Update- Hycor Passive HP/LP filters + SmAltec HP/LP

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Update- Hycor Passive HP/LP filters + SmAltec HP/LP

Post by Cupwise » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:01 pm

This is the 3rd entry in my 'Mixing Filters' series, and it's a lot different from parts 1 and 2. There's a lot more here, and a lot of it isn't really just HP/LP filters. I got a lot of different results out of the Hycor that gave me various different types of filter effects. I think some of the programs I made from it are great for things like sound design, and not just mixing. The Smaltec isn't quite as interesting but it provides a lot of standard HP/LP cutoff positions. Like with the HP for example you get a lot of positions in the lower bass area unlike with some of the filters in the previous releases in this series. Same with the LP.

So I think this set is great for adding more HP/LP filters for mixing as well as giving you a lot of interesting and unique filters for sound design/mixing also. A lot more info at my site and in the manual but if anyone has any questions let me know here!

http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/mixing-f ... ltec-hplp/
Last edited by Cupwise on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- Hycor Passive HP/LP filters + SmAltec H

Post by markgalup » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Awesome, Tim! Can't wait to check these out. Always love your dynamic filters...
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

jbates
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by jbates » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:54 am

Really been enjoying these Hycor filters! I just worked on a mix that has a slow western/folk rock sound and these brought great vibe to the tracks. I did notice that adjusting the wet/dry "mix" signal with the "trough" programs, there is a point where it does seem to phase cancel a bit. Might just be the nature of things, but it was easy to work around that. Thank you for another great library! I'm always looking forward to your next release.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:17 am

oh right yeah that is totally true. the trough ones, i think for most or all positions, at some point between wet and dry you actually get like a high pass. the bass cancels itself out. so for those ones the 'amt' control doesn't work perfectly. also i think some but not all positions of the peak you can get a notch, beside the peak freq, between wet/dry. i left the control in those programs though just because i think the hycor part of the library is more about just getting weird filter shapes anyway (to me at least).

but for the hp and lp programs i think it always works as intended (no phase cancellations), giving you basically a cutting shelf in between wet and dry. also with the 'smaltec' filters. i might have forgot to mention this in the manual but there it is. the 'amt' control was just kind of a bonus cool thing i thought up to give some other possibilities and yeah sometimes (i think just with trough and peak programs...) it leads to phase cancellations, which may or may not be a bad thing.

anyway, glad you like them!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Update- Hycor Passive HP/LP filters + SmAltec HP/LP

Post by Cupwise » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:06 pm

just sent out emails to an update. now all 3 mix filter packs should be in the same category in nebula again.

* Moved all of the filter programs to a new category inside Nebula. They were in 'FLT' then 'CW' and 'CW*', now they're in 'CM9' and 'CM4'. This is part of a big effort on my part to re-organize all of my older libraries so they'll look nicer inside Nebula.

* Removed the pass-through programs from the filter category, because I don't want that category to be cluttered with lots of pass-through programs. I want only filters in there. So the pass-throughs are now only found in the 'PRE' then 'CW9' and 'CW4' categories.

* Updated the manual to reflect the changes to the Nebula categories now used.