Cupwise Real Spaces - Chambers Part A - Chambers of Myth

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Cupwise Real Spaces - Chambers Part A - Chambers of Myth

Post by Cupwise » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:13 pm

YES there ARE kind of two 'subtitles' in that title. Anyway...

So I've finished up this library of what will be a series that will go on for however long people actually buy this stuff! I have some prospects for some great future things already lined up... Here, however, we have TWO extensively sampled REAL echo chambers.

If you don't know what an echo chamber is, the page at my site explains it! Basically though, they're really great sounding reverbs you can use in your mixes! Altogether there are 42 reverbs contained in just 5 programs. This means you don't have to load and reload to go through the different reverbs, you can just adjust a control to get to them. Also there's an early reflections control that you can use to lower the level of the early reflections, and as always, a feedback control.

I've nicknamed the two chambers "Cyclop's Cave" and "Lancelot's Tomb", just because those names sound cooler than "concrete and drywall with bamboo diffusion" or other actual descriptive names I could think of. Plus I think having more memorable nicknames/preset names might make it easier to remember which is which, after you've got familiar with them. These chambers both sound pretty different. I probably can't really go into any more detail about them here than I already did at the site and in the manual, so if anyone has any questions or anything just ask!
http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/real-spa ... s-of-myth/

Oh I almost forgot! There's an introductory price I think I'll have up for 1-2 weeks. It's $9 off! Don't miss out... 8-) 8-) 8-)

wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Cupwise Real Spaces - Chambers Part A - Chambers of Myth

Post by wagz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Sweet! I've been asking for stuff like this for years. Years! I was considering Ebony and Liquidsonics Seventh Heaven, but I may skip those and go with Cupwise. Thanks, Tim.

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi Tim ,

I just purchased it and i couldn't download the 44 khz vectors folder , it says error on the page code or something . (i tried several times) it went well for 96 khz prg and vectors , i got the prg for 44 though ...

Thanks for your help !

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:12 pm

I got your msg Tim , thanks for the quick reply !

as i told you in my answer , i bought it straight from Paypal , so nothing on your web site . you might have to check your spam folder , if you could send me a link as you mentionned , this would be very nice .

Thanks in advance .

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:51 pm

this issue should be straightened out now. just sent you an email with the links, directly.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 am

Looking forward to picking this up, Tim! Question: Is Lancelot's Tomb just way less bassy, or did this method have a high-pass on the recording/playback for effect? Just roughly judging from my observations of the demoes, which all sound really great...

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:44 am

Amazing Release !

Even without decay , it adds a great color to any Instruments :-)

I mixed all night and really enjoy your Release ,

Congrats !

beingmf3
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by beingmf3 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:20 am

I've been wanting chambers in Nebula forever. Thanks a lot, Tim!
Also looking forward to Part B :) I hope (but that's me) you'll sample longer/splashier rooms as well?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 am

markgalup wrote:Looking forward to picking this up, Tim! Question: Is Lancelot's Tomb just way less bassy, or did this method have a high-pass on the recording/playback for effect? Just roughly judging from my observations of the demoes, which all sound really great...

MG
there are two programs for lancelot's tomb. one is brighter and the other is a lot more balanced. in the demos i use a bit of reverbs from both (there are 10 in each of those programs but i probably only use like 2, 3 or 4 from each in the demos).
beingmf3 wrote:I've been wanting chambers in Nebula forever. Thanks a lot, Tim!
Also looking forward to Part B :) I hope (but that's me) you'll sample longer/splashier rooms as well?
I've been wanting to do real spaces since I started doing this, but couldn't figure out how to accomplish it until recently. i just mean like, monetarily and 'logistically' (not sure if that word really applies to this correctly) mainly. there definitely will be a part b, probably in about a month. it will include two more chambers.

as for longer reverb spaces, i have one really, really cool one 'in the works', but until it happens there's no guarantee that it will. i'm trying not to get my hopes up too much for it because i'm just not sure about it yet. i might send them another email or call them...

then there are some other great spaces (that probably would be much longer reverb tails) that I have as options, but they'd be kind of expensive and my doing them would depend on the interest in this release and chambers B (and also on whether the other thing comes through). right now i'm not too hopeful on those either because reverbs always seem like a hard sell with nebula. so like i said, i can keep going with this as long as there's interest (sales).

there's also a few other wildcards that might come through, so i'm really hoping i can at least go a couple of releases beyond chambers b.

wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by wagz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:12 pm

I really dig this release! These chambers put a smile on my face this morning. This is what I've been looking for! I hope that you release more verbs like this. BTW, I don't think that the audio demos on your page do this library justice. Seriously. You did a great job on these. Now, I'm thinking about adding your high end verbs bundle, your newest plate (POL 3), the time cube, and/or the Nolard Spring... I usually kinda hate verb. Thanks, Tim!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:20 pm

wagz wrote:I really dig this release! These chambers put a smile on my face this morning. This is what I've been looking for! I hope that you release more verbs like this. BTW, I don't think that the audio demos on your page do this library justice. Seriously. You did a great job on these. Now, I'm thinking about adding your high end verbs bundle, your newest plate (POL 3), the time cube, and/or the Nolard Spring... I usually kinda hate verb. Thanks, Tim!
this one was really hard to get demo clips that i was satisfied with. hard to put into words why, exactly. i think the variety in the library made it was hard to focus on how to demo them. noticed that you ordered a bunch of others.. thanks! hope you enjoy them!

RE301

Post by RE301 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Very cool... 'insta buy'...

I think reverb is taken very much for granted since the arrival of widely available cheap electronic & now digital 'verbs' (even EMT 140's were prohibitively expensive when they were under patent - I believe the equivalent of something like $20-40,000 in today's money)...

In ye olde days when studios built their own chambers, this delivered a sound which no one else had, that set them apart from the competition..

On the importance of reverbs - consider that the in-house reverb chamber of LA's legendary studio Gold Star was the initial attraction that elevated the studio from having been a cheap run of the mill 'jingle' studio, into the in demand home of countless classic hits... apparently the owner had experimented for around 10 years (!), in order to find the right dimensions (some sort of trapezoid) & coating (thick plaster & cement supposedly) of the chamber(s) >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Star_Studios

So now, anyone who buys into Cupwise real spaces, is going to have access to sounds the 'rest of the world' won't have..

Hope to see more chapters arrive!
Last edited by RE301 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

RE301

Post by RE301 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Btw - apparently the original Gold Star chambers may still be intact under the studio's old location, waiting for whoever can somehow tunnel down (hint hint :-) )

wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by wagz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:28 pm

RE301 wrote:Btw - apparently the original Gold Star chambers may still be intact under the studio's old location, waiting for whoever can somehow tunnel down (hint hint :-) )
Now, that would be an insta-buy. I doubt that it's going to happen. But, if Cupwise can somehow manage to sample such renowned and unique chambers, I vote that he name the library Chambers of Legend.

plexus

Post by plexus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:33 pm

I will pick this up tonight, Tim.

Any chance you can consider doing an email out to your customers when you have new/updated products? I really HATE having to come to this forum to get product news. It's bad enough AA themselves suck at keeping their customer's informed let alone 3rd party devs now. AA won't budge on their poor customer service but I hoping you 3rd party library guys will consider getting with modern times. TimP has, which is very nice!