AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
User avatar
markgalup
Expert
Expert
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by markgalup » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Alex and others - sounds like this is a huge improvement to me. Much more 3D, seemingly extremely low THD sound, just exalting the tones I already had going to a beautiful extreme. The feelings and words that came to my mind was that it allowed the elements of the mix to be bigger, yet each have more of their own spaces, and it made sounds just more comfortable to listen to. Great work.

One thing I noticed is that it seems that the Mixbuss Clean setting on the new library seems to have less low-end enhancement than the previous Clean Mixbuss. I do really like the Mixbuss Warm in the new library, where in the past I haven't used your modified Mixbuss libraries. Seems to be really, really nice to the low end clarity. Can you give any insights at all to what you used to get the alternate Mixbuss settings? Type of gear, onboard EQ, etc.? I'd LOVE to know anything you're willing to tell.

Also, the Line inputs are aces. This is going to get a ton of use - highly recommended.

Thank you,
MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

User avatar
DavidMeShow
Member
Member
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:29 am

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by DavidMeShow » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:59 am

Magic sound!!! :D Thanks a lot Alex! My new favorite Master Buss Compressor and the console is perfect!

aisharpproductions
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:06 am

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by aisharpproductions » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 am

I use a Ramsa console to mix and still have use for this new 9KC on my Mix Bus! This thing sounds great, seriously. Punchy isn't the word! lol Hey, Alex....how close would you say this is to a real 9K console?

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by AlexB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:23 am

markgalup wrote:Alex and others - sounds like this is a huge improvement to me. Much more 3D, seemingly extremely low THD sound, just exalting the tones I already had going to a beautiful extreme. The feelings and words that came to my mind was that it allowed the elements of the mix to be bigger, yet each have more of their own spaces, and it made sounds just more comfortable to listen to. Great work.

One thing I noticed is that it seems that the Mixbuss Clean setting on the new library seems to have less low-end enhancement than the previous Clean Mixbuss. I do really like the Mixbuss Warm in the new library, where in the past I haven't used your modified Mixbuss libraries. Seems to be really, really nice to the low end clarity. Can you give any insights at all to what you used to get the alternate Mixbuss settings? Type of gear, onboard EQ, etc.? I'd LOVE to know anything you're willing to tell.

Also, the Line inputs are aces. This is going to get a ton of use - highly recommended.

Thank you,
MG
The old M.BUS CLEAN sounds congested - especially in the low end - due to the "commercial" hi-quality converters used for sampling. This new release sounds more natural and very close at the sampled hardware thanks to the new custom built converters and my new sampling technique.

The "modern M.BUS" on all console libraries has a top-notch musical equalizer patched in. The other M.BUS come from the console only with my "personal tricks", no outboard patched.

Mike Baczor - aka HERO - should do a shoot-out video between the 9KC library and a real XL9000K in the next days.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

User avatar
markgalup
Expert
Expert
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by markgalup » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:41 pm

AlexB wrote:
markgalup wrote:Alex and others - sounds like this is a huge improvement to me. Much more 3D, seemingly extremely low THD sound, just exalting the tones I already had going to a beautiful extreme. The feelings and words that came to my mind was that it allowed the elements of the mix to be bigger, yet each have more of their own spaces, and it made sounds just more comfortable to listen to. Great work.

One thing I noticed is that it seems that the Mixbuss Clean setting on the new library seems to have less low-end enhancement than the previous Clean Mixbuss. I do really like the Mixbuss Warm in the new library, where in the past I haven't used your modified Mixbuss libraries. Seems to be really, really nice to the low end clarity. Can you give any insights at all to what you used to get the alternate Mixbuss settings? Type of gear, onboard EQ, etc.? I'd LOVE to know anything you're willing to tell.

Also, the Line inputs are aces. This is going to get a ton of use - highly recommended.

Thank you,
MG
The old M.BUS CLEAN sounds congested - especially in the low end - due to the "commercial" hi-quality converters used for sampling. This new release sounds more natural and very close at the sampled hardware thanks to the new custom built converters and my new sampling technique.

