ReelVerb-1 Cupwise FX release

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

ReelVerb-1 Cupwise FX release

Post by Cupwise » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:34 pm

A new, high quality reverb release, made from a great modern rack-mounted spring reverb. There's also a junky spring bonus.

10 reverbs were made with the 'ReelVerb-1' hardware, using various combinations of settings. Check the site or manual for more info there.

JPN did a nice N4 skin!

check it out here:
http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/reelverb1/

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Re: ReelVerb-1 Cupwise FX release

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Congrats with the release! I really like that you put up audio demos, and was astonished by the sound of the classic guitar - it sounds really nice ;)

Is it possible to use the N4 skin in Nebula 3?
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 [email protected] 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:23 pm

uh, i believe that technically it may be possible to use it as an n3 skin also. but i don't think i'm going to support it because it would require you to set up 4 separate copies of the N3 .dll/.xml files, and personally i don't really see that as something i want to be asking people to do in the manual. setting up n3 skins is more complicated and i'm of the personal opinion that it's not really worth it to have 4 'new plugins' set up just to have the skins for each different ReelVerb program.

i've been making a conscious effort to minimize any complexities in my manuals, including updating old libraries in ways where i can actually remove some of the nebula setup .xml editing that i asked users to do in the manuals in the past (like removing the look-ahead setting change in my latest flucti update), because i know some people get a bit confused or rattled by having those kinds of instructions in there, and i never liked asking people to do that kind of thing anyway.

so here i don't think it's something i want to be asking people to do, because i don't see it as worth-while to clutter up your plug-in list in your DAW with 4 separate 'reelverb1 plugins'. not to say the skins aren't nice, but they wouldn't offer any additional functionality and would take more effort to set up (than using them as n4 skins). i think all of the n3 skins i've put out so far have the buttons/switches that allow you to switch between the different programs, which allow you access more things from one GUI (like with my comps), so there it's worth doing. here i didn't think i could set something like that (the switches) up.

but i think technically it might be possible for you to use them as standard N3 skins if you really wanted. if you want to try it and report back here about whether it worked or not, feel free. but i can't promise it will for sure (and like i said, i can't really 'support' it in the sense that i'm not going to encourage it in the manual, or here, beyond saying that it may or may not be possible to do).

sorry for the really long answer, i just wanted to explain my reasoning.

dagovitsj
Expert
Expert

Post by dagovitsj » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:46 pm

Totally understand that, Cupwise! Thanks for your thorough answer. I have to wait a while before I jump on in getting this library - spent a lot the last days....!

But I'll report back if I have some useful info to share ;)

Best
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 [email protected] 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |

rossharvey
User Level X
User Level X

Post by rossharvey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:44 am

Demos sounds very good, might nab this. Cheers!

wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by wagz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:56 am

Cupwise, is this library based on the newer "D" version?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:24 am

to be honest, i'm not sure

wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by wagz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:43 am

Cupwise wrote:to be honest, i'm not sure
No problem. Just wondering because I recently read an interview in which the designer mentioned upgrading the original version. (Assuming this is what I think it is.)
rossharvey wrote:Demos sounds very good, might nab this. Cheers!
I'm thinking about it, too.

plexus
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by plexus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Congrats Tim. very nice sounding reverb. Nice price too.

plexus
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by plexus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:51 am

Oh my these are great reverbs. the quality of the "reelverb" is amazing. sounds great. and I love the sproing of the SA-700!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:57 am

thanks plex!
glad you like it.
yeah the RA700 one is just something i happened to have. I think i bought that for the sampling guide i did for sound on sound, and the actual unit i got, i think was in bad shape or something, and probably sounded a little junkier than it's supposed to. but i thought it might make a cool little bonus for this release.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:01 am

just sent out (email) a tiny but important update fixing an issue with N4, to everyone who bought this.

grabie
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by grabie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:46 am

thank you

RE301

Post by RE301 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Sounds gRreeaaaAt! ..... insta buy!

Thanks for keeping up the R&D / releases!..awesome..

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:45 pm

glad you approve!
ive had the ReelVerb1 programs actually done and working for probably ~2 yrs now. had them sampled back with the plates of legend plates. all i had to do was make a few tweaks to the programs to update them a bit, before releasing. i think i'm going to try to clear up my 'backlog' for a while. :lol: