Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
SWANG
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by SWANG » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 pm

as will i. tim's pol libraries are on all of my mixes. i haven't gotten into chambers yet (software-wise) so i'm curious and anxious to test these.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:05 pm

Put this into a mix that was almost finished today and it sent a set of BGVs over the top. Great work with this, Tim. Honestly, I think you've found an incredible niche and I hope people purchase these libs like crazy and give you impetus to go sample more chambers. You're the king of this space as far as I'm concerned.

Mark
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:09 pm

probably not going to happen. echo chambers 1 got less sales in over 3 months than flucti-mew got in a week. (EC2 is much worse so far)

the only way i'd ever pay to do any more is if i saw a really great chance/deal that didn't cost me too much (or got me multiple spaces at the same time), and if i put out *something* that at least does OK and gets me a decent profit, which i could consider throwing at more spaces (and not expect to recoup). possible but not likely.

Will The Weirdo
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Will The Weirdo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:03 am

Tim, N4 is the future. You'll may also want to team up with AA as Aquarius will soon have the ability to sell N4 libraries directly within Aquarius, thus reducing the need to go outside Aquarius for any N4 or Acqua purchase.

Very soon every Nebula or Acqua user will have to run Aquarius for all updates, libraries, and demo's.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

ryancost
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by ryancost » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:52 am

I haven't purchased N4 yet because I was waiting until it can stack multiple programs - for instance I would love to use TimP's Gyrator all in one instance. Or TimC Hycor filters, which I love. That would motivate more of us to purchase N4. For the last few years that's supposed to have been the main benefit of the coming N4...?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:47 am

Will The Weirdo wrote:Tim, N4 is the future.
these programs work in n4 and n3.
Will The Weirdo wrote: You'll may also want to team up with AA as Aquarius will soon have the ability to sell N4 libraries directly within Aquarius, thus reducing the need to go outside Aquarius for any N4 or Acqua purchase.
i think we have entirely different outlooks. all due respect, mine is based on making and selling (in some cases trying to sell) libraries for 7 years, to customers who knew when they bought nebula, that they could just keep using the programs that come with it, or they would have to seek out a 3rd party dev if they wanted something else. aquarius might make it a little more convenient for them, but if they didn't want to buy something in the past, they still won't. i also have to wonder what kind of cut acustica will take out of sales to have my stuff in that store, and just like i doubt your prediction that n4 skins will bring me lots more sales (the only comp i've ever released with an n4 skin did *much* LESS sales than any previous comp btw), i doubt being in that store will get me lots more or even enough to make up for the cut they take. maybe i'm wrong, and i'll probably look into it more eventually. but i think it's probably different for each dev too. maybe it'd work out for another dev but i don't think that means it necessarily would for me.

in any case, maybe i just can't help but be skeptical of the idea that after 7 years, anything could cause my sales to surge, *now*. you might as well be asking me to believe in the tooth fairy.
Will The Weirdo wrote: Very soon every Nebula or Acqua user will have to run Aquarius for all updates, libraries, and demo's.
or they could just get the updated library from me directly. unless you're saying that i can't sell libraries to those people any more unless i am in aquarius? if that's the case i'd probably just quit. but i'm doubting this is really the case?
ryancost wrote:I haven't purchased N4 yet because I was waiting until it can stack multiple programs - for instance I would love to use TimP's Gyrator all in one instance. Or TimC Hycor filters, which I love. That would motivate more of us to purchase N4. For the last few years that's supposed to have been the main benefit of the coming N4...?
i thought that was supposed to be the main improvement too. as it is, i gotta be honest, i'm not even sure really what the difference is besides n4 having a new interface. actually the other main thing was, i thought i would be able to have multiple programs contained in one skin, which would've allowed me to create stuff a little more complex. and i've been told i can't do that either. so i don't know.

plexus

Post by plexus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 pm

I agree with you TimW. The whole "store" model is just a capitalist cash grab a la Apple. So many devs have pulled their products from the App Store because of many issues including the giant cut they take. I think the App Store works for Apple in terms of making more money but the Apple customer base is quite different than the AA Nebula customer base in terms of size and market reach.

Keep on doing what you are doing because what you are doing is working well. I pretty much have all your libraries because they are out-of-the-box ideas that are very useful and musical.

If AA made it so that you could only buy N4 programs from their store, well, I'd probably quit too. That is not a soultion to any kind of customer problem, but rather just a way to make it harder on both customers and devs. And, AA can't even create and maintain a good user experience - imagine what an AA store would be like! eesh.

N4 sounds amazing and thanks to AA for creating the technology, but the UX sucks and so do all the bugs that ultimately prevent me from using N4 in a lot of cases.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:42 pm

well, i don't know, maybe the store is a good thing, or would be for some devs. all i meant is that for me i have doubts it would be. i think most of the stuff i put out besides comps, is kind of weird or unusual and it has usually been a hard sell. the last thing at all that i put out that i'd call a success (100 sales) has been plates of legend 1. reverbs are a hard sell probably partly because of increased cpu use. and i'm sure there are other reasons for my other stuff that didn't do too well.

if you stray too far from the kind of typical 'studio gear' (particularly EQs and comps) paradigm that's been established with nebula libraries, it seems less likely to do well. and i just don't think having my stuff on that store would change that. plus acustica would then be getting a cut of any sales there were. which i would have no problem with if it actually resulted in more sales, but for me i don't think it would. perhaps i'm wrong, but i've been doing this for 7years so i'd think if there were a big market for what i'm doing i would've found it by now. like i said, the people who bought nebula always knew they had to go looking for 3rd party devs to find stuff. i have to assume most of them put that small effort in at some point, and bought what they wanted.

plexus

Post by plexus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:49 pm

I am surprised that more people don't get your non-EQ-and-comp products because they are excellent creative tools! Your filters, radios, tapes, reverb and delay models are all excellent and essentials in my tool box at least.

I just happened on your online store when exploring what 3rd party libraries were available. I was blown away! I mean, an entire library of cassette tape models! That in itself has been very useful to me. And the filters and radios!

I guess audio people don't want to deviate too much from the middle of the road. EQs and comps. Their loss.

To all you Nebula users out there, check out Cupwise! Trust me, grab a radio, filter and cassette library to add to your repetoir - you'll find you use them to get textures and tones otherwise unavailable with other tools out there.

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Bought it!

Gonna try this now.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:37 pm

thanks plexus :)
hope you enjoy the library gus_vccs (and everyone who bought)

RainbowSix
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by RainbowSix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 pm

totally looking forward to cassette tape 2 revision!!

RE301

Post by RE301 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 pm

The audio demo 'Sandman's Den' on electronic drums sounds fantastically good, so organic...

I feel very grateful for these acoustic space releases you are coming out with & think it (still) is a really exciting direction with endless possibilities - hope you will keep up the R&D not get discouraged!

fastersound
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by fastersound » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:14 pm

Deciding between this or Chambers of Myth. This set has the larger of the chambers, right?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:33 pm

thanks RE301!
fastersound wrote:Deciding between this or Chambers of Myth. This set has the larger of the chambers, right?
yeahhh i think in cubic feet, based on the estimates i got from the studios, these 2 are slightly larger than the previous 2, and that probably does come across in the sound, a little.
RainbowSix wrote:totally looking forward to cassette tape 2 revision!!
i'm really eager to see how the same kind of improvements done to CD1 come out with CD2 also. unfortunately the process ended up being a little bit more tricky with cd2, so one of the key steps will take a lot more time than it did with cd1. so i kind of sat that aside for a little bit and started updating another library of mine, Cassetteverb. That update is coming along pretty good, I would even say it's probably mostly done after just a couple days messing around with it (but I have a few other ideas I might experiment with). After I get that done and sent out I'll go back to CD2, but I'm also working on what I hope will be my next release, too (a stereo flanger, which may or may not turn out well... might have to scrap it, but hopefully not).