Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Jpn skins for TimP libraries

Post by jpn » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:47 am

Sr plexus
after spending more than a month working as crazy (and still continues) to respond to requests for updates of libraries (free updates), the best thing you can do is to come and complain about the usability of the site? It´s really is motivating !!!

Jack Winter
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by Jack Winter » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:12 am

jpn wrote:Sr plexus
after spending more than a month working as crazy (and still continues) to respond to requests for updates of libraries (free updates), the best thing you can do is to come and complain about the usability of the site? It´s really is motivating !!!
I kind of thought the same, having to look through past orders to find my free upgrades, if that's the worst user experience you've had using Nebula... ;)
i7-2600k/16GB, i7-4700HQ/16GB, Archlinux/KDE/REAPER, Multiface/Babyface/X32, Genelec 8040, and far too much more to list.

gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by gus_vccs » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:36 pm

I like TimP website. It's kind of neat.

But I do think that the Purchase History should have the name of the product, would be easier to manage. Maybe it's something easy to do, maybe not. Nothing dramatic, as I don't spend too much time there. :lol:

Anyway, thank you Jpn and Tim for this updates. Surge Eq Skin is beautiful, and easier to use (I just have N4, so until was all vanilla faders).

L-Bus Skin is beautiful too. Congrats.

You 2 are making, imho, the best plugins today.

plexus
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by plexus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 pm

I'd prefer to pay for updates if that's going provide a better web site. It takes a lot of time to go through my 15-20 orders to find products that are updated. If I have to pay for updates to get a my-products section that was organized by product, then so be it.

And it's not negativity, its constructive critisism from a paying customer. And it's not even directed at your guys unless you manage Tim's website. I've said my peace so there is no need to perpetuate the topic any further. Do as you must.

jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jpn » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:10 pm

plexus wrote:I'd prefer to pay for updates if that's going provide a better web site. It takes a lot of time to go through my 15-20 orders to find products that are updated. If I have to pay for updates to get a my-products section that was organized by product, then so be it.

And it's not negativity, its constructive critisism from a paying customer. And it's not even directed at your guys unless you manage Tim's website. I've said my peace so there is no need to perpetuate the topic any further. Do as you must.
You are a very funny guy

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:21 am

No need to be sensitive JPN. We are all friends here.
I must agree it doesnt make sense to login on Tim's site and only see receipts with dates and no other order information. The site has had this problem for years. And I typically have to open a lot of receipts to find the one I am looking for. No other site I buy things from has this inconvenience.

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:23 am

Criticism is how we improve. For example, the new buss pre skin has a sentence on it that says it should go after the comp. That was my idea :) I am the one who suggested it in this forum.

jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jpn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:44 am

bryan7nebula wrote:Criticism is how we improve. For example, the new buss pre skin has a sentence on it that says it should go after the comp. That was my idea :) I am the one who suggested it in this forum.
LoL I start doing it even before Bus Comp.
Ok keep criticism if you think it´s a good way to improove things.

jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jpn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:00 am

bryan7nebula wrote:No need to be sensitive JPN. We are all friends here.
I must agree it doesnt make sense to login on Tim's site and only see receipts with dates and no other order information. The site has had this problem for years. And I typically have to open a lot of receipts to find the one I am looking for. No other site I buy things from has this inconvenience.
Sensitive? All Friends ? It just depends on the way some guys talk !!!

namooz
User Level X
User Level X

Post by namooz » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:11 am

Anybody that complains doesn't know any better. Don't carry their burden, bro. Let them have it.

myimo
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by myimo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:05 am

Well I think it's shockingly bad manners to criticise people such as TimP JPN (Honourable mention to Cupwise) who go to massive amounts of trouble to give us free updates time after time.
They owe us nothing as customers because the initial product that we bought and paid for was supplied to (more than) our satisfaction.
Look at Tim right now fixing a bug on the weekend when he's also working at his real Gig & JPN always providing us with fantastic looking skins.
Plus all Tims software is amazing on every level.
It's only through the goodness of their hearts and the fact that they want to put out the best possible product that they continually work to upgrade and share their work with us. To me they are artists and this recent disrespect is unbelievable.
If anyone has got a suggestion for any developer's site they should contact them directly and not on the forum especially in this case where there was such a positive atmosphere from 99.8% of people. As one poster wrote "it feels like Christmas"

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:16 am

You don't know anything about our manners or the "goodness" of anyone's hearts. We are merely putting forth a suggestion to improve a website that has a design flaw. This subject has been mentioned many times by many people.

If that offends you ... well then I am "shocked ... just shocked" lol.

bryan7nebula
User Level X
User Level X

Post by bryan7nebula » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:21 am

jpn wrote:
bryan7nebula wrote:Criticism is how we improve. For example, the new buss pre skin has a sentence on it that says it should go after the comp. That was my idea :) I am the one who suggested it in this forum.
When I wrote the idea to Tim, it hadn't been implemented yet and he wrote back something like "good idea" or "we will try that". Maybe you and I had same idea same time. Either way, it was an idea that needed to happen. Adjusting the website for finding the right downloads is an idea that should happen too.

We are simply your customers putting forth suggestions.

jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jpn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:36 am

bryan7nebula wrote:
jpn wrote:
When I wrote the idea to Tim, it hadn't been implemented yet and he wrote back something like "good idea" or "we will try that". Maybe you and I had same idea same time. Either way, it was an idea that needed to happen. Adjusting the website for finding the right downloads is an idea that should happen too.

We are simply your customers putting forth suggestions.
2015 I think
Attachments
SUM100A LINE_PRECOMP.png

garyk_123
User Level X
User Level X

Post by garyk_123 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:27 am

This is now bickering. Points have been made. Now let us let Tim do whatever he wants to do. Or not do.

Anyway, when's my new mastering comps gonna drop? Hurry up dude! :mrgreen: