Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Jpn skins for TimP libraries

Post by jpn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:06 pm

plexus wrote:
Will The Weirdo wrote: For Tim to offer us free updates and cheap libraries his low maintenance site is what it is, if you can't stomach using one finger to click through your orders, move on to another developer and best of luck.
There is no correlation between "free library upgrades" and "listing products not orders". You are making a false equivalence for some strange reason. We'll just have to struggle through these poor usability implementations because whomever designed these sites is not thinking about ease of use by paying customers. The fact that upgrades are free or whatever has no correlation to the design of the sites. It would have been easy to organize the orders page by product had anyone cared to do so. It's annoying and as a paying customer I feel obligated and justified in bringing this to light. Glad to see other also agree.

TimP and Cupwise, can you please consider revising your site to list orders by product so that it will be easier for us to get to updates etc. thanks.
I´m sure they will consider some day .... don´t need to ask again!!!! and stop saying you are a paying costumer because all the other guys also pays the same as you pay !!!

plexus
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by plexus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:35 pm

jpn wrote:
I´m sure they will consider some day .... don´t need to ask again!!!! and stop saying you are a paying costumer because all the other guys also pays the same as you pay !!!
I agree with you. And I only posted again about it because someone was trying to make a connection between free updates and poor website usability, which are not related in any way. I will not address this issue directly again. However if someone posts a side-topic to the issue that I want to chime in on, all bets are off. It's probably better for all of us to leave it as it and move on from it. I am happy to do so.

jpn
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by jpn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:00 am

plexus wrote:
jpn wrote:
I agree with you. And I only posted again about it because someone was trying to make a connection between free updates and poor website usability, which are not related in any way. I will not address this issue directly again. However if someone posts a side-topic to the issue that I want to chime in on, all bets are off. It's probably better for all of us to leave it as it and move on from it. I am happy to do so.
If you think a little bit more you will find some relation ... just think !!!!! yes .... let´s move on

Will The Weirdo

Post by Will The Weirdo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 am

plexus wrote:There is no correlation between "free library upgrades" and "listing products not orders". You are making a false equivalence for some strange reason. We'll just have to struggle through these poor usability implementations because whomever designed these sites is not thinking about ease of use by paying customers. The fact that upgrades are free or whatever has no correlation to the design of the sites. It would have been easy to organize the orders page by product had anyone cared to do so. It's annoying and as a paying customer I feel obligated and justified in bringing this to light. Glad to see other also agree.
No correlation?
Tim has cheap libraries and FREE updates and spends little on his website, thus the one small quirk that causes you a few clicks of time. What you want will cost Tim money to change and the more he has to spend,the more he has to charge........ that's a very easy correlation for most to understand, maybe one day it will sink in for you.

There are many annoying things in life..... like you not appreciating what Tim does for what Tim charges, and your negative attitude because you find a few extra mouse clicks too much for you to handle. As a paying customer I feel it is my right to speak out when others stop appreciating how good they have it and want things that will needlessly raise the prices for everyone.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

namooz
User Level X
User Level X

Post by namooz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:24 am

Not knowing to the fullest degree of accuracy, I hesitate, and therefore feel irrelevant in articulating for fear of defeating from the correct paths of rectitude. There, I said it!

Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Post by Tim Petherick » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:39 pm

Skin updates-

37j
T-tape
Silk
Dual tech

To be clear-
In terms of letting people know of updates vis email. I'm holding off emails for a bit until I know everything is fine, It's been tested by beta testers but of course if there was a issue with any skin updates I'd like to know before sending out emails about the updates.

One eq left for skins....

Cheers

rossharvey
User Level X
User Level X

Post by rossharvey » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:12 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Skin updates-

37j
T-tape
Silk
Dual tech

Cheers
Sweet! Silk N4 here we come :¬)

wjmwpg
User Level II
User Level II

Post by wjmwpg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:21 am

Tim Petherick wrote:Skin updates-

37j
T-tape
Silk
Dual tech

To be clear-
In terms of letting people know of updates vis email. I'm holding off emails for a bit until I know everything is fine, It's been tested by beta testers but of course if there was a issue with any skin updates I'd like to know before sending out emails about the updates.

One eq left for skins....

Cheers
Hey Tim,

Just updating my Silk V4 with the new skins . . . in the N4 folder for the skins there's the usual Properties folder containing a bunch of XMLs and there's the Skins folder containing five N2S files - but there are also six other N2S files in neither the Skins nor Properties folders, just "loose" in the N4 folder - should these be added to my N4 Skins folder as well?

Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Post by Tim Petherick » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:47 pm

I just checked and amended,uploaded. The files are n3 skins. I've put them in the correct folder now. You don't need to download again just put those files in the n3 folder. My bad :?

wjmwpg
User Level II
User Level II

Post by wjmwpg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:41 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:I just checked and amended,uploaded. The files are n3 skins. I've put them in the correct folder now. You don't need to download again just put those files in the n3 folder. My bad :?
No problem Tim. Sadly I don't even have N3 . . . so it don't matter!