The "modern M.BUS" on all console libraries has a top-notch musical equalizer patched in. The other M.BUS come from the console only with my "personal tricks", no outboard patched.

Mike Baczor - aka HERO - should do a shoot-out video between the 9KC library and a real XL9000K in the next days.
Thanks for this, Alex. That's all very good to know. I totally agree regarding congestion of the previous approach, I just was referring to a slightly bumped up low end. I far prefer the new library. Also, interesting to know that only the modern preset has external gear. While I can hear that it's an excellent piece of jardware, I really love how pure the Warm preset sounds, and I imagine it's partially due to keeping the signal within the console.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3752
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by RJHollins » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Always appreciate the 'behind the scenes' info.

Thanks AlexB 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

aisharpproductions
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:06 am

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by aisharpproductions » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Thank you for your reply, Alex! I can finally get the "sound" I want, without spending $150/hr at a studio or spending $500K on one of my favorite mix consoles of all time! Jaycen Joshua and Manny Marroquin inspired the sound of my mixes and this just is the icing on the cake!

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by AlexB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:57 pm

aisharpproductions wrote:Thank you for your reply, Alex! I can finally get the "sound" I want, without spending $150/hr at a studio or spending $500K on one of my favorite mix consoles of all time! Jaycen Joshua and Manny Marroquin inspired the sound of my mixes and this just is the icing on the cake!
I'm very glad for your happiness :)
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

glaca
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by glaca » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:10 pm

I have to say that this is the first console for Nebula that made me feel the difference and give me what I was looking for. Used it as a final pass through of my album before I send it to mastering.
Two track going to mixbus instance and then to 9K compressor. Mixes were done on external analogue gear. Looptrotter summing mixer, N**e 543, N**e 542's and Overstayer. I liked the result but it was a bit too dark/warm, pillowy ;) Classic N**e they say. So I thought that giving tracks a spin through S*L 9000 could be the way. Yes it reminds a bit of S*L AWS900 I mixed on a while ago.
I love this library. All mixes presets are great. Punch, Warm, Clean and Modern all are being used.\
I recommend this. :D

User avatar
eaccin
User Level X
User Level X
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:52 am

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by eaccin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Yes, everything Glaca said above...very very good sounding, using it all over my mixes.

I have MFC and A16 but this one has become my favorite now. Congratulations Alex fot this great release and for raising the bar, again.

wjmwpg
User Level II
User Level II
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by wjmwpg » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:00 am

Is there any way to test/demo these new console libs? I'm sure they're great, but I'm reluctant to drop $75 CAD on something I can't try first to see if I like it.

kaldlyd
User Level 0
User Level 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by kaldlyd » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:02 pm

Mike Baczor - aka HERO - should do a shoot-out video between the 9KC library and a real XL9000K in the next days.[/quote]

Any news about this shoot-out video? Videos about Nebula in general is sparse to find, so an annououncement like this makes a fan of this great sounding library thrilled :D.

User avatar
Shibata
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by Shibata » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:34 am

kaldlyd wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:02 pm
Mike Baczor - aka HERO - should do a shoot-out video between the 9KC library and a real XL9000K in the next days.
Any news about this shoot-out video? Videos about Nebula in general is sparse to find, so an annououncement like this makes a fan of this great sounding library thrilled :D.

+1

Synonym Music
User Level III
User Level III
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by Synonym Music » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:25 am

+2.

User avatar
THAPRODUCERZ
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:29 am
Location: The Planet I Am
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by THAPRODUCERZ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:51 am

Damn, what rock have i been hiding under since this was released, getting this now
ITB: i7-4770 3.4ghz, 32GB Ram, Windows 10, Nebula 3 Server Ultimate,GOLD, Amethyst 2, Pink,Pro-tools 11, Cubase LE 8, Reaper 4, Fl-studio 12, Komplete 10 ultimate,i also have a need for authentic analog tone

http://www.yishinyourear.com

Post Reply