'd be *significantly* more interested in something like a tracking room, such that i would make a decent profit by doing those. interest in this stuff just isn't there.

i had a studio lined up to do a nearby church, some rooms in the studio (including tracking rooms), another echo chamber, and a big metal tank, and i think even a stairwell, at a cost of $900. i had hoped that sales of the echo chamber releases (and then this release) would do better than they did, and i would have put some of the return money towards those additional samples. it's just not worth it anymore. honestly expected this library to at least sell *some*, but nebula really seems to be drying up lately. but fwiw i still had fun sampling the house (and got to catch up on some reading!) so it was a worth-while experience for me.
Last edited by Cupwise on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 pm

to try to spur a few sales of this release i'm going to offer a deal for a while, where if you buy this, i'll send you a 1 time use coupon code for $12 off of any other library (not including bundles) of your choice. it won't expire, so you can use it whenever.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri May 04, 2018 4:05 pm

just a heads up, i'm going to end this offer (for the bonus code for future use of 12 dollars off) soon. keep in mind that right now i also have the 14% off sale (check the plates 4 thread for the code), so you could use that to get this library, then get another $12 off for future use. when the 14% off sale ends is when this deal will also be over.