Cupwise Updates- Cassetteverb, Casspressors get skins

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise Updates- Plates of Legend 2 - New skins and program updates

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:46 am

just sent out updates for plates of legend 2! i'm going to use this thread for the plates of legend 2, 3, 4, and 0 updates, so i don't bump up a bunch of other threads. but i do want to post here about the updates so that everyone knows when they've been sent out.

most of the program updates between the different parts of the series will be similar if not identical.
-------------------------
UPDATES-

*NEW SKINS! There are new skins for both N4 and N3.

*I made a subtle change to the dynamic behavior. Programs used to kind of 'stick' at the loudest sampled steps after a loud input, for way too long (super slow release). Now the release is a little faster so the dynamics are a bit more... dynamic, after loud sounds. Probably nobody will actually notice this change in action though, including me. It's pretty subtle.

*I cropped the reverb tails down to 5 seconds for all lite programs, while adding about a half second fade out at the end. Now they use even less CPU. I don't think it's very noticeable at normal levels, but the whole point of the lite programs is to not have full quality while using less CPU.

*Harmonic levels increased a bit to match hardware better.

*Optimized the harmonics using a method I've been using lately, which improves CPU use a little. Programs should also load faster and use less RAM.

*Made dynamics more feedback detector based. Not going to explain exactly why, but it's based on my personal beliefs that it produces the most authentic results with reverbs.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:51 am

just sent out updates for plates of legend 2! i'm going to use this thread for the plates of legend 2, 3, 4, and 0 updates, so i don't bump up a bunch of other threads. but i do want to post here about the updates so that everyone knows when they've been sent out.

most of the program updates between the different parts of the series will be similar if not identical.
-------------------------
UPDATES-

*NEW SKINS! There are new skins for both N4 and N3. Again, thanks to Max for the skins!

*I made a subtle change to the dynamic behavior. Programs used to kind of 'stick' at the loudest sampled steps after a loud input, for way too long (super slow release). Now the release is a little faster so the dynamics are a bit more... dynamic, after loud sounds. Probably nobody will actually notice this change in action though, including me. It's pretty subtle.

*I cropped the reverb tails down to 5 seconds for all lite programs, while adding about a half second fade out at the end. Now they use even less CPU. I don't think it's very noticeable at normal levels, but the whole point of the lite programs is to not have full quality while using less CPU.

*Harmonic levels increased a bit to match hardware better.

*Optimized the harmonics using a method I've been using lately, which improves CPU use a little. Programs should also load faster and use less RAM.

*Made dynamics more feedback detector based. Not going to explain exactly why, but it's based on my personal beliefs that it produces the most authentic results with reverbs.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:54 am

oh and also, i'm putting plates of legend 2 on sale, 5 dollars off, for a few days!
here's the link, and everyone can see the new skins!
http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/plates-of-legend-vol-ii/

xenoform
User Level III
User Level III

Post by xenoform » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:11 pm

ImageImage

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise Updates- Plates of Legend 2&3 - New skins and program updates

Post by Cupwise » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:41 am

Just sent out a new update to Plates of Legend 3, adding skins for N3 and N4, to all customers. So if you own the library you should've got the email.

I'm also lowering the price a little, AND putting it on sale even lower, for maybe a week or so, so if you don't have it and are interested, now is the time to buy!

You can see a couple of the skins here:
http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/plates-o ... d-vol-iii/

*NEW SKINS! There are new skins for both N4 and N3. Thanks again to Max!!

*Harmonics were increased in level to be closer to the hardware.

*Optimized the harmonics using a method I've been using lately, which improves CPU use a little more. Programs should also load faster and use less RAM.

*Made dynamics slightly more feedback detector based. Not going to explain exactly why, but it's based on my personal beliefs that it produces the most authentic results with reverbs.

*Fixed an issue with the dynamics in the Golden Bionic program. Actually, the problem was in the vector. If you ran a tone at a steady volume level into that program, you could see the volume increase for the first few seconds, slowly. It wasn't supposed to do that, so now it doesn't. The plate reverb produced from higher level inputs inputs could just get louder and louder, which wasn't good. Fixed.

xenoform
User Level III
User Level III

Post by xenoform » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:00 am

ImageImage

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:27 pm

Just to make sure, is it normal not to have new vectors for Vol II ?
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

xabilon
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by xabilon » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:10 pm

Yes :
This update adds skins for Plates of Legend 2, and the programs are also
updated. This time the vector files are NOT updated, so all you need to
do is update the program files.

Avgatzeblouz
Expert
Expert

Post by Avgatzeblouz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:16 am

xabilon wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Yes :
This update adds skins for Plates of Legend 2, and the programs are also
updated. This time the vector files are NOT updated, so all you need to
do is update the program files.
Thx !
Samplitude Pro X3 suite - Sequoia 14 / Windows 10 pro x64 / Pearl / Titanium / N4 / Pink / Pink compressors / Prime Comp+Mix+Curve + Caribou comp + Black Eq + Black comp / Sand / Lime / Acquamarine / Emerald / Ultramarine / Silk / Gold / Cobalt / Ebony / Ivory / BlueEQ / Lemon / Magenta / Azure

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:21 am

Plates of Legend 4 updates just sent out!

*NEW SKINS, by Max! There are new skins for both N4 and N3.

*Harmonics levels were adjusted to be more accurate to the hardware (this is one simple sentence but a lot of time and effort actually went into this).

*5th harmonic kern was removed, just wasn't adding anything and using CPU for no reason. This means CPU use should be ever so slightly lower, also.

www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/plates-of-legend-vol-iv/

also, PoL 4 is on sale for a while, $6 off!

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise Updates- Plates of Legend 2,3,4, and 0 - New skins and program updates

Post by Cupwise » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:43 am

New update! Plates of Legend 0 (Custom Plate) now has skins (again, thanks to Max)! Like the other plates of legend updates recently, there were a few changes to the programs. Fewer here than with the others, but still a few.

*NEW SKINS, by Max! There are new skins for both N4 and N3.

*Harmonics levels were adjusted to be more accurate to the hardware.

http://www.cupwise.com/fx/shop/custom-plate/

also, PoL 0 Custom Plate is on sale for a while, $4 off. that's only $11 for a great plate reverb that's part of a larger series!

xenoform
User Level III
User Level III

Re: Cupwise Updates- Plates of Legend 2,3,4, and 0 - New skins and program updates

Post by xenoform » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:38 pm

ImageImage

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:10 pm

Thanks for all the great updates, Tim and Max!

Trakz
User Level 0
User Level 0

Post by Trakz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Possible to have a plates ALL in one package to purchase ?

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:23 am

there are two bundles that contain all of the plates already. so if you buy those you'd get them at around 16% discount

and as i released the updates i put the individual libraries on sale, with reductions that probably come to more like 20% off (pol3 discount is less since it's already cheaper). pol 1 and 2 sales have ended, but 3, 4 and 0 are still on sale. so you'd save more money buying 3 4 and 0 that way as long as you hurry and get them on sale. then plates 1 and 2 can be had in the plates bundle 1, along with bee x20, which is about to get a similar update that pol series got, including a beautiful new skin by max, and it will also be renamed/rebranded to CX20. if you're into the plates, i think the CX20, even though it's a spring, should also be of interest to you, since in my opinion it's more like a plate/hall hybrid sound, than a typical spring.