AlexB: R43 - Rupert 43 Compressor (it replaces older MWD)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
AlexB
Expert
Expert

AlexB: R43 - Rupert 43 Compressor (it replaces older MWD)

Post by AlexB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello,

the Rupert 43 Compressor library released !!!

Vintage and Modern Compression

New and powerful approach to dynamic processing! This widely-acclaimed dual compressor/limiter embodies feed-forward (modern) and feed-back (vintage) mode, both with that legendary, classic and elegantly silky sound. The sampled unit has been improved with NOS Signetics ICs, Rubycon audio caps, and DC path revised. Compared to the original unit, the sound is more detailed, deeper, warmer, and with a better stereo image.

. High Quality programs with full dynamics and harmonic content
. Special light edition "le" programs (CPU friendly)
. Feed-Forward and Feed-Back mode
. AHEAD extended
. Internal sidechain High Pass filter
. External sidechain control
. Drive control allows to set the sound from clean to fat
. Special AlexB skin
. No C.P. !

Please, check the website and download the user manual and try the Demo, it has the same audio quality and performance of the commercial release but with some restrictions.

If you have the old MWD you can update at this last release with only 8,00EUR by sending an email request.

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu

Thank you, all the best ! 8-)
Close your eyes and Mix with the ears
Facebook
WebSite

Will The Weirdo
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: AlexB: R43 - Rupert 43 Compressor (it replaces older MWD

Post by Will The Weirdo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:39 pm

As a big Alex B fan I want to suggest you jump to Nebula 4 as your compressors don't work well in N3. This is you biggest criticism, but as N4 compressor tech is vastly improved over N3 this could become a strength for you.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

AlexB
Expert
Expert

Post by AlexB » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Will The Weirdo wrote:As a big Alex B fan I want to suggest you jump to Nebula 4 as your compressors don't work well in N3. This is you biggest criticism, but as N4 compressor tech is vastly improved over N3 this could become a strength for you.
Compressor libraries, and ALL libraries, already work in N3 and N4, I haven't reported issues...
Facebook
WebSite

Will The Weirdo
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Will The Weirdo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Your compressors do not work like hardware Alex, jump to N4 to gain the new advances for proper compression. If you still do not understand, just demo any of the Acqua compressors to understand how your compressors sound good but do not compress properly.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:30 pm

I don't mean to meddle truly, but perhaps this should be moved to a private email thread?
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

Berty Bill
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by Berty Bill » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Is there new N4 skins included?

AlexB
Expert
Expert

Post by AlexB » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:31 am

Will The Weirdo wrote:Your compressors do not work like hardware Alex, jump to N4 to gain the new advances for proper compression. If you still do not understand, just demo any of the Acqua compressors to understand how your compressors sound good but do not compress properly.
I know and for what I've tried and listen: N4 too. It's digital compression and not as the hardware. IMHO. However my compressor works for the sound and light compression, I prefer build good sound since Nebula will work correctly in mimic the attack and release as the sampled hardware, I don't mean "fast attack and release" BUT the behavior of different compressions: VCA, FET, Vari-MU, Optical etc.
And yes, this isn't the topic to discuss/polemize about it...
Facebook
WebSite

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:13 am

markgalup wrote:I don't mean to meddle truly, but perhaps this should be moved to a private email thread?
Sorry, I think this is precisely the place to raise this. We need experienced people to help the rest of us make informed choices. AlexB Consoles and EQs can be bought without a flicker, but if the compressors are good for character and light compression only, (which doesn't seem to slow down Tim P btw...) then we need to know.

Granted WtW is direct, maybe even a little blunt, but this isn't rude and doesn't imply that Alex B can't do compression. WtW was quite clear in suggesting the limitations are with the old tech. Alex can do whatever he likes. I, like Will, hope he migrates his significant skills to N4, but it's not our call.
Last edited by garyk_123 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:49 am

for my part, i've never had an issue with alex's compressor libraries. although, i generally don't care for the sound of super heavy compression. if i find myself in need of something more 'crushing' (for lack of a better term), i may insert one of tim's presets. but alex's fenix is a mainstay on my buses. but for those of you looking for more heavy-handed compression, ymmv.

i have some song links in the general forum in case you'd like to hear how I use some these libraries. :)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Post by RJHollins » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:45 am

I'm of similar technique and philosophy ...

In Mastering, I typically call on ANY compressor for 1 maybe 2 dB of compression.

However ... I won't hesitate to stack 2, 3, or more compressors on the chain, each doing there small contribution. And to that ... I'll mix and match/combine, from different libraries.

Many Live recordings I receive are pure 'digital'. They may be 'accurate' ... but tend to be quite sterile. This is where N-4, and a huge library are called to task.

Oh ... sometimes I also need for significant dynamic control. I call on something like the SLATE master compressor ... but they are never exposed. At the least, it would drive some N-4 PreAmp for final output.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 pm

My comments on N3/4 compression were pulled by Acustica. They were not offensive, rude or obscene and probably not even very clever. Perhaps they were considered profane to the house of Acustica?

I hope this is just a technical glitch, but it has been many hours now.

Edit
**Finally approved after 2 weeks!**
Last edited by garyk_123 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:49 pm

Will The Weirdo wrote:Your compressors do not work like hardware Alex, jump to N4 to gain the new advances for proper compression. If you still do not understand, just demo any of the Acqua compressors to understand how your compressors sound good but do not compress properly.
I am of two minds on this. But honestly, the first Neb compressor that sounded very close to hardware to me is Ebony, and that was just last night. So I don't think Alex is really that far behind. Sand sounds decent too. It has the punch of hardware, but not really the pretty tone, in my opinion.

I agree with RJ, that stacking Neb compressors 2 in a row can cover a lot of sonic ground.

But if you really want hardware power and punch, get hardware. If you just need a few dBs ... Nebs have incredible value.

Heck, sometimes I like to put a Neb compressor on as a first stage and then send the signal to hardware for the heft and tightness. (Looking forward to doing that with Ebony)

But thinking you are going to get the tone, flexibility, grab and punch of a 2000 or 3000 dollar compressor with N3 or N4 ... is a lot to ask.

Alex makes the choices he wants to make, and I know we all like him and his work ... so let's see what the future brings.

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Post by davidgary73 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Just upgraded from MWD to R43. This comp is super nice and could easily replace Lime Comp C ;)

R43 & R88 on Master-buss...yum!!!!
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.1 • OSX 10.12.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

Maiv
User Level I
User Level I

Post by Maiv » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Hey AlexB, can you please make R*D MBP? (only thing missing from Por**co line ;) ) Hardware version sounds :shock:

Is there any chance for you to reconsider using separate skins (JPN)? If only for compressors? I know that everything is in sound but small percent is in visual side too.

AlexB
Expert
Expert

Post by AlexB » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:40 pm

Maiv wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:53 pm
Hey AlexB, can you please make R*D MBP? (only thing missing from Por**co line ;) ) Hardware version sounds :shock:

Is there any chance for you to reconsider using separate skins (JPN)? If only for compressors? I know that everything is in sound but small percent is in visual side too.
What is R*D MBP ?

The skin for N4 compressor will come in the future. Don't ask when... Thanks.
Facebook
WebSite