Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Flohre
User Level III
User Level III

Liquid Mix compared to Nebula

Post by Flohre » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:58 am

Hi there,

I'm still also using my Liquid Mix and my Liquid Channel from F*******e.
Has anyone ever compared the emulations of LiquidMix and Nebula?
If so, what are your conclusions?
I today compared the T******h Cl-1b emulations of each technologies. Well, both sound good. I have to say that the Nebula-Version (AlexB) sounds a tiny bit richer (fatter)

Would be interested in your experiences

best, Flohre
System: Windows 10/x64, Pre: 2x F*******e Liquid Channel, Apollo Twin USB, DAW: Cubase 9.5, Wavelab 9.5, Samplitude ProX3, Plugins: Nebula 4/Aqua, 2x F*******e Liquid Mix

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Re: Liquid Mix compared to Nebula

Post by davidgary73 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:49 am

Used to own one but sold it. Neb and Acqua sounds much better imho and more choices :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.4.6 • OSX 10.13.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •

Please join us - Facebook Acustica Audio Official Group page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/2161186247437661/

darren

Post by darren » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:05 pm

I have a few Liquidmix boxes, love them!

I really struggled to get the Liquidmix working with Win10 64bit - Finally got it functional though. I wish FR would write some 64bit drivers for it or support it in general, they still have not come up with something better.. instead just discontinued it and left the drivers back in 32bit days.

I think it's sound is still competitive, I've had some really great results with it. It's just more choice really - and very very light on CPU, so I tend to bring it in for mixing purposes - whereas Nebula comes in less frequently in mixing.. more for mastering and finalising.
N4. N3 Server. Ultramarine. Scarlet. Sand. Pink 7236. Pink 2412. Pink. Ivory. Green. Aquamarine. Amethyst. Gold.

SteDal
Expert
Expert

Post by SteDal » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Here you can find a very detailed review of Liquid Mix:

http://dokprogetti.weebly.com/liquid-mi ... -test.html

Unfortunately it's written in Italian; I understand we Italian speakers are a minority, yet since Italian is going to be the future common language throughout the world, as far as digital emulations of analog gear is concerned (thanx to AA), maybe you'd better take some kind of Italian-for-Dummies course, sooner or later... ;).

Anyway, I believe it might be an interesting review also for non Italian-speaking readers, though, since the author took the trouble to analyze almost all the LM presets and then rank the results in three big categories: "Sì" (Ok), "No" (Do not use) and "Ni" (Use at your own risk - see the downloadable pdf files at the bottom of the page).

In a nutshell, some presets work reasonably well, others are completely off and the trickiest ones are those that work as expected at a certain setting, only to throw everything out of whack at the next control position.

The author suggests the limited amount of memory available for storing the impulses as a possible reason for this weird behaviour. Another consequence of these early impulse truncations is an erratic response at the lowest end of the frequency spectrum in many presets.

That said, I think it would be mostly interesting to compare some of the best LM presets with the equivalent Nebula-Acqua ones, since the two underlying technologies, although similar, actually work in quite a different manner.
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 6

darren

Post by darren » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Very useful stuff, thanks.
N4. N3 Server. Ultramarine. Scarlet. Sand. Pink 7236. Pink 2412. Pink. Ivory. Green. Aquamarine. Amethyst. Gold.