Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. I (new update, added SKINS)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs
SWANG
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. I

Post by SWANG » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:44 am

^+1. brilliant series of libraries...

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:16 am

i actually have another stereo solid state one (same make/model as 'olympus' and 'apollo') sampled, along with an entirely different plate by a different company (i think it's probably safe to say- ecoplate. doesn't say II or III so i'm assuming it's the first one. not sure though). i got those both sampled at one of the studios where i had a chamber done for my chamber releases. haven't made even test programs from these plates so i haven't heard them. king of interested to hear the ecoplate. i can tell it will sound at least a little different just by looking at the tone sweep recordings, it has a different looking freq response (looks more balanced, actually).

i almost forgot i had these. i'm sure i'll release them but plates of legend II and III didn't do very well (which is understandable. part 1 did pretty good though) so it will be a while. sometime next year.

drezz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by drezz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 am

Hi Tim,

Purchased this a while back. I seem to remember not all the programs working. Never did anything about it, as i had too much on back then and it skipped my mind, which is a shame as what i heard was outstanding for mojo and sonics.

Just got your email to upgrade to latest version a few days back.

Thing is...............i only get Init screens in N4 when trying all the presets apart from the Styx 'Psuedo stereo' preset, which sounds fabulous ! (last in the list) .......ALL the other presets are Init............

Any thoughts?
Official Acustica Audio Dealer for UK/Ireland.

https://www.facebook.com/AcusticaUKDealer

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:01 am

drezz wrote:Hi Tim,

Purchased this a while back. I seem to remember not all the programs working. Never did anything about it, as i had too much on back then and it skipped my mind, which is a shame as what i heard was outstanding for mojo and sonics.

Thing is...............i only get Init screens in N4 when trying all the presets apart from the Styx 'Psuedo stereo' preset, which sounds fabulous ! (last in the list) .......ALL the other presets are Init............

Any thoughts?
hmm. could you email me directly (use contact form at my site if you don't know my email) so we can try to figure this out quicker?

i'll try to remember to post what the issue was once i've figured it out, for anyone else who may be curious. hopefully it doesn't mean i need to send out re-updated programs....
anyone else experiencing this?

SWANG
Expert
Expert

Post by SWANG » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:38 pm

no issues here...

drezz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by drezz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:05 am

Cupwise wrote:
drezz wrote:Hi Tim,

Any thoughts?
hmm. could you email me directly (use contact form at my site if you don't know my email) so we can try to figure this out quicker?

i'll try to remember to post what the issue was once i've figured it out, for anyone else who may be curious. hopefully it doesn't mean i need to send out re-updated programs....
anyone else experiencing this?
OK, will do. Thanks man........

drezz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Post by drezz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Very sorry Tim. It was user error on my part. I got a new computer a while back and re-installed everything. I installed your update the other day from the email link you sent to customers, and i thought the d/l would contain all programs and vecotrs, but of course once i checked the folders, it only contained the vector for the 'psuedo stereo' new preset, so i only had that vector and not the other older ones in the repository. I have gone back to my archives and found the missing vectors and put them in the right place and everything works fine now. Apologies for the mix up. Everything is tickety boo now.................and it all sounds gorgeous. .............such an amazing library, many thanks. All the best.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm

no need to apologize! awesome, glad you got it figured out! i know updating stuff can be annoying and especially with nebula where, as a dev i have to sometimes do the updates differently so that means it can get a bit confusing for the user. like if i just update the n2ps or both the n2ps and n2vs, it's different almost every time.

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Post by Cupwise » Wed May 02, 2018 3:51 pm

just sent out emails for another update for this. hopefully the last one for this library. i'm also sending out updates for Vol 2. Vol 3 will be updated soon as well.

The main thing is that these updates fix a small issue with the lite programs, that caused them to sound almost as if some dry signal were leaking through. Not sure exactly what it was, but it caused them to sound a bit different from the main programs. Now they should sound almost exactly like the full ones, minus the enhancements that the full programs provide (harmonics, dynamics).

xenoform
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. I (UPDATE)

Post by xenoform » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release- Plates of Legend Vol. I (new update, added SKINS)

Post by Cupwise » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:00 am

Free updates incoming for all of the Plates of Legend series, adding skins and increasing harmonic levels among a few other tweaks to the programs themselves. We're starting off by sending out the updates for Plates of Legend 1 first, so if you own this library you should be getting the email.

Check out a couple examples of the skins at the page for the library! By the way, I'm also putting it on sale for a few days, $6 off! The other parts will probably be put on similar sales as I get the updates out.

-------------------------

UPDATES-

*NEW SKINS! There are new skins for both N4 and N3. Huge thanks to Max Ponomaryov, aka azzimov for the skins!

*I made a subtle change to the dynamic behavior. Programs used to kind of 'stick' at the loudest sampled steps after a loud input, for way too long (super slow release). Now the release is a little faster so the dynamics are a bit more... dynamic, after loud sounds. Probably nobody will actually notice this change in action though, including me. It's pretty subtle.

*I cropped the reverb tails down to 5 seconds for all lite programs, while adding about a half second fade out at the end. Now they use even less CPU. I don't think it's very noticeable at normal levels, but the whole point of the lite programs is to not have full quality while using less CPU.

*Harmonics have been increased in level to match hardware closer. Olympus plate full programs had 2 harmonic kerns removed because those harmonics are mostly below noise floor in the hardware samples i took and weren't contributing anything in the programs anyway.

*Optimized the harmonics using a recent method i came up with, and which should slightly lower CPU use in some cases. Programs should also load faster and use less RAM.

*Made dynamics more feedback detector based. Not going to explain exactly why, but it's based on my personal beliefs that it produces the most authentic results with reverbs.

wagz
User Level XI
User Level XI

Post by wagz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:16 am

Thanks, Tim!

tomheavybeats
User Level II
User Level II

Post by tomheavybeats » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:40 am

Is this an E*T 140 or 240 plate or something else?

xenoform
User Level II
User Level II

Post by xenoform » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:25 pm

tomheavybeats wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:40 am
Is this an E*T 140 or 240 plate or something else?
You can use this Plates of Legends MAP for reference: https://goo.gl/bf8UcV

xenoform
User Level II
User Level II

Post by xenoform » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 pm

N4 skin examples.
Attachments
POL1_N4rack_proc.jpg