Which AlexB Console for electro and techno?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
jeromekeller
User Level I
User Level I

Which AlexB Console for electro and techno?

Post by jeromekeller » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:47 pm

Hello,

I'm looking to buy an AlexB console, I'm leaning toward the Modern White Console but I also like the American 16 Console. I wanted to ask what you guys recommend as maybe other consoles are better for what I'm doing. I'm producing mainly electro and techno. Thanks for helping!

davidgary73
Expert
Expert

Re: Which AlexB Console for electro and techno?

Post by davidgary73 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:04 am

jeromekeller wrote:Hello,

I'm looking to buy an AlexB console, I'm leaning toward the Modern White Console but I also like the American 16 Console. I wanted to ask what you guys recommend as maybe other consoles are better for what I'm doing. I'm producing mainly electro and techno. Thanks for helping!
AlexB recommended S*L 4KC for EDM productions. You can use A16 as well but it's pretty much for rock and metal. While MWC 5088 Rupert N**e's best console and i reckon this is a very good combo with S*L.

Hence lots of engineers like to "Track with 5088, mix with S*L" :)
MacPro 2 x 2.4 Ghz 6 Core Intel Xeon • 28GB Ram • Logic Pro X 10.3.1 • OSX 10.11.6 • VEP 6 • Console 1 •
Magenta3 • Green3 • Navy • Pink • Sand • Lime • N3 & N4 • Diamond • Ivory3 •
http://www.purevolume.com/DavidGary

Join us on Facebook Acustica Audiophiles page @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/703927439766698/

botus99
Expert
Expert

Post by botus99 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:05 am

I would imagine that AlexB's 9k Modern Logic console would be great for electro/techno.
Win10 / Reaper / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM | ZED-R16 / Digi003 (Revive modded)
N4 - Orange, Blue, Purple, Pearl, Diamond, Ebony, Gold, Navy, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral, Cobalt, Lemon

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:09 am

davidgary73 wrote: You can use A16 as well but it's pretty much for rock and metal.
and stevie wonder's classic records. ;)

for my part, i would recommend trying the demos if possible. i also recommend you check out cdsoundmaster's T*****t, q8 and amk98 collections.

Brian
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Brian » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:13 am

Both the 4kc and a16 can fit well. The 4k EQs are more useful and powerful for sculpting and can get you a clean and tight low end.

Both compressors can knock hard as well, so maybe try the demos so you can compare the 4kd and a5d - see which one makes you smile more when you push drums or synths through it.
Official dealer of Acustica Audio products in Taiwan.
Acustica Audio台灣授權經銷商
[email protected]

Mixing/Mastering Engineer at Sentient Sound Labs 覺知音樂工作室

Win10 x64 | Reaper5 | PT12 | Ableton Live 9

hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Post by hwasser » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:42 am

The SSL4000 is the most common one for regular pop and rock productions. It is tight and punchy, use a SSL4000-busscompressor with it and a S*L-EQ (I recommend Solid EQ by native instruments or British Channel from IK) to get the whole thing :D The S*L-eq got lots of bite, good for rock-guitars and drums.

Maybe RND would be nice though, I have just tried the White-EQ and it is my GO-TO vocal EQ right now, VERY SMOOTH and still got bite och punch in the lows. If the console sounds anything like this it would be a magic touch for producitons that are litte on the thin/harsch side.

In face I like the EQ so much I'm thinking of getting a (hardware) RND preamp xD (my poor, poor wallet)

Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by Barendse » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:00 pm

Might be a feeling but it seems to me that 4KC blends best with the audio. Only Alex can tell but I think the sampling technique still has been improved. Even after the A16 & N14. I wasn't looking for the S*L sound but sonically this is my favourite console program. I think it can work great for all music genres.

To my ears...