AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by AlexB » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:32 pm

Hello,

This new 9K Series release brings audio performance to an astounding level!

9KC
The voice of devilish angels


Audio purity was a major design goal, and the XL Series incorporates touches such as DC coupling, short signal paths, no electrolytic capacitors in the audio pathways, OFC internal wiring, fully balanced mix buses, angelically pure mic preamp, exceptionally low THD, noise floor & crosstalk levels keep your audio absolutely pristine, while the legendary headroom carries every nuance of your audio and allows engineers to mix ‘hotter’ without distortion with a devilish punch.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. Deep, wide, dynamics with the feeling and character of a real top-class analog console
. Line input and Mic Preamp
. 8 Bus Group programs: clean and slightly colored
. 1 LFE channel for low frequency effects as explosions and deep bass
. 4 Mix Bus Out: clean, modern, warm, punch
. New Precision Analog Panner with -4.5dB Pan Law
. GDrive control for real saturation experience
. Special AlexB skin
. No C.P. !

If you have the old MLC you can update at this last release with only 8,00EUR by sending an email request.

Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9KeQ
Pure Analog Sound


The modern parametric equalizer with High and Low Pass Filters and pure analog audio path for transparent and musical sound from the XL series Console, accuracy for surgical problem solving, smoother broader sound shaping or a little more aggressive character.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. High Pass Filter : 18dB/oct from 20Hz to 450Hz
. Low Pass Filter : 12dB/oct from 3kHz to 35kHz
. Low Shelf : variable from 40Hz to 6000Hz +/-16dB
. Low Bell : variable from 40Hz to 600Hz +/-15dB fixed Q 2,5
. Low Mid Bell : variable from 220Hz to 680Hz +/-20dB variable Q from 0.7 to 2,5
. Mid Mid Bell : variable from 680Hz to 2,2kHz +/-20dB variable Q from 0,7 to 2,5
. High Mid Bell : variable from 2,2kHz to 7kHz +/-20dB variable Q from 0.7 to 2,5
. High Bell : variable from 1,5kHz to 22kHz +/-20dB fixed Q 2,5
. High Shelf : variable from 1.5kHz to 22kHz +/-20dB
. Special AlexB skin
. No C.P. !

If you have the old MLeQ you can update at this last release with only 8,00EUR by sending an email request.

Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9KD CH
Controlling the Punch !


Channel dynamics from the XL Series Console, pure analog audio path technology that provides exceptional audio quality and punch, delivering the classic analog warmth and grit normally reserved for older mixing consoles.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. Channel Compressor
. Listen Mic Compressor
. Full Ratio control from 1,5:1 to Limit
. AHEAD extended
. Internal sidechain High Pass filter
. External sidechain control
. Drive control allows to set the sound from clean to fat
. Special AlexB skin
. No C.P. !

Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9KD GComp
Glue the Mix !


Stereo Bus Compressor from the XL series Console. It makes complete mixes sound bigger with it’s pure analog audio path, with more power, punch and drive. It brings cohesion and strength to your mix without compromising clarity. The 9KG Comp brings this classic ‘audio glue’ to you with spectacular audio performance.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. Full Ratio control from 2:1 to 20:1
. AHEAD extended
. Internal sidechain High Pass filter
. External sidechain control
. Drive control allows to set the sound from clean to fat
. Special AlexB skin
. No C.P. !

Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All AlexB Libraries are full compatible with Nebula3 and Nebula4

Please, check the website and download the user manual, try the Demo, it has the same audio quality and performance of the commercial release but with some restrictions.
You can listen the new audio demo of the 9K Console also.

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu


Thank you, all the best ! 8-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by AlexB on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

User avatar
markgalup
Expert
Expert
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by markgalup » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:42 pm

This is VERY exciting. MLC is one of my favorite console libraries for the mix stage, and it was already awesome. Can't wait!

What email address do we use for the update from MLC?

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by AlexB » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:20 pm

markgalup wrote:This is VERY exciting. MLC is one of my favorite console libraries for the mix stage, and it was already awesome. Can't wait!

What email address do we use for the update from MLC?

MG

Please use the webmail
http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/alexb/contact.htm

thanks
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3753
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by RJHollins » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:46 pm

So looking forward to updating !

Thanks AlexB :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by gus_vccs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:35 am

Loving the 4KC library.

What would you say is the main difference between the 4K and the 9K console?

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by Andrums » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:33 pm

I see aliasing at high freq in 9KC M Bus Clean,M Bus Modern,M Bus Warm 96 kHz programs.
M Bus Punch doesnt have this and other 9KC programs too.
Please fix this bug.
Attachments
9KC.png

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by AlexB » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:23 am

Andrums wrote:I see aliasing at high freq in 9KC M Bus Clean,M Bus Modern,M Bus Warm 96 kHz programs.
M Bus Punch doesnt have this and other 9KC programs too.
Please fix this bug.
There isn't any bug.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by AlexB » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:28 am

gus_vccs wrote:Loving the 4KC library.

What would you say is the main difference between the 4K and the 9K console?
You may better to listen the audio demo of both console. About the hardware the difference are night and day, I can't write here all technical characteristics... But you can find them on the net.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by Andrums » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 am

AlexB wrote:
There isn't any bug.
But why some programs produce this aliasing?

User avatar
markgalup
Expert
Expert
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by markgalup » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:28 am

Andrums wrote:I see aliasing at high freq in 9KC M Bus Clean,M Bus Modern,M Bus Warm 96 kHz programs.
M Bus Punch doesnt have this and other 9KC programs too.
Please fix this bug.
What DSPBuffer setting are you using?
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

RJHollins
Expert
Expert
Posts: 3753
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by RJHollins » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:06 am

Andrums wrote:
AlexB wrote:
There isn't any bug.
But why some programs produce this aliasing?
At -125 dB.

World-class Mastering rooms are happy to get the ambient room noise down to -20 dB.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by Andrums » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:28 am

markgalup wrote:
What DSPBuffer setting are you using?
1024

tested with 128,256,512,2048-same problem

User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by AlexB » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:52 am

It is not a problem, bug, issue or whatever.
I see it as simple noise floor that I can't believe you can hear under -125dB at over 25kHz. Every console and hardware have higher level of noise. Listening monitors included.
I wouldn't see any software analyzer, sorry, I have mine as reference and I use my personal values-spec. as benchmark for hardware repair and programs sampling.
The main and final parameter is the sound... So, I close my eyes and use my ears and these preset sound very good and musical.
I can't tell you what is or why, it's a part of my sampling-programming technique which is reserved. I hope you understand. ;)
Thanks.
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Andrums
Vip Member
Vip Member
Posts: 405
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by Andrums » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:23 am

Yes I understand.
Maybe its part of S*L 9000 sound :D

User avatar
Sheikyearbouti
Member
Member
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: AlexB: 9K Series (it replaces older Modern Logic)

Post by Sheikyearbouti » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Andrums wrote:I see aliasing at high freq in 9KC M Bus Clean,M Bus Modern,M Bus Warm 96 kHz programs.
M Bus Punch doesnt have this and other 9KC programs too.
Please fix this bug.
That's actually noise, not aliasing, and you will find it present in many other libraries from various developers. As pointed at this level at that frequency range is simply cannot be audible or an issue at all.
--
Nikolay Georgiev
http://georgievsound.com/

Post Reply