Cupwise release- Smack VU Compressor (buy now and get Furverb1 for free!)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- Smack VU Compressor

Post by Cupwise » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 pm

yes it's a really nice skin! I've updated the product downloads, so they include the N4 skin now. I'm also sending out emails to the people who have already bought, with the skin and update for the programs (i had to make a change to the programs to get the skins to work).

in other news, I've also just updated my Limited Time Bundle, so that it includes this release (SmackVU), and my second real space/echo chambers release (Chambers of Doom). So you can buy both of those together for a nice discount!
Limited Time Bundle | Cupwise FX

This will probably be up until I release another major product, which will then be in the bundle (which could be months).

slybkine
User Level I
User Level I

Post by slybkine » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Nice compressor and nice skin but I have a problem with the reduction meter of the skin, it never moves (it seems to be connect to the attack button).

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:22 pm

thanks for the notice! just found out that i somehow got my program batches mixed up. i had to update the programs for the meter to work, but apparently i sent out the old programs and kept the new updated ones to myself! :oops:

just sent out links to everyone, with the working programs.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 pm

i think i'm going to pull down the new years discount code sale this weekend. probably tomorrow!

slybkine
User Level I
User Level I

Post by slybkine » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Cupwise wrote:thanks for the notice! just found out that i somehow got my program batches mixed up. i had to update the programs for the meter to work, but apparently i sent out the old programs and kept the new updated ones to myself! :oops:

just sent out links to everyone, with the working programs.

Cool thank you ! :)

I have a question, to be more closer to the hardware, should we use the program "pass-through" after the compressor program ?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:20 pm

nah you don't need to do that. you *could* render with the lite version of smack vu and follow that up with the pass through, to get the harmonics. but the best possible result will always be to use the SHQ version of the comp for rendering (without the pass-through, unless you want extra color). especially if you're using high levels of compression, which will give you higher levels of harmonics (if using full or SHQ, as lite has no harmonics. and remember SHQ has 2 extra harmonic sets than full) than the pass through will ever give (even if you boost the trim control as far as you can without overloading nebula).

so basically, the comp programs (full and shq) give you the harmonics that are accurate to what's actually happening with the compression itself. higher amounts of compression = higher harmonics. a pass through couldn't adjust that way since it's a completely separate thing.

slybkine
User Level I
User Level I

Post by slybkine » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:27 pm

Ok thank you :)

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:41 pm

New update. I've sent out the links to everyone who bought so you should have it by now if you own this compressor.

JPN has finished his Nebula 3 skin for SmackVU! It's really nice looking, and it allows you to switch between lite, full, and SHQ versions with a single click, without the control settings getting reset, which normally happens when switching programs in Nebula. So it makes switching to full or SHQ before rendering very easy. You can also switch between both sample rate versions.

The updated programs/vectors are fully backwards compatible with the old ones so you don't need to worry about your saved projects not loading.

The programs and vectors are both also updated. So even if you don't care about the N3 skin, you should download this update. All you need to do to update is replace the old programs and vectors with the new ones. You should probably also delete everything in your 'temp' folder in your nebula install location.

The updated programs/vectors have changes to the harmonics. Previously they were too low in level, now they're where they should be. They're still very quiet as with the hardware. Another change only affects anything when large amounts of compression are happening. Previously the harmonics didn't respond correctly in that situation, now they do.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:46 pm

also-
my website is down. i'm working on it.

rods
User Level VI
User Level VI

Post by rods » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 pm

The SOUND, the skin and the new possibilities are amazing!
The Nebula experience is getting better and better.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:57 pm

for a limited time I'm going to have a deal up, which bundles this release with my latest spring reverb- Furverb!. The deal is that if you buy SmackVU, you get that release for free! So check that out if you're interested in SmackVU.

http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/limited-time-bundle/

rods wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:42 pm
The SOUND, the skin and the new possibilities are amazing!
The Nebula experience is getting better and better.
thanks!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- Smack VU Compressor (buy now and get Furverb1 for free!)

Post by Cupwise » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 pm

i've sent out the furverb to the few people who have already bought Smack VU at full price (without using the new years discount code or the bundle with the echo chamber), since i'm now giving furverb away with smackVU basically. i was going to do this originally, when i put furverb up for sale and created the new deal, but i got a bit lazy. someone asked at gearslutz about it so i did it now.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:32 pm

just updated this library and sent out links to the update, but you only need the update if you use Nebula 3 pro or lower. You don't need it if you use Nebula 3 server, or N4.

It's been brought to my attention that the meters don't work in the custom N3 skin, when using Nebula 3 pro (almost surely also true for any version of Nebula below that one also). It works fine in Nebula 3 server and N4. The reason is because acustica updated Nebula a while back, adding two additional FUN slots, FUN9 and FUN10. You can't see them by going into 'edit' and 'fun', but they are in there, and can be used by devs. The problem is they didn't add them into any Nebula versions below Nebula 3 server in rank. So if any dev actually uses those funs, their programs won't function correctly in Nebula 3 pro. I was unaware that those FUNS weren't added to all Nebulas and just assumed they were safe to use, and wouldn't break compatibility with some older versions of Nebula (I'm not really complaining about this, just explaining why I have to update smackvu again. it would be nice to be able to use the extra funs but i don't really *need* them). My gain reduction meter code was using FUNs 9 and 10, hence why it wasn't working in Nebula 3 pro.

This update fixes that.

abuzaynab
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by abuzaynab » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:12 am

The Furverb is amazing! It has such a lovely and authentic sound, adds that analog vibe to anything it touches, especially if you are into that Jamaican Dub sound, classic! I have a few Nebula spring libraries, but this one really shines for me! I was so impressed i made a video of all the programs: https://youtu.be/DhQrU1GQVvg Thanks for such an awesome library Tim! Much appreciated!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:02 pm

glad you like it, and thanks a lot for doing the video (i'll check it out here in a bit)! i have a few dub albums, i can't claim to be hugely into it but i LOVE king tubby meets rockers and all of the lee perry ones i have, and i have a few scientist ones also. i love that stuff but only got into it more recently in life (about 10 years ago?) so i'm not super knowledgeable or anything. but it's really great stuff, and i love all of the tones in the delays and reverbs they got.

at some point i'm going to release another spring library with 2 more springs, one being the space xpander, which people always say tubby used a lot. i think it's impossible to say my samples will sound exactly (or even necessarily close) like the sound he got since the spring tank itself has a lot to do with the sound and probably most space xpanders out there are using replacement tanks by now, i would guess, so probably no 2 sound exactly alike. so it's really just a tube amp for driving a spring tank in the end. still though, it should be nice for that old spring sound. the other spring i'm bundling with it is from an old pioneer tube driven spring unit that was for home stereo use and i think it was maybe my favorite sounding spring while i had it. i haven't made the programs from it yet so i hope they come out like i remembered. that thing sounded awesome, and had that old dusty tone all over it (which i thought made it perfect for bundling with the xpander).