Timp news

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
gus_vccs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Timp news

Post by gus_vccs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Will The Weirdo wrote:It looks like S*L...... grabs like S*L, and sounds like S*L!!!!!
Hi Will, have you been beta testing the L-Bus compressor? What are your thoughts?

Is it as good as the others TimP comps?

rossharvey
User Level X
User Level X

Post by rossharvey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Will The Weirdo wrote:It looks like S*L...... grabs like S*L, and sounds like S*L!!!!!
Considering how much you rate SAND, I'm a 'tad' excited about this comment and release!

cg14om
User Level II
User Level II

Post by cg14om » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:35 am

I've got to say, Tim P's libraries are amazing ... and I haven't yet tried the latest Opto and U76 updates due to budget constraints. :D Today I decided to run a mix through some Blue 1102 pres as well as an HO Titan V2, and wow ... just beautiful.

Anyway, this bus comp is one I'm very excited for. Can't wait.

Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Post by Tim Petherick » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 am

Jpn and I have been working really hard this last month to bring the goods for many users.

We are gonna hopefully release a stream of consecutive updates, if all runs smoothly it should start to happen this week along with the bus comp. Some updates are just skins while the comps are huge updates!!

Caliente
User Level IV
User Level IV

Post by Caliente » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 am

Tim Petherick wrote:Jpn and I have been working really hard this last month to bring the goods for many users.

We are gonna hopefully release a stream of consecutive updates, if all runs smoothly it should start to happen this week along with the bus comp. Some updates are just skins while the comps are huge updates!!

This is exciting news! We appreciate all the hard work that goes into your stellar libraries!

Will The Weirdo
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Will The Weirdo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:15 am

rossharvey wrote:Considering how much you rate SAND, I'm a 'tad' excited about this comment and release!
Tim nailed L Bus IMHO, it has that classic darker 4000 S*L sound, the other S*L bus comps including Sand sound more like the brighter modern AWS 9000 S*L bus comps next to L Bus. As always take my opinions as just my opinions, but L Bus will be a very popular Tim P library.

I also love that Tim added a HP and wet/dry options, giving L Bus the ability to go beyond the hardware.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.5, Reaper 5.4, Live 9.72

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase

RainbowSix
User Level IX
User Level IX

Post by RainbowSix » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Mmm, this is a good thing for me as I can still have a S*L bus comp and sell Sand which I don't use enough to justify keeping. And it was only the compressor that was making me consider keeping it! :)

rossharvey
User Level X
User Level X

Post by rossharvey » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:02 am

Will The Weirdo wrote:
rossharvey wrote:Considering how much you rate SAND, I'm a 'tad' excited about this comment and release!
Tim nailed L Bus IMHO, it has that classic darker 4000 S*L sound, the other S*L bus comps including Sand sound more like the brighter modern AWS 9000 S*L bus comps next to L Bus. As always take my opinions as just my opinions, but L Bus will be a very popular Tim P library.

I also love that Tim added a HP and wet/dry options, giving L Bus the ability to go beyond the hardware.
Sounds amazing!

rossharvey
User Level X
User Level X

Post by rossharvey » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:51 am

Tim, please model a Tube Tech CL 1B!

Your take on it would be outstanding!

antago1
User Level VII
User Level VII

Post by antago1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:23 am

rossharvey wrote:Tim, please model a Tube Tech CL 1B!

Your take on it would be outstanding!
IMO, he's the only one who can make a version more realistic than Softube's UAD version! +1