Gold Plated: Plates of Legend III - Cupwise FX release!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Gold Plated: Plates of Legend III - Cupwise FX release!!

Post by Cupwise » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:29 am

The 3rd entry in my plates series. This time a gold foil plate. Sampled just like the others, with adjustable damper control. Library includes a bunch of bonus programs, described at the site.

There is a demo program, and you can adjust the damper control on it, through half of the complete range! It has no sampled dynamics or harmonics though, but the basic sound is there and it will give you the best idea of what the plate sounds like. So, check it out!

http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/plates-o ... d-vol-iii/
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Last edited by Cupwise on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

basaristudios
Expert
Expert

Re: Gold Plated: Plates of Legend III - Cupwise FX release!!

Post by basaristudios » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:41 pm

I tried the Demo Program. N4 ZL can not open it, it opens and
just blocks...i don't mean its a bug, i am just saying, eats
the whole CPU. Opening in regular N4 works fine and low CPU,
i don't know, i like this Reverb a LOT. There is something about it.
Prime Total, Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 3, Amethyst 2, Aquamarine 3, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy, Sand, Pink, Pink Compressors.

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks, Tim! As a very happy user of Plates of Legend I & II on damn-near every mix, I'm looking forward to hearing this! Happy to see you pushing out new products.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:28 am

Just added 4 audio clips at the site! I processed a vocal, a guitar, and some drums, at various dampening settings and using the different stereo/mono versions of the plate. I also made one to show off the bionic plate bonus program. So go check those out and see how smooth this plate is!

basaristudios wrote:I tried the Demo Program. N4 ZL can not open it, it opens and just blocks...i don't mean its a bug, i am just saying, eatsthe whole CPU. Opening in regular N4 works fine and low CPU, i don't know, i like this Reverb a LOT. There is something about it.
just updated the demo program. if you want you can try re-downloading it and trying it again. although, i'm not sure if a reverb like this should be expected to work with the ZL nebula. if you wanna try it, you'd have to delete everything in your nebula install's temp folder (in n4 it's a bunch of .csv files).
markgalup wrote:Thanks, Tim! As a very happy user of Plates of Legend I & II on damn-near every mix, I'm looking forward to hearing this!
glad to know you're getting good use out of my stuff!
markgalup wrote: Happy to see you pushing out new products.

MG
juuuust wait... there's more.... ! :twisted:

brockbarritt
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by brockbarritt » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:19 am

Cupwise wrote: juuuust wait... there's more.... ! :twisted:
What is next?

ryancost
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by ryancost » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:32 am

Hey all -
Can anyone compare Tim's plates of legend to, for example, the VXNT 140? I'm trying to think about whether I would see enough of a difference if I bought volume 2 or 3. I have the tube plate and its great and unique, but wonder if these POL would be a little duplicative or not?

Will The Weirdo

Post by Will The Weirdo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:16 am

I have POL I & II, VNXT 140 & 240e...... they are all different and worth having. Do know AA are releasing their first reverb, an EMT 140 in 3 weeks and it has full control for the first time in a Nebula technology verb, might be worth a demo.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:47 pm

ryancost wrote:Hey all -
Can anyone compare Tim's plates of legend to, for example, the VXNT 140? I'm trying to think about whether I would see enough of a difference if I bought volume 2 or 3. I have the tube plate and its great and unique, but wonder if these POL would be a little duplicative or not?
i would say PoL 1 and 2 are the most similar parts, because they both have a solid state stereo and a tube mono plate of the same models, and both of each are similar. they still sound slightly/fairly different because no plates are going to be exactly the same. so the idea is that if you really love that sound you can have some different sounding versions of the same type of plate sound, if that makes sense. the plate in this library is an entirely different design/model, and in my opinion a lot different sounding than any of the previous plates i've released (the hardware probably sounds more unique than any other plate out there).
Will The Weirdo wrote:I have POL I & II, VNXT 140 & 240e...... they are all different and worth having. Do know AA are releasing their first reverb, an EMT 140 in 3 weeks and it has full control for the first time in a Nebula technology verb, might be worth a demo.
what's that mean, 'full control' for the 'first time'? my plates have sampled dampers, what else is there? some of the units have high pass filters (not sure if they all do), but that's not really adjusting the reverb, just applying a high pass filter to the signal before it goes in. as far as i know my reverbs were the first to offer *any* sampled control (back when i did nolard spring a few years ago).

RE301

Post by RE301 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Awesome (Gold plated) - an insta-buy....

In my old workshop/studio (rip) I used to have a hardware 240 which I picked up in person in Germany, loading it into my small hatchback car (try that with a 140!)..

I 1st encountered the EMT 240 gold foil while tracking some brass at a studio in London many moons ago & the sound was so utterly majestic on horns I made a mental note that I just had to own one.

After I finally sourced a unit, not only was it the 'go-to' verb for horns, I ended up using it on pretty much all mixes as a kind of subtle character glue for everything..

Very pleased to see this one out as a Cupwise release with the so-useful & intuitive damper feature.. (!)

markgalup
Expert
Expert

Post by markgalup » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:27 pm

To my ears, Cup's plates - and other fx, particularly beex20 - are far and away the most natural, realistic, but most importantly useful-sounding plates. I purchased VNXT's plate with intent to use it occasionally but have never found a time when I found it to fit. This is of course affected by my taste, which is for plates and sounds defined throughout the golden eras of recording ('50s-'70s), as well as the more modern sounds of the past 20-30 years, with those sonic roots in mind.

I own POL I and II, and I'll be buying this third installment very soon.

MG
Mark Galup
Producer/Mixer/MFiT-Approved Mastering Engineer
MarkGalup.com
ReelRecording.com
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Acustica Audio Dealer for the USA -> Contact me for US Discounts