Jpn skins for TimP libraries Update 05/06/18

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
myimo
User Level VII
User Level VII

Re: Jpn skins for TimP libraries

Post by myimo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:05 am

Well I think it's shockingly bad manners to criticise people such as TimP JPN (Honourable mention to Cupwise) who go to massive amounts of trouble to give us free updates time after time.
They owe us nothing as customers because the initial product that we bought and paid for was supplied to (more than) our satisfaction.
Look at Tim right now fixing a bug on the weekend when he's also working at his real Gig & JPN always providing us with fantastic looking skins.
Plus all Tims software is amazing on every level.
It's only through the goodness of their hearts and the fact that they want to put out the best possible product that they continually work to upgrade and share their work with us. To me they are artists and this recent disrespect is unbelievable.
If anyone has got a suggestion for any developer's site they should contact them directly and not on the forum especially in this case where there was such a positive atmosphere from 99.8% of people. As one poster wrote "it feels like Christmas"

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:16 am

You don't know anything about our manners or the "goodness" of anyone's hearts. We are merely putting forth a suggestion to improve a website that has a design flaw. This subject has been mentioned many times by many people.

If that offends you ... well then I am "shocked ... just shocked" lol.

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 am

jpn wrote:
bryan7nebula wrote:Criticism is how we improve. For example, the new buss pre skin has a sentence on it that says it should go after the comp. That was my idea :) I am the one who suggested it in this forum.
LoL I start doing it even before Bus Comp.
Ok keep criticism if you think it´s a good way to improove things.
When I wrote the idea to Tim, it hadn't been implemented yet and he wrote back something like "good idea" or "we will try that". Maybe you and I had same idea same time. Either way, it was an idea that needed to happen. Adjusting the website for finding the right downloads is an idea that should happen too.

We are simply your customers putting forth suggestions.

jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jpn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:36 am

bryan7nebula wrote:
jpn wrote:
bryan7nebula wrote:Criticism is how we improve. For example, the new buss pre skin has a sentence on it that says it should go after the comp. That was my idea :) I am the one who suggested it in this forum.
LoL I start doing it even before Bus Comp.
Ok keep criticism if you think it´s a good way to improove things.
When I wrote the idea to Tim, it hadn't been implemented yet and he wrote back something like "good idea" or "we will try that". Maybe you and I had same idea same time. Either way, it was an idea that needed to happen. Adjusting the website for finding the right downloads is an idea that should happen too.

We are simply your customers putting forth suggestions.
2015 I think
Attachments
SUM100A LINE_PRECOMP.png

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am

This is now bickering. Points have been made. Now let us let Tim do whatever he wants to do. Or not do.

Anyway, when's my new mastering comps gonna drop? Hurry up dude! :mrgreen:

Thierr7
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Thierr7 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:05 am

A big Thanks to Tim and JPN for all the updates !

Great Job , it makes N4 a much nicer experience ...

You guys rock :-)

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:28 pm

[/quote]

2015 I think[/quote]

JPN, criticism is only a bad word if you read it that way.

The 2016/2017 releases with pre needed that sentence as well. I am glad it is back.

jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jpn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:15 pm

bryan7nebula wrote:
2015 I think[/quote]

JPN, criticism is only a bad word if you read it that way.

The 2016/2017 releases with pre needed that sentence as well. I am glad it is back.[/quote]

critics do not help, suggestions help
And when possible they will be made.
it's not worth pushing because it only annoys.

Will The Weirdo
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Will The Weirdo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:32 pm

I like the idea of our libraries being listed on the website, it's a good suggestion, but if that cost Tim money and time, I pray he keeps the site as is and focuses on his libraries at cheap prices with free updates.

I'm thinking some perspective is needed here......

Cupwise new A*I comp is $46, Alex B's still not cheap and comps do not work right, CDSM is not cheap also and comps do not work right. Cupwise site does not list your older purchases, you must email him for your libraries. Alex B and CDSM don't list your libraries and you must email them to access anything.

I can come to Tim's site and purchase L Bus for under $30....... I can get IMHO the best S*L bus comp in software for cheap, and all I have to endure is a few mouse clicks for free updates and cheap prices.

For Tim to offer us free updates and cheap libraries his low maintenance site is what it is, if you can't stomach using one finger to click through your orders, move on to another developer and best of luck.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

plexus
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by plexus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Will The Weirdo wrote: For Tim to offer us free updates and cheap libraries his low maintenance site is what it is, if you can't stomach using one finger to click through your orders, move on to another developer and best of luck.
There is no correlation between "free library upgrades" and "listing products not orders". You are making a false equivalence for some strange reason. We'll just have to struggle through these poor usability implementations because whomever designed these sites is not thinking about ease of use by paying customers. The fact that upgrades are free or whatever has no correlation to the design of the sites. It would have been easy to organize the orders page by product had anyone cared to do so. It's annoying and as a paying customer I feel obligated and justified in bringing this to light. Glad to see other also agree.

TimP and Cupwise, can you please consider revising your site to list orders by product so that it will be easier for us to get to updates etc. thanks.