Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 am

Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by Cupwise » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:41 am

Two more awesome chambers sampled extensively, for use with Acustica Audio's Nebula. There are 31 different, unique reverbs altogether, contained in just 3 programs. So you have a 'select' control to switch between the 10-11 reverbs in each program. Both were sampled with the door into the chamber closed and open, with open producing slightly less dense reverbs with slightly faster decays.

Also, besides standard sampling of the chambers, I used my 'bionic' technique, which involves running the sampling tone sweeps through the chamber at faster and slower speeds (it's a little more involved but that's the basics), producing end results like having the chamber reverbs 'pitched' up and down. Meaning, the frequency response of the chamber is shifted up or down, including any and all resonances. It also shortens or lengthens the decay. These alternate versions sound awesome and give you a lot of variety.

Chambers of Doom | Cupwise FX

There's a new limited time bundle including this new Chambers of Doom release, and my last compressor release, Lunchpail Comp. It takes $11 off of the total price, for around a 19% discount. Check that out here:

Limited Time Bundle | Cupwise FX

oh, and i wanna point out that the new bundle deal also means you can get this new chamber release at a 15% discount if you already bought the Lunchpail comp in the past. all you have to do is email me (directly or through the contact for at my site) to request that and I'll set it up.

Will The Weirdo
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:15 am
Location: On the lake
Contact:

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by Will The Weirdo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Hey Tim, any N4 skins with these new chambers?
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

Cupwise
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by Cupwise » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:31 am

no not at the moment. i would've had a picture of the skin or mentioned it on my site. do you or does anyone know anyone willing to do skins for me for libraries as payment? because i can't afford to pay someone to do skins for libraries like this, that hardly anyone cares about (lately this applies to everything i'm releasing).

this thread has been here all day and you're the only one to post in it. the stuff i'm doing, for whatever reason(s), just isn't getting the same kind of attention as other stuff out there. and that's ok. but if i spent a couple hundred bucks on a skin so you'd have something else to look at besides nebula's already perfectly functional skin, that's a couple hundred dollars *more* that i'd be in the red with this project (my expenses for chambers 1 and 2 together came to ~$1000, which i haven't recouped yet but expect i will eventually).

as far as i know, there's one guy (JPN) doing skins for free, for myself (which i greatly appreciate) and other devs. maybe there is someone else doing skins, but i don't know. i can't expect to get skins made by him for all of my stuff. i've asked in the community if anyone else can do skins, multiple times, no response. to me, that's ok. but for someone who needs something else to look at besides nebula's default skin, maybe just forget about my stuff and go to the other devs who somehow do get skins for everything. because i don't know how. i have no idea how to do that. i've asked, i've tried to figure things out, i don't know. if it involves paying someone, that's out of the question for me, because i also don't know how to get many sales either. so i gave up on it. i can only do so much myself ya know?

this isn't whining either, this is just a factual explanation since you've asked about this twice. this is why there's no skin. BUT it is in the realm of possibility that i eventually do figure something out and get some skins for this or other of the libraries in my back catalogue. i have made a skin before myself (unreleased, for tubeFM1), and have dabbled in graphics. MAYBE one day i decide to spend some time just doing some skins for a while, for my older releases (i've thought about this). but i would have to get in the mood to do it. i do this because it's fun.

Dogbite
User Level VI
User Level VI
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by Dogbite » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:49 am

Free hugs! Free hugs!

:lol:

xxx

bukarin
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by bukarin » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:15 pm

I'm defo going to check these out. From the audio demos the character seems very real and defined!

I used to use Altiverb all the time (in commercial studios) but have never purchased it because of its high price. Have you you thought about sampling some studio rooms and churches? I'd love a decent big sounding room in Nebula. Is the process of running the test tones difficult or similar to Altiverb?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by Cupwise » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Dogbite wrote:Free hugs! Free hugs!

:lol:

xxx
heh, i mean, i really wasn't trying to come off like a whiner, but just to explain that i can't see logistically how i can justify doing skins.

i'm OK with how much sales i get and what i make from this stuff money wise. i'm not bitter or upset or anything. i sometimes feel like there should be more but i don't know how to improve that and i'm not sure i really could. but one thing i am almost 100% sure of, is that doing skins would not bring me a horde of new customers or increase my sales significantly if at all, beyond 3-4 people. so far only one person has even been vocal about it. if the idea of sampled echo chambers, and seeing the pictures of the cool chambers isn't enough to entice someone, i don't think in the vast majority of cases a custom skin will. how does a custom skin for echo chambers look anyway? how do you thematically say 'echo chamber' with a skin?
bukarin wrote:Have you you thought about sampling some studio rooms and churches? I'd love a decent big sounding room in Nebula. Is the process of running the test tones difficult or similar to Altiverb?
yeah i have thought about it. i have contacts with several studios that i could do more chambers and other spaces with, but it'd cost money (obviously). one offered for me to do their studio rooms, chamber, stairwell, a nearby church, and a big metal water tank, but they wanted about what i spent at 4 studios for Echo Chambers 1+2. EC1 sales haven't quite been good enough to really justify dropping that kind of money on more spaces. but i've still kind of been trying to subconsciously talk myself into it, i think.

i also had a few that said they'd do it for free (even though i offered money), some with really really cool looking spaces, but unfortunately those just ended up being a tease :x and fell through with no explanation. i did get one studio to do a stairwell used as a make-shift echo chamber for me, but i don't know if or when i'll release that since i don't know if it'll be good enough on its own. if i get something else done to pair with it...

i imagine it's pretty similar to sampling for altiverb, but just a little more involved since you have dynamic steps (so the tones take longer to record).

User avatar
markgalup
Expert
Expert
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by markgalup » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks for your continued innovations, Tim. Honestly, your effects are my favorite in Nebula land and I think you’ve pioneered some really amazing sounds.

Regarding Chambers, the fact of the matter is that you dominate this space. It is invaluable to me to have Nebula-quality acoustic echo chambers for mixing - a totally different texture and effect by far from any other verb I’ve tried. IMHO, I could care less about skins - I always use the default Nebula one anyhow.

I’ll be purchasing later today and putting into a mix and I’ll report back with my thoughts.

Cheers and thank you for your good work, I surely appreciate it.

Best,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

User avatar
botus99
Expert
Expert
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by botus99 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:08 pm

Haven't tried out the new chamber, but bought it blind because I REALLY like your first chamber set. Can't wait to try it out! Sure, skins would be great, but that will NEVER deter me from buying a library. My eyes suck anyway, and the sound is what's important to me.

Tim, you're one of the kings! I hope your throne isn't getting crusty and rusty, because I can't wait for more real rooms from you, assuming that's your plan for world domination :twisted:
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by musicforlife » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:15 am

cmon man your stuff is amazing is sad that you guys dont get more return and i mean money wise...

nebula still rules as analog flavor in spades...

i just want more guitar related stuff man...

somethung like sample the preamp tube section from vintage amp heads...

or some cabs... i normally use ownhammer but more folks should do this stuff abd i mean...YOU...

lol... didnt get this one yet since i bought a new axe ...this month im short on money...

Cupwise
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by Cupwise » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:11 pm

musicforlife wrote: lol... didnt get this one yet since i bought a new axe ...this month im short on money...
haha. look i dont want anyone thinking about buying stuff they dont really need or can afford to support me or anything like that. i was just stating facts.


i still have a lot of unreleased stuff on my hard drive from years of sampling (4 or so comps, some more spring reverbs, a flanger, some preamps, a nice EQ unsampled but i might do HP/LP from it, maybe some other things i'm forgetting... and i've been thinking about sampling my eurorack HP/LP filters with some switchable freq positions for mixing use, no resonance). so there will still be some more releases.
musicforlife wrote: i just want more guitar related stuff man...

somethung like sample the preamp tube section from vintage amp heads...

or some cabs... i normally use ownhammer but more folks should do this stuff abd i mean...YOU...
see that's an example of a project that *seems* like a good idea. *everyone* has ideas for things i or someone should do with nebula, and they seem like great ideas. but it'd take a LOT of time and money to do that right (plus yeah ownhammer already did a bunch... i never got all of those but have no reason to believe they weren't good). maybe it still could be successful, and maybe some other dev could do it and it'd blow up real big and people would love it.

but when *i* see an idea like that right now i just see lots of time (LOTS), money, and it getting not 1/10th the attention it'd need to really justify doing it. this isn't me being depressed or bummed out or anything. it's based on years of experience doing this and recent trends. i see an amp release of mine, with the same kind of effort i put into all of my releases, getting maybe 40 sales and losing lots of money. (this is all besides the fact that i think nebula limitations probably would really hurt a release like that)

but yeah, it is a cool idea
maybe acustica will do an acqua

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by musicforlife » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:31 pm

well i like to support developers..and have no problem with that.. even if you dont want folks to buy even if they dont need...

is sad that you think guitar related programs are good but not good enough to create...

personally im tired to see another compressor release another eq... always this type of stuff...

is hard to see something different... than someone will tell me a big secret... they create another compressor because more folks will buy...

really? ....

well i hope to see more guitar stuff... but all the folks dont get the excited as i do... sad..but true

anyway i enjoy your programs and hope you get more money... just to help into the development of more stuff and maybe something more creative...or something that have few releases...

not another compressor ....LOL...LOL...LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

wjmwpg
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by wjmwpg » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:58 pm

I understand what you're saying, and agree to a degree, but I really think that the compressors being offered recently by TimC and TimP have truly raised the bar of ITB compressors. Did we need another 1176? I didn't think so until TimP dropped U76. And these offerings are especially appreciated when they tackle hardware comps that haven't already been emulated to death, like TimC's LunchPail.I love the LunchPail (kick monster) and will greet any new TimC comps with open arms!

musicforlife
User Level IV
User Level IV
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by musicforlife » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:39 am

wjmwpg wrote:I understand what you're saying, and agree to a degree, but I really think that the compressors being offered recently by TimC and TimP have truly raised the bar of ITB compressors. Did we need another 1176? I didn't think so until TimP dropped U76. And these offerings are especially appreciated when they tackle hardware comps that haven't already been emulated to death, like TimC's LunchPail.I love the LunchPail (kick monster) and will greet any new TimC comps with open arms!
this is a cupwise tread... dont say other developer name

LOL LOL LOL :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i got your point the thing is that im tired of same "league" releases.... comp ..eq com ..eq comp ..eq

Cupwise
Expert
Expert
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by Cupwise » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 am

musicforlife wrote: is hard to see something different... than someone will tell me a big secret... they create another compressor because more folks will buy...

really? ....
i totally get that, being bored by compressors (more than you can imagine i get that). but the answer is a big fat YES. compressors are pretty much the only thing i've ever released that lots of people actually cared or talked about. compared to that many or most of my releases (out of like 40) went almost nowhere. with some exceptions, and those that did still do ok didn't even begin to approach something like my more popular comps. it's night and day. lunchpail didn't do so well though so i'm kind of taking that as writing on the wall. but like i said i still have 4-5 comps already sampled for 5yrs now so those will probably come out anyway.

(should prob point out that i do still enjoy doing the comps, but they are more of a slog to do and feel a lot more like work, because there's a lot more involved. which is why i haven't put out all of the ~10 or so i sampled in early 2013 yet. but i don't *hate* comps or anything)

Martinez
Member
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Cupwise Nebula release- Chambers of Doom

Post by Martinez » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:41 am

I will be buying these. They sound absolutely freaking amazing!

Post Reply