Gold Plated: Plates of Legend III - Cupwise FX release!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
brockbarritt
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Gold Plated: Plates of Legend III - Cupwise FX release!!

Post by brockbarritt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:39 am

tecolo wrote:
Cupwise wrote: For what is worth (and this is only my subjective opinion) i think your libraries are amazing and far more versatile then new product when it comes to Reverb part. Personally i am much more excited about other parts in new product and people will have to hear it by them self to believe it.
I was planning to get all of Tim's work, but thanks for sharing this information as a way of confirmation.

Fwiw, I will likely get Ebony too.

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:17 am

tecolo wrote:i think your libraries are amazing and far more versatile then new product when it comes to Reverb part. Personally i am much more excited about other parts in new product and people will have to hear it by them self to believe it.
You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

Really want to know more about the eq and the compressor. Can you say something? At least if it good, where it can shine, etc.

tecolo

Post by tecolo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:12 pm

gus_vccs wrote:
tecolo wrote:i think your libraries are amazing and far more versatile then new product when it comes to Reverb part. Personally i am much more excited about other parts in new product and people will have to hear it by them self to believe it.

Really want to know more about the eq and the compressor. Can you say something? At least if it good, where it can shine, etc.
I apologize but i can't talk about it until it is released. I am under NDA. Just to be clear i am not trying to impart or to generate fake excitement or something like that. Or to torture you guys.

Not want to be party breaker so i can say it's dead easy to dial in (read super fast workflow on EQ, very musical), and compressor section is nothing short of quite amazing. This is my subjective opinion so take it (as everything you read on internet) with grain of salt. When product is out you should at least do yourself a favor and try/demo it and decide for yourself.

New product will be out soon enough. Once again i honestly apologize for not revealing more. Hopefully you will understand.

tecolo

Post by tecolo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm

brockbarritt wrote:
I was planning to get all of Tim's work, but thanks for sharing this information as a way of confirmation.
If you seek for top notch rare reverbs then your money is well spent by buying Tim work. In my very honest opinion.

Ebony once when it's out test it and see how it will fit your workflow. My pure guess is that you gonna like it not just because of reverb - because other sections are superstars (imo)

Kind regards

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:21 pm

tecolo wrote:
brockbarritt wrote:
If you seek for top notch rare reverbs then your money is well spent by buying Tim work. In my very honest opinion.

Ebony once when it's out test it and see how it will fit your workflow. My pure guess is that you gonna like it not just because of reverb - because other sections are superstars (imo)

Kind regards
^^ Yep, agreed. Tim's verbs are in every mix and they sound as I've always dreamed. I just bought POL III today, as well as Nolard 555 Spring and Delay, to add to the arsenal. The new plate sounds just wonderful, and with great variables, and the Nolard spring is the dense, dirty, non-Beex20 spring I've been wanting.

P.S. Tecolo, I appreciate you respecting the NDA and letting us all figure it out for ourselves when the time comes.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:12 pm

tecolo wrote:
gus_vccs wrote:

I apologize but i can't talk about it until it is released. I am under NDA. Just to be clear i am not trying to impart or to generate fake excitement or something like that. Or to torture you guys.

Not want to be party breaker so i can say it's dead easy to dial in (read super fast workflow on EQ, very musical), and compressor section is nothing short of quite amazing. This is my subjective opinion so take it (as everything you read on internet) with grain of salt. When product is out you should at least do yourself a favor and try/demo it and decide for yourself.

New product will be out soon enough. Once again i honestly apologize for not revealing more. Hopefully you will understand.
That is enough, mate. Thank you very much.

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi Tim,

I need to re-download POL I. It says link expired or something on your website. I've sent an email a couple of days ago.

Thanks

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:51 pm

eaccin wrote:Hi Tim,

I need to re-download POL I. It says link expired or something on your website. I've sent an email a couple of days ago.

Thanks
did you ever get this sorted out? i usually reply to emails within a few hours.

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:45 am

Not yet Tim,

let mw know if you need me to send an email again

thanks

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:25 am

yeah send me an email and also send me a pm here with your email address in it, just to make sure.

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:20 am

Hi Tim, pm sent.

Thanks!

eaccin
User Level X
User Level X

Post by eaccin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Got the links Tim!

Thanx!

antago1
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by antago1 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Hey, Tim. I'm interested in purchasing your new bundle (Lunchpail/POL III). Not to compare with other developers, but is this the Gold Plate that is already sampled for Nebula? EMT 240?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 pm

antago1 wrote:Hey, Tim. I'm interested in purchasing your new bundle (Lunchpail/POL III). Not to compare with other developers, but is this the Gold Plate that is already sampled for Nebula? EMT 240?
i only know of one gold plate reverb..
the bundle ends after the weekend.

RE301

Post by RE301 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:01 pm

As someone who used to have an EMT 240 (its actually gold foil inside , not a 'plate' .. imagine how much a plate of gold would cost!...but yet it sounds like a plate :-0 .. how did they do it? ) - I can say the main 'Golden' program of PolIII sounds GREAT,, so close to the real thing & responding so dynamically to the input... for soooooo much less than the (astronomical) original price or even what I paid 2cnd hand for one (and had to drive to Germany to pick up)... ..

Then on top of the authenticity of the 'Golden' program - add all the additional 'hyperreality' programs Tim created which you wouldn't be able to do with an original (one trick pony - but great of course) hardware unit..

One thing I would suggest for any users is explore using a high pass filter or low end cut, as these units sound quite dark IMO... on mine I always had the 240's onboard low end cut engaged..(as best as I can I recall I used -12db @100hz